Plane tickets

GregM
This topic is 2191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm going to Seattle in July for a training class and of course have to fly. I'm debating should I wait till after Memorial day weekend or should I purchase now? My gut is telling me and so is the app Kayak to buy now. Any expert tips? Swa is having a sale right now I am aware of with a Tues departure which is perfect as far as heading out there cause that's the day I need to leave.

Hugs,

Greg

I generally book 6 weeks in advance. Before 6 weeks the prices are usually higher but I'd trust Kayak.

FYI, best way to get from the airport is to take the light rail. Taxi or ride share (Uber) are super expensive and traffic is terrible. I flew into SEA in March and took the light rail to downtown and then walked to my hotel. Also, a lot of hotels offer free pickup from the train station or light rail.

Whenever I use Kayak, it clutters up my screen by popping up pages for Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and all the rest all at the same time. Invariably, they all have the exact same prices for the flights I'm interested in. The last time I booked, I had better luck going straight to the airline's own websites.

Whenever I use Kayak, it clutters up my screen by popping up pages for Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and all the rest all at the same time. Invariably, they all have the exact same prices for the flights I'm interested in. The last time I booked, I had better luck going straight to the airline's own websites.

I use the app so there's no popups. I rarely use the laptop for anything so popups are never an issue. Kayak is nice cause one can compare times and prices all in one place.

Hugs,

Greg

Except Southwest isn’t on Kayak (or Expedia, etc.). Always have to check it separately.

One should always check out Southwest. Remember that with Southwest you can rebook if the price of the flight goes down and you can get credit toward another flight for up to a year. You can also cancel your reservation and get full credit toward another flight aging within a year. When I see a good SW fare I usually grab it and it rarely goes down, but if it does it’s like an insurance policy.

Book on a Tuesday. Stay over a Saturday.

I normally do but for this trip, I want to make my trip to Seattle as short as possible. My main purpose is to take a 3 day class and then gtfo.

Hugs,

Greg