Prince Harry is getting married

WilliamM
This topic is 1163 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Me too. I think it all mimicked his service to Her Majesty's force. I can't recall what arm he was in. A lot of them serve in the Navy. At any rate he seemed in very good shape.

He was a helicopter pilot and was part of the Falklands war. Not sure he saw actual combat but I seem to recall there being reports of his flying missions during that incursion. Sorry. that was his uncle Andrew.

I've grown fond of James Corden and tape his show every night now. I particularly find his interaction with Reggie Watts very amusing and witty. Last night's episode with Prince Harry was interesting and the visit to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" home was a gem, esp the part of Harry using the bathroom (and sticking his head out the bathroom's porthole window). It's all very humanizing, which may be why the royals are upset with the appearance (per hunky James Longmans's Twitter). I, too, was amazed at Harry's physical fitness and the ease with which he mastered the obstacle course.

I've grown fond of James Corden and tape his show every night now. I particularly find his interaction with Reggie Watts very amusing and witty. Last night's episode with Prince Harry was interesting and the visit to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" home was a gem, esp the part of Harry using the bathroom (and sticking his head out the bathroom's porthole window). It's all very humanizing, which may be why the royals are upset with the appearance (per hunky James Longmans's Twitter). I, too, was amazed at Harry's physical fitness and the ease with which he mastered the obstacle course.

Why were the "royals" upset about the Twitter? I thought it was humorous that he was showing that they respected each other enough to want to discuss the purchase (knowing that they were not going to buy it). I am sure I missed something

I heard on the news this morning that he lives in California now (I seem to recall they say Montecito). Do any of you know what his immigration status is? Maybe the royals haven't caught on that the US, India, and Ireland are no longer part of the British Empire/Commonwealth? Maybe he can get a green card because of his wife? If I had to pick which of the Queen's realms is the most pleasant, I'd pick Australia. If I were her, I'd prefer to live in Yarralumla.

I heard on the news this morning that he lives in California now (I seem to recall they say Montecito). Do any of you know what his immigration status is? Maybe the royals haven't caught on that the US, India, and Ireland are no longer part of the British Empire/Commonwealth? Maybe he can get a green card because of his wife? If I had to pick which of the Queen's realms is the most pleasant, I'd pick Australia. If I were her, I'd prefer to live in Yarralumla.

They're neighbors of @MikeBiDude and occasionally get together for barbecue while keeping 6 feet apart. They saw Tiger Woods accident together ;):rolleyes: ?

I'm sure just because of who he is he got a visa, I don't know if he can become a US citizen while keeping his right to become king.

I wonder if she'll go to the UK to give birth or do it in California? Their son would be the closest foreign born in line to the British throne, Harald V King of Norway is also in the list but far behind, legacy of Queen Victoria's marriage policies.

Why were the "royals" upset about the Twitter?

I think it had to do with timing. The Queen gave a big speech on getting vaccinated on same day as Harry's appearance - which royals apparently felt diverted attention away from Queen Mum.

Per Daily Mail:

'When the Queen speaks it's accepted she has a clear field': Palace brands rapping Harry's interview 'unhelpful' for overshadowing 'rare and important' vaccine video after he blames press for driving him away - and Meghan reveals pet name

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9303647/Palace-sources-brand-timing-Harrys-TV-appearance-unhelpful.html

I believe that he can become a lawful permanent resident (a green card) if Meghan M. is still a citizen of the U.S. If Archie had been born in the U.S. then he would have become a citizen right away but he was born in London. So I imagine he will go through the same process as his father.