Ignoring someone

José Soplanucas
This topic is 2072 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

i have never blocked anyone, so I am not sure how it works.

My question is, if I have soneone blocked and he starts a new thread, would I see the thread?

If I see the thread I guess I would not see the OP at least someone posts in the thread quoting it. Right?

I dont need to block anyone, it is easy to ignore them. But I would love to be able to unclutter my screen erasing threads. Is this possible?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never blocked anyone, so I am not sure how it works.

My question is, if I have soneone blocked and he starts a new thread, would I see the thread?

If I see the thread I guess I would not see the OP at least someone posts in the thread quoting it. Right?

I dont need to block anyone, it is easy to ignore them. But I would love to be able to unclutter my screen erasing threads. Is this possible?

OK, apparently I was confused, the forum only seems to have an 'ignore' feature, I couldn't really find the block feature

If you are ignoring someone, if they start a new thread, you won't see that thread in the list when you look at the subform. I knew I made the right decision to block a couple of accounts when I browsed into a subform and instead of 20 threads, there were only 2 displayed on the page.

Edited by oldNbusted

I agree with oldNbusted; blocking is for private messages. if you don't want to see what someone posts in the Forums, use ignore. I've only ignored one person so far, never blocked anyone.

Sorry, I edited my comment out from under you, because I couldn't find the block feature, am I missing something?

OK, apparently I was confused, the forum only seems to have an 'ignore' feature, I couldn't really find the block feature

If you are ignoring someone, if they start a new thread, you won't see that thread in the list when you look at the subform. I knew I made the right design to block a couple of accounts when I browsed into a subform and instead of 20 threads, there were only 2 displayed on the page.

My apologies for introducing the word block, see my previous post.

I love what I am understanding. Let me check that I am actually understanding.

If I ignore you, oldNbusted motherfucker, I will not see threads started by you in the subforums. Even when other members may participate and post in your thread, I will not see it. Is that correct?

If it is, I love it and I am going to use the feature as soon as I have confirmation.

Also if it is, I need one more clarification. I noticed the language when you said

you won't see that thread in the list when you look at the subform

Do you mean I would see the threads if I am in the "New Posts" screen?

If I ignore you, oldNbusted motherfucker, I will not see threads started by you in the subforums. Even when other members may participate and post in your thread, I will not see it. Is that correct?

That is correct.

Do you mean I would see the threads if I am in the "New Posts" screen?

Funny enough, I was not aware this page existed, I just visited it and I didn't see any threads that were started by accounts I ignore, so I'm inclined to speculate they won't show up there either. like it is a specialized subforum.

However, I do notice that when I'm looking at the Forum list view (the main page that shows all the subforums) if someone you are not ignoring posts in a thread that was started by an account that you are ignoring, that update will show up in the "New Posts" sidebar, so it is possible to stumble into a thread you would otherwise not see.

I get a notice that they posted but I’m ignoring them

I've been blocked and I too get a notice that I'm being blocked whenever they respond to the same post. They still see my comments whenever someone quotes me. Sometimes they'll even respond to me. In 3rd person of coarse. For some reason they like everyone to know I'm being blocked and just how much they dislike me.