Should a Masseur disclose if they’re POZ?

fratphysicals
This topic is 2177 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in hell should a masseur disclose that?!?!

No offense, but the idea of demanding that perpetuates stigmas of those who are positive.... as if someone could catch HIV from being touched.... (that’s so early 1980s)

However, if the massage goes down a sexual route, one should always behave using sound judgment and personal responsibility, and should treat every encounter in a way that preserves your own health.

Interested to know all your thoughts on this but if a masseur is HIV+, should they disclose that before you book a session with them?

No. They have no need to. In the event the massage turns sexual, it is up to the client to treat the encounter as they would with ANYONE they have sex with ( a masseur, a date, a Grinder hook up, etc.) using all the necessary precautions to make it safe sex. One piece of advice though: in this massage forum I have seen many times people talking about a massage going the sexual route.....if it comes to fucking, remember that condoms and massage oil don't mix (broken condoms). So if you are covered with oil from the massage, and then it gets sexual and the masseur takes out a condom to fuck you, don't get caught up in the moment and go there. And if you do, make sure you shower off all that massage oil first to avoid broken condoms. Just saying.....

I think they should especially if they instigate the contact .... many times I hire with no intention of anything sexual and before you know it a tongue is in my ass ....

What’s funny about those of you that say no they shouldn’t have to is that if it was any other STI you probably would be the first to say the oppposite even though those are completely curable (for the most part) with a single pill. Not sure what the difference is? Is a disease virus sexually transmitted whatever you want to call it. Not to go legal on it ... but there’s a lot of precedent and people in prison for not disclosing or lying about it .....

That is up to the masseur to make that decision. I was with a masseur where the session did turn out to be an all-out fucking session. He disclosed first that he’s negative so I mentioned that I’m negative as well. It was a nice hot session but I’m glad he said it first because I was ready to ask. I think ot makes it an even hotter session not having that in the back of your head. If the session is purely therapeutic then I don’t see why anybody needs to know. But if it does turn into something more intimate then it is a whole new ball game. If the masseur plans to use condoms then he may not have to. It’s an uncomfortable topic but an important one.

He disclosed first that he’s negative so I mentioned that I’m negative as well. It was a nice hot session but I’m glad he said it first because I was ready to ask. I think ot makes it an even hotter session not having that in the back of your head.

A total stranger told you he was negative and you believed him?

Interested to know all your thoughts on this but if a masseur is HIV+, should they disclose that before you book a session with them?

Unless you want the masseur to fuck you without a condom or to bottom for you BB...

200.gif

I assume everyone could be poz.

I do the same.

I assume everyone has scabies or crabs. Especially librarians.

I wouldn't compare other STDs to HIV.

We all have freewill and we all know the risk we want to take. The only safe sex out there is abstinence.

EVERYHTING has a risk. And believing the status of someone even if they show you paperwork is risky. There’s a window that tests don’t show.

Do you think PrEP is effective against HIV?

Do you think PrEP is effective against HIV?

I'm going to pull a Clinton - depends on what your definition of "effective" is (Clinton said "depends on what the definition of 'is' is").s

Kaiser SF has more than 5,000 members on PrEP and only 1 has seroconverted, 4 nationwide at this point. I would call that

effective, but I acknowledge that level of risk is too high for some people, and I will not fault them for it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am now among the 5,000 - I have a long term boyfriend who is poz, and went on the regime

in part to ease his worries.

Actually yes. This was not from any of these website most of us hire from. This happened from a reputable spa. So I do know where he works. I’ve tested since and still negative in case you’re curious.

I would NEVER trust ANYONE telling me they are HIV negative ( a masseur, a date, a quick hook up......which your massage was).....and then have unprotected sex with them. Just because they say they are negative does not make it true. I know we all can get carried away in the moment, and if they say they are negative we believe them, and want it to be true, and will do foolish things. But I lived through the horror during the height of the Aids epidemic and watched friends die, and would NEVER take someone's word if they casually said they are negative. Safe sex always, I don't care what they tell me.

Edited by Dmitri

Actually yes. This was not from any of these website most of us hire from. This happened from a reputable spa. So I do know where he works. I’ve tested since and still negative in case you’re curious.

Come on. Are you serious?

I assume you are concerned about remaining negative and you believe a perfect (reputable?..) stranger who tells you he is negative and you give for granted that he really is?....