Do You Have a Favorite Strain of 420 You Like?

tanman4u
This topic is 1718 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discovered these cool little devices at the dispensary. They are little vaporizers that are preloaded with extract. You inhale from one end and stop when the thing buzzes, so you get (sort of) a metered dose. They come with different formulations of cannabinoids that are designed to have different effects. "Bliss" does just that - puts you in beautiful frame of mind where nothing worries you. "Passion" puts you in the mood for sex. It works great for fisting. "Sleep" did make me very sleepy, but, at the same time, kept me awake. And there are other blends for pain relief, focus, etc. I think they would be great to take along when you're going to meet a man at a hotel. You don't have to worry about smoking the place up.

Run away to Boston together when I get to DC? Did you know that there’s apps and websites to “acquire weed” in dc? Do you have any recommendations? I’ve been using dreamy and it’s almost 350$ for an ounce. I can get ounces of medical for 150 from providence, so I feel like clawing my eyes out sometimes in DC lol

Try leafedin.org. You get your weed delivered at your door if your address is in dc. I am paying 260 for one ounce, right now I am smoking Platinum OG.

Run away to Boston together when I get to DC? Did you know that there’s apps and websites to “acquire weed” in dc? Do you have any recommendations? I’ve been using dreamy and it’s almost 350$ for an ounce. I can get ounces of medical for 150 from providence, so I feel like clawing my eyes out sometimes in DC lol

I’ve used https://tryhighspeed.com/ in Boston and I know that’s available here in DC as well. I go to a dispensary in DuPont because it is siginificany easier to get a medical recommendation around here these days. Thankfully I’ve also always had friends who “know somebody” if I’m ever in a pinch.

I will say, while the prices aren’t any better, the quality from dispensary bud has been better. :)

I’ve used https://tryhighspeed.com/ in Boston and I know that’s available here in DC as well. I go to a dispensary in DuPont because it is siginificany easier to get a medical recommendation around here these days. Thankfully I’ve also always had friends who “know somebody” if I’m ever in a pinch.

I will say, while the prices aren’t any better, the quality from dispensary bud has been better. :)

Prices in dispensaries are higher because they are taxed. That is why my choice is leafedin.org. I didnnot try them because I found a provider I like, but I have seen the dispensaries offering their product also in leafedin. There is a chance they are selling there out of the record, you should check and compare the prices.

A while back, I was surprised to learn that medical 420 in California could be purchased in a liquid form. It's contained in a small, short, slender cylinder thing that attaches to an e-cigarette device to inhale. It doesn't stink up the house. Now hearing this, I'll have find out if effects can be requested in that form, such as give you energy, make you horny, sink you into the couch, etc..

I use a vape pen and those oil cartridges. It's the same to me as smoking the plant and the effects vary among those you described and more. Just like the plant.

I've been curious about using an e-cigarette. My asthma has progressed to the point where I can barely tolerate second hand smoke, let alone take in even a small toke from a joint, pipe, or a bong. I ended up playing with rough trade in my car a few weeks ago. He insisted on smoking a joint while I worked on him, and it's taken a few rounds of Febreze to kill the "aromatic charm." It's going to take a visit to my pulmonologist to straighten out my breathing. I know I could try edibles, but I was wondering if vaping would be easier/possible to tolerate for an asthmatic.

I'm not sure how it affects asthma, but I have a friend who has bronchitis often and he says vaping doesn't cause it the way smoking the herb does.

• 2 months later...
My asthma has progressed to the point where I can barely tolerate second hand smoke...

Smokers just can’t catch a break. First, we all learned of the obvious dangers of smoking cigarettes and then, not long afterward, the effects of second-hand smoke became a topic of heated debate. Eventually, science won out, demonstrating that second-hand smoke is dangerous to non-smoking individuals nearby. Now, a new study focused on the potential dangers of third-hand smoke has revealed that nasty chemicals and particles from outside of a non-smoking building can find their way inside on the clothing of people coming and going.

Those particles, the study suggests, have a habit of finding their way into the air and circulation systems of large buildings, spreading all around despite nobody inside the building ever lighting up a smoke. This means that “smoke-free” areas aren’t necessarily immune to the effects of smokers, even if everyone is playing by the rules, and the research could impact future smoking restrictions and bans.

“While many public areas have restriction on smoking, including distance from doorways, non-smoking buildings and even full smoking bans on campus for some universities, these smoking limitations often only serve to protect non-smoking populations from exposure to second-hand smoke,” Michael Waring, co-author of the study and associate professor in Drexel’s College of Engineering, explains. “This study shows that third-hand smoke, which we are realizing can be harmful to health as with second-hand smoke, is much more difficult to avoid.”

The study began with an air sample from a non-smoking classroom. The classroom, which has had a ban on smoking for years, was actually filled with chemicals associated with cigarette smoke, and the researchers discovered that nearly one-third of the aerosol mass (the particles floating around in the air that we never notice) was made up of third-hand smoke chemicals.

