My Labor Day dinner menu

bnm73
This topic is 2093 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be worth investing in a little hot plate if the stove is difficult for you to use because of difficulty getting around. Even a one-burner hotplate will let you sear your steak or burgers while you cook some frozen veggies in the microwave.

Or better yet an induction burner

Chinese is always good. Their hot mustard clears the nostrils! :)

I've never known anyone including myself who likes the soups.

Not surprising that you do not know anyone who likes Chinese Restaurant soups. Of course, most of the things you say if not surprising, just provincial and pedestrian and ultimately, for me, disappointing and deluded.

Not surprising that you do not know anyone who likes Chinese Restaurant soups. Of course, most of the things you say if not surprising, just provincial and pedestrian and ultimately, for me, disappointing and deluded.

I don't like liver, carrots, mushrooms or cooked onions either.

But generally I like Chinese, Mexican and East Indian food.

Keep your ad hominem to yourself, please. This thread is about food.

Keep your ad hominem to yourself, please. This thread is about food.

I believe I responded about soup. However, as delicious as this thread is, it is not immune from an occasional foray. In fact I believe your second post here would be considered ad hominem. But I suppose that does not amount to a hill of beans. In fact, the post I am posting and the one I am answering would also qualify. Two peas in a pod. I reckon.

I had spaghetti and cauliflower with sauteed bread crumbs over the top. A tattered blue collar dinner for labor day. I did not use a spoon to twirl my spaghetti.

I believe I responded about soup. However, as delicious as this thread is, it is not immune from an occasional foray. In fact I believe your second post here would be considered ad hominem. But I suppose that does not amount to a hill of beans. In fact, the post I am posting and the one I am answering would also qualify. Two peas in a pod. I reckon.

I had spaghetti and cauliflower with sauteed bread crumbs over the top. A tattered blue collar dinner for labor day. I did not use a spoon to twirl my spaghetti.

love cauliflower that way. I never fix it - just have it in restaurants

...has been posting here for a long time, and seldom comments negatively without a good reason

Whatever his reason, I found it rather unwelcome given the tone of the thread. But even though the thread is about food, I'll refrain from feeding the trolls.

(Still in a foodgasm from the brisket......)

End of weekend, creative refrigerator meal

I had sauteed rainbow chard with baby squash-zucchini, chicken breast, and some kim chee thrown in for flavor.

Enjoying these odd little squash I picked up at the farmer's market

6fff6064780a82f689ac7625fb02a327--summer-squash-garden-seeds.jpg

I've seen those but never tried them. Hope they were yummy.

Wouldn't be better to wait a bit longer before on so strongly. You just started here a month ago. And yes, I am aware that it is a mistake to be critical of you

Whatever his reason, I found it rather unwelcome given the tone of the thread. But even though the thread is about food, I'll refrain from feeding the trolls.

(Still in a foodgasm from the brisket......)

Wouldn't be better to wait a bit longer before on so strongly. You just started here a month ago. And yes, I am aware that it is a mistake to be critical of you

Oh, I can take criticism....sometimes I'll just take note of it and disregard, though. :)

Unnecessary name calling is unseemly and rude, imho. I get that this is the age of Trump and all, but a LITTLE decorum is appreciated. I get that people don't always get along, carry grudges, and might not like each other....but can't we agree that food is yummy?

I've got several good reds from the Livermore valley....but also some homemade beer.....which to choose, which to choose....

I'm in . . . Too bad you're on the west coast. I'd bring you a nice bottle to add to your collection. You sound like the cook to me. Hope you had a nice enjoyable Labor Day. CHEERS!

End of weekend, creative scrounge-the-refrigerator meal

I had sauteed rainbow chard with baby squash-zucchini, chicken breast, and some kim chee thrown in for flavor.

Enjoying these odd little squash I picked up at the farmer's market

6fff6064780a82f689ac7625fb02a327--summer-squash-garden-seeds.jpg

I've had green and yellow zucchini and a combination of each but have never seen the likes of zucchini with this type of coloring. The green bulb at the head resembles that of a penis. They must be very tasty. o_O

I'm in . . . Too bad you're on the west coast. I'd bring you a nice bottle to add to your collection. You sound like the cook to me. Hope you had a nice enjoyable Labor Day. CHEERS!

I learned long ago that the easiest way to eat good food is to learn how to make it. :)

Even if you only can make a couple of things well, you can still impress the pants off of most people. (Literally and figuratively.)

http://www.roadsmile.com/images/mercedes-benz-600-landaulet_red_0.jpg

Settling in for the short drive home

Bigvalboy decides there's time for another quick one

http://www.scottgrundfor.com/mercedes-benz-600-pullman-landaulet-used-queen-sale/

Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman Landaulet

Built for a Queen...and Tito and “Papa Doc” Duvalier" AND...Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, ,Chairman Mao, Marshal Tito, Iranian Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, Kim Il-sung, Kim Jong-il, and Ferdinand Marcos :eek:

http://www.scottgrundfor.com/wp-content/uploads/pullman-landaulet-01.jpg

http://www.scottgrundfor.com/wp-content/uploads/pullman-landaulet-03.jpg

Edited by bigvalboy