Hoagie, Hero, Sub,or Grinder? Hot Dog or Frank? Soda or Pop?

samhexum
This topic is 2170 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, many people use Coke as a generic for any kind of soda......interesting history/marketing/evolution of that habit......

I loathe and despise people who say Kleenex when they mean tissue.

And don't get me started on folks who say bad-aid for bandage!

"pop" is, of course, considered very Midwestern......though I'm half-Midwestern and lived there as an older kid, we never used that word......to be honest, it always seemed a tiny bit "white trash " to me.......we always used "soda" or "coke" (generic for any soft drink).......

sneakers or tennis shoes?

"pop" is, of course, considered very Midwestern......though I'm half-Midwestern and lived there as an older kid, we never used that word......to be honest, it always seemed a tiny bit "white trash " to me.......we always used "soda" or "coke" (generic for any soft drink).......

sneakers or tennis shoes?

Gym shoes. Lately, I've used walking shoes.

Something those few in SE Michigan will understand. Party store.

xxxxx, hot dog, sandwich. I never drink sodas or coke or soft drinks so I don't have a name for them.

wonder what the word is that didn't make it past the censoring software....RM: you could spell it out in a clever way, if you want, with dashes or something between the letters

Something those few in SE Michigan will understand. Party store.

I've lived in SE Michigan all my life. A co-worker (new to the area) asked where he could find a party store. I kind of goggled at him for a second because there's one about every half-mile. Party store, to me, is a liquor/beer/wine store. He meant someplace where he could pick up stuff like balloons, and decorations, and paper tablecloths in different themes.