411 on spa 27

Marcjr69er

Sounds like they may get some new masseurs there soon.  I called over there and Johnny, Andrew and Ken no longer work there. If anyone has any intel on the new guys would you mind sharing?  I wonder if these guys switched to other spas.  

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, DJ Brum said:

Seekers should give Mark a try.  He was great (as Max) at Super Men's and has just returned to Spa 27 (the #105 location).  Great massage, nice disposition and very easy on the eye (well-built Asian man)

I found his massage lacking in skills, very average, my experience ....

On 6/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, DJ Brum said:

Seekers should give Mark a try.  He was great (as Max) at Super Men's and has just returned to Spa 27 (the #105 location).  Great massage, nice disposition and very easy on the eye (well-built Asian man)

@HungreeMunkee69 I tried Mark yesterday. Pretty good massage. His hands moved fairly quickly for the first few minutes for the initial "head to toes" once over, but he slowed down as he concentrated on various areas (shoulders, lower back, legs, etc.) and gave a nice massage. I would repeat. 

3 minutes ago, urbanfetish said:

@HungreeMunkee69 I tried Mark yesterday. Pretty good massage. His hands moved fairly quickly for the first few minutes for the initial "head to toes" once over, but he slowed down as he concentrated on various areas (shoulders, lower back, legs, etc.) and gave a nice massage. I would repeat. 

Thanks for the review on Mark. I wonder about the other newbies like Chad, Terrence, Romeo, Carlos, Diego.

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Can I ask how much people tip for a $70 session? (1 hr).  Below-average ($10), average ($20), great ($30).  Is that fair? 🤔

Maybe with no extras, but at a lot of these "NYC spas" that may offer extras, I would suggest a 75-100% tip is more the norm. A $40 tip on a $70/hr massage would be on the low end. If you search the forum, there are a couple of threads that discuss tip etiquette.

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Can I ask how much people tip for a $70 session? (1 hr).  Below-average ($10), average ($20), great ($30).  Is that fair? 🤔

I personally just go with $50-$100 each time, and even more depending on the service and the vibe with the masseur. I went to a very popular spa (that people on here rave about) and got a very mediocre massage with very mechanical extras that I stopped half way through, so I only tipped $20 that day. The masseur wasn’t happy BUT neither was I with the service I received, so oop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 2:46 PM, john1 said:

I suspect that for a $70 session the masseur only gets $20 and the house gets $50.  The rents on West 27th Street are probably high. Since the masseurs rely on tips I would say an $80 tip would be appropriate for a great massage.

17 hours ago, sutherland said:

I suspect that for a $70 session the masseur only gets $20 and the house gets $50.  The rents on West 27th Street are probably high. Since the masseurs rely on tips I would say an $80 tip would be appropriate for a great massage.

That's super generous!  More than 100% tip.  The masseur would have to make me very happy to give that much.  I think $40-$50 is adequate unless extra special treatment.

It's not my duty to figure out how they split the income.  I pay as a fair and satisfied customer:

not trained and no extras - 20 (you just wasted my time)

trained mediocre massage and no extras - 40 (just like any legit place)

trained excellent massage and no extras - 60 (you deserve a tip for being a good masseur)

trained massage and minimal extra (HE) - 60-80 (depending on massage experience)

rest is up to you, but should be commensurate with what you receive.

37 minutes ago, diehard_002 said:

Many guys at 27 men who were popular and had what it took to get the big tips have already jumped ship and become independent. 

Okay, I'm just jumping in on this Forum without reading from the beginning but, is Spa 27 in Chelsea, NYC? (I live and work in the area and I'm looking for recommendations for my first Spa/Massage visit) ... thanks! 🙂

5 hours ago, manmed said:

It's not my duty to figure out how they split the income.  I pay as a fair and satisfied customer:

not trained and no extras - 20 (you just wasted my time)

trained mediocre massage and no extras - 40 (just like any legit place)

trained excellent massage and no extras - 60 (you deserve a tip for being a good masseur)

trained massage and minimal extra (HE) - 60-80 (depending on massage experience)

rest is up to you, but should be commensurate with what you receive.

This is an excellent and reasonable breakdown, I think.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, DJ Brum said:

I work in this area, searching around for a first massage and I will definitely take this under consideration ... thanks! 🙂

48 minutes ago, Cure69 said:

Okay, I'm just jumping in on this Forum without reading from the beginning but, is Spa 27 in Chelsea, NYC? (I live and work in the area and I'm looking for recommendations for my first Spa/Massage visit) ... thanks! 🙂

Yes, several men's spas in Chelsea.  Google for exact locations.