Bidets

Avalon
This topic is 1918 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used an "electronic bidet" at the rental home friends were staying at about a year ago......first time I ever used anything like it.....it was required use at this particular 1930s-era rental because the septic system was fragile and the landlords didn't want toilet paper clogging it up.....

a small, heated stream of water shooting straight up was engaged at the push of a button....a very concentrated and effective squirt - even a bit invasive!.....slight moving around ensured that you were completely cleaned up all over your bottom......afterwards, one "bunch" of toilet paper dried you up and it, clean, was deposited in a small wastebasket for that purpose

Edited by azdr0710

I was recently at the Grand Hyatt, Kauai. They had a "Japanese" toilet.

You could choose temperature; smooth or pulsating; stationary or moving; and when you were done, and nice, warm breeze.

I think I used toilet paper once, after I discovered this delight.

Oh, and of course, the person I was with ... well, I'll let him chime in on his own.

I found the Japanese toilets a bit “invasive” and somewhat

uncomfortable. Imagine a fairly powerful squirt gun...aimed

right at the center of your asshole.

The stream is very small but intense. You have to wiggle your

ass around to really get clean, and it not what I would call

an enjoyable experience.

I’m sure years, if not decades, of research has gone into these

devices, but I’d prefer a broader, more gentle, stream. More

garden hose and less squirt gun.

Give me an old fashion European bidet anytime.

In 2015 I spent several days in Amsterdam at a top hotel with Chris Eisenhower (miss you!) and the room had Toto washlets in the bathrooms. We both loved it, and when I retired a year later I got one for my home bathroom as a present to myself. It cost about $3000 including the unit and installation (I'm sure there are less expensive versions) and I don't regret it for one moment. Maybe it's for people "of a certain age" but I find it makes me feel clean and sanitary.

used an "electronic bidet" at the rental home friends were staying at about a year ago......first time I ever used anything like it.....it was required use at this particular 1930s-era rental because the septic system was fragile and the landlords didn't want toilet paper clogging it up.....

a small, heated stream of water shooting straight up was engaged at the push of a button....a very concentrated and effective squirt - even a bit invasive!.....slight moving around ensured that you were completely cleaned up all over your bottom......afterwards, one "bunch" of toilet paper dried you up and it, clean, was deposited in a small wastebasket for that purpose

+1

They're wonderful! Sadly you don't see as many in Florida as you did in LA. During a remodel once, I asked my contractor about re configuring the bathroom so that I could install one. He had never heard of a bidet, and trying to explain it to him left him starring back at me like a deer in headlights. I should have realized then that I needed a new contractor, but I was shallow then, and I had hired for looks not brains...

I found the Japanese toilets a bit “invasive” and somewhat

uncomfortable. Imagine a fairly powerful squirt gun...aimed

right at the center of your asshole.

The stream is very small but intense. You have to wiggle your

ass around to really get clean, and it not what I would call

an enjoyable experience.

I’m sure years, if not decades, of research has gone into these

devices, but I’d prefer a broader, more gentle, stream. More

garden hose and less squirt gun.

Give me an old fashion European bidet anytime.

I like the invasive feature...lol. But, there is a wide spray function too.

+1

They're wonderful! Sadly you don't see as many in Florida as you did in LA. During a remodel once, I asked my contractor about re configuring the bathroom so that I could install one. He had never heard of a bidet, and trying to explain it to him left him starring back at me like a deer in headlights. I should have realized then that I needed a new contractor, but I was shallow then, and I had hired for looks not brains...

Yeah, my contractor looked at me quizically as it was a new condo and i had just asked him to break a newly tiled wall to install an outlet... he had no idea what i was trying to accomplish. Fortunately, found another electrician who was willing to do the job.

I put on in a clients house and made the mistake of playing with the buttons on the control pad while taking a pee. Water literally shot out and hit the ceiling and all over me.

The newer bidets require you to be sitting on it, before any buttons can be activated....unless, you pee sitting down....

Those are very common in Detroit and Honolulu, places visited a lot by Japanese business men and tourists.

When I was in Cuba in 2015, my hotel room had a bidet. I loved it, for it was great for douching. That warm water flowing on and slightly up one's anal hole was oh so refreshing. It also got the necessary job done!

I also used a bidet while traveling through various parts of Europe. [...would really like to have one installed in the bath of my townhouse here in the US.]