Victim of a crime

purplekow
This topic is 2073 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had the rear window of my car smashed out over night at an apartment complex when I lived in south Jersey. This was a week after I had a disagreement with another resident who said that he "owned" the parking space closest to the building; I disagreed with him stating that the manager said there was no assigned parking. Gee, I wonder who broke my window?

I wonder who broke his?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my apt broken into while I and a roommate sleeping in another room were both asleep. Woke up when someone opened my bedroom door. I said my roommates name, thinking it was him, and then whoever it was slipped away before I was able to turn on the light. I got up and looked around the apartment and everything seemed normal. Later that morning, I noticed that a stack of Mandate and Honcho magazines on the coffee table had been sliced up with a very sharp knife.

Edited by Hoover42

Had my apt broken into while I and a roommate sleeping in another room were both asleep. Woke up when someone opened my bedroom door. I said my roommates name, thinking it was him, and the whoever it was slipped away before I was able to turn on the light. I got up and looked around the apartment and everything seemed normal. Later that morning, I noticed that a stack of Mandate and Honcho magazines on the coffee table had been sliced up with a very sharp knife.

OHHHH, the inhumanity

My car was broken into twice. Once while working once at my apartment. All the cars in the apartment lot were hit. Mine was the only one that hadn't had the stereo stolen. The police asked me if I had any idea why my stereo hadn't been taken. I explained that it was a 9 year old, factory installed, base model 8 track. Haha

The usual things- 3 burglaries, vehicle vandalized three times, assaulted on a dark street once. The only exotic one was being in a neighborhood store when it was held up. As he was running out of the store, the guy briefly pointed his shotgun at me and told me to stay put.

One time, an employee of a messenger service that I used regularly charged a bunch of things on my credit card.

I was a victim of ID theft. The person stole 45K from my checking account and opened up 10 credit cards. I had to file a police report for each card, and enroll in credit monitoring. It occurred after i had changed my address to my new one as i had just bought the condo i am living in now. The FBI was involved but won’t touch it unless it was more than 100K stolen. It took me about 6 months to restore my perfect credit score.

I hate to be racist, but it was a black girl who did it. I have all the fake aliases that she used to open it up with and her 2 principal residences in Georgia where the furniture and things were sent to. I have filed police reports in her jurisdiction (Georgia) but the police won’t do anything more with it. I guess they are too busy.

Bicycle stolen. Laptop stolen from me at a McDonalds-was eating at a McDonalds in the city, kept my laptop bag next to me-a dude walked in, grabbed my laptop and ran. Luckily it was a work laptop and so company replaced it..

Credit card fraud-had someone charge 5 one way tickets from NY to Jamaica on my card-found out on my statement and cancelled card-company reversed the charges. Never been to Jamaica.

Just remembed another incident. I went to the post office one day to pick up my mail, and found a yellow slip in the box indicating that I had a package waiting for me.

I went inside to pick it up and found that it was from the telephone company.

It contained hundreds of pages of paper listing my phone bill of over $85,000 in calls for one month.

This was back in the day of phone card pins, and somehow someone got my pin and broadcast my number and pin around the world.

The phone company fraud department didn't seem to bat an eye when I told them it wasn't me, and they completely wiped the bill from my account.

I was once nearly talked into buying tight white jeans by a rather smooth salesman at Neiman Marcus.

If I hadn't come to my senses, I'd have considered that a crime.

I think it is a crime that I was not able to see you in those white jeans. I would have loved to have been the one to say: "Those jeans do nothing for you, so slip out of them and let me do something for you.".

I was a victim of ID theft. The person stole 45K from my checking account and opened up 10 credit cards. I had to file a police report for each card, and enroll in credit monitoring. It occurred after i had changed my address to my new one as i had just bought the condo i am living in now. The FBI was involved but won’t touch it unless it was more than 100K stolen. It took me about 6 months to restore my perfect credit score.

I hate to be racist, but it was a black girl who did it. I have all the fake aliases that she used to open it up with and her 2 principal residences in Georgia where the furniture and things were sent to. I have filed police reports in her jurisdiction (Georgia) but the police won’t do anything more with it. I guess they are too busy.

How was her skin color relevant?

About ten years ago I had a home break-in, while I was in the house. It was about 3:00 AM, and the potential thief bolted when I shouted and he realized I was home.

Twenty five years ago my car was hotwired and stolen. Remarkably it was recovered three days later; abandoned with almost no damage.

Was an Amex Platinum cardholder then, they were nothing short of *amazing* getting me a new card and helping out.

This caught my attention. I have had similar stellar experiences with Amex Platinum on a variety of fronts over the years - from travel to fraud prevention and card replacement. Also a great membership rewards program. I use it for just about everything I can. “Wouldn’t leave home without it.” ;):p