....Perhaps to dream

purplekow
This topic is 2204 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I woke up this morning and I was confused as to whether I found a large lump on my dog or if it was a dream. I was hesitant to even check the dog. Eventually, it turned out it was a dream and the dog is fine. He is still recovering from knee surgery and during my period of doubt, I kept thinking that if he really had a large lump they would have found it during the surgery.

Have you ever awoken and not known whether something was real or a dream?

I woke up this morning and I was confused as to whether I found a large lump on my dog or if it was a dream. I was hesitant to even check the dog. Eventually, it turned out it was a dream and the dog is fine. He is still recovering from knee surgery and during my period of doubt, I kept thinking that if he really had a large lump they would have found it during the surgery.

Although this has not occurred recently, I have awoken confused as to whether something was real or a dream.

I used to dream very vividly, long dreams connected over many nights, in which I was living a totally different life. In that life, I thought my real life was the dream. These dreams stopped comparatively abruptly when I started to talk about them and never resumed but I can still remember some of the details very clearly. I am presuming for the sake of clarity that this forum is part of my real life! And yes, I did have therapy which brought out a cause but not an explanation.

Years ago I smoked cigarettes (yuck!) and occasionally I still have dreams in which I light up. It's so real that I wake up feeling disappointed in myself. What a relief when I realize it was just a dream.

Also, I do wake up laughing often and that's a hoot -- even though I can never remember what was so funny.

I had recurrent dreams ... elevators which were just a platform with a rope through the middle. [The Disney Tower of Terror got rid of those.] Sometimes I give anesthesia, which is always a disaster because the patients are too light.

I've had recurrent (over years) dreamed of apartments I never lived in ... with weird locked doors and halls. I should have been a locksmith!

There's the story of a Chinese philosopher who once dreamed he was a butterfly. From then on, he was never sure if he was a Chinese philosopher dreaming he was a butterfly, or a Butterfly dreaming he was a Chinese philosopher.

There's the story of a Chinese philosopher who once dreamed he was a butterfly. From then on, he was never sure if he was a Chinese philosopher dreaming he was a butterfly, or a Butterfly dreaming he was a Chinese philosopher.

Isn't this the plot of Alice Through the Looking Glass, at least vis-a-vis the White King? (I hope I have the identity of the king right.)

I have a big ficus tree in the kitchen and I've been concerned about it- it didn't seem to be thriving in that location. I had a dream that I was examining the leaves on the tree and noticed a lot of new growth. When I remembered the dream, I checked the ficus, and, sure enough, it has new shoots all over.

I have a big ficus tree in the kitchen and I've been concerned about it- it didn't seem to be thriving in that location. I had a dream that I was examining the leaves on the tree and noticed a lot of new growth. When I remembered the dream, I checked the ficus, and, sure enough, it has new shoots all over.
Dreams do come true.