Do You Take Your Shoes Off To Weigh?

Avalon
This topic is 2168 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't have scales at home so the only time I weigh is at the doctor's office. I saw the doctor on Wednesday. I take off my shoes and empty my pockets (wallet, keys etc.).

But while I was waiting in the lobby I noticed other patients when they weighed just stepped up onto the scales shoes and on.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SimonL

I take off as much as the situational context allows. Gym - naked. Doctor's office - shoes and all pocket contents. Publix supermarket - naked, oh wait, that was just a fantasy ;)

If you’re not or cannot remove your shoes get a pair of Toms. They’re lite as a feather.

FWIW I always carry a boat bag to a doctor’s appointment. The wait can be long even with an appointment. I take along a book, maybe a magazine or newspaper and sometimes my iPad. I’ll hide my wallet, keys, change and cellphone there too while hopping the scale.

If you’re not or cannot remove your shoes get a pair of Toms. They’re lite as a feather

Because of the arthritis in my knees I don't get out often. I had a doctor's appointment on 28 February and then again on 28 March. During the intervening time I only went out twice just to start the car engine so I won't have a dead battery. I'm barefoot inside so when I put my shoes on I thought how heavy they were.

The best idea is to be sure and take a leak, pre-weigh in. Water weighs 8 pounds per gallon.

My grandmother had a diet / weight loss system. Do not eat or drink from Friday evening until Monday morning and one could lose up to ten pounds.

My grandmother had a diet / weight loss system. Do not eat or drink from Friday evening until Monday morning and one could lose up to ten pounds.

Not eating all weekend sounds like a reasonable plan. Going the entire time without fluids seems unhealthful, maybe even unsafe. Fluid depletion would decrease your blood volume, lower your blood pressure, make your blood thicker and more likely to clot.

• 2 months later...