To help figure out how this could be true, the researchers set up lab experiments in which they tested the transport of third-hand smoke particles. They were able to demonstrate that even after fresh air has circulated through an area, the residue of the smoke remains and those chemicals have the potential to once again become airborne.

“This means that our discovery was by no means unique to that classroom, in fact, it’s likely quite a widespread phenomenon,” Peter DeCarlo of Drexel University says. “What we’d actually uncovered was a new exposure route for third-hand smoke — through aerosol particles, which are ubiquitous in the indoor environment.”

The work, which was published in Science Advances, is an eye-opening look at how even supposedly “clean” indoor environments can still be contaminated by those who pass through. Future research is expected to focus on potential solutions to the problem.

Prices in dispensaries are higher because they are taxed. That is why my choice is leafedin.org. I didnnot try them because I found a provider I like, but I have seen the dispensaries offering their product also in leafedin. There is a chance they are selling there out of the record, you should check and compare the prices.

Yeah prices skyrocketed in California after it was legalized. they’ve taken away large dose edibles and have added packaging which has also raised the rates. Which is a shame because it was basically legal for the past 20 years with a recommendation that was easy to get. Actually there has been a lot of talk about lowering the taxes because a lot people are just going to the black market and there revenue estimates are of by 60 percent in the wrong direction. Even so I believe in firmly in allowing people access to the things that they want It is a tax that I will grin and pay. For convenience I go with a Vape pen and anything indica is my go to.

I am no connoisseur but I had homemade edibles made from agent orange. Upon buying, the seller let me sniff the mason jar where he sold the bud separate from the treats. It smelled of an orange grove! I still haven't had an edible as great as that one! Of course with homemade treats, there is no way to know THC content. Maybe that is the fun it it all.

A 38-year-old man in Florida was killed when his vape pen exploded, sending projectiles into his head and causing a small fire in his house, in what is believed to be one of the first deaths from an e-cigarette explosion.

Tallmadge D'Elia was found May 5 in the burning bedroom of his family's home in St. Petersburg, according to the Tampa Bay Times. An autopsy report released his week blamed a vape pen explosion for his death, according to local news media outlets. The cause of death was listed as "projectile wound of head" - the pen exploded into pieces, at least two of which were sent into his head, the report said - and he suffered burns on about 80 percent of his body.

The "mod"-type pen, distributed by Smok-E Mountain, is manufactured in the Philippines, according to a company Facebook page, the Times reported. The Facebook page is not currently publicly accessible.

I love Sour Diesel and Blue Dream. Those have been widely available in my experience traveling. I'm just now realizing I've been a bud smoker for about 5 years and I've never even looked into which strains were described as being "good" for sex. I will say, I haven't tried too many (if any) that have made sex bad!!

Try Girl Scout cookies but it must have purple in the bud for it to be the true GSC strain

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the vape pens "arouse" and "passion" by dosist... I noticed them in the recreational marijuana store Med Men in West Hollywood. Apparently the formulations are supposed to make you feel aroused and enhance your excitement naturally. They aren't cheap though - I think the small pen retails for $50.

Has anyone tried the vape pens "arouse" and "passion" by dosist... I noticed them in the recreational marijuana store Med Men in West Hollywood. Apparently the formulations are supposed to make you feel aroused and enhance your excitement naturally. They aren't cheap though - I think the small pen retails for $50.

I tried "passion," "bliss" and "sleep." The "sleep" made me very sleepy, but also got me really high, so I coudn't go to sleep. "Passion" definitely did help me really get into sex. "Bliss" also did, but I felt hung over the next day from it.

I tried "passion," "bliss" and "sleep." The "sleep" made me very sleepy, but also got me really high, so I coudn't go to sleep. "Passion" definitely did help me really get into sex. "Bliss" also did, but I felt hung over the next day from it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something that just induces(?) sleep. I do not want to get hold of something that makes me tired but then makes me want to clean my house.

Right now I'm using edible candies ...

300 mg THC plus some CBD. I suck on them like hard candies.

Not too much of a high but with my leukemia it helps with sleep and it has boosted my appetite so I'm no longer losing weight.

My doc is all for it and even gave me an official letter with a gold seal of apptoval.

Right now I'm using edible candies ...

300 mg THC plus some CBD. I suck on them like hard candies.

Not too much of a high but with my leukemia it helps with sleep and it has boosted my appetite so I'm no longer losing weight.

My doc is all for it and even gave me an official letter with a gold seal of apptoval.

One dose is 300 mg THC? Or they dissolve over multiple sessions?

Does anyone have a recommendation for something that just induces(?) sleep. I do not want to get hold of something that makes me tired but then makes me want to clean my house.

Search for strains that are near you. You may have to do some experimentation because I've found different people react differently sometimes.

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring/good-night-sleep

You can also use Leafly to search for various medical effects or other filters.

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring

I've found them to be very reliable. The hard part sometimes is finding strains that I want at nearby dispensaries, but we have some pretty great places in my area, so I'm usually good.

MedMen is the Beverly Hills of the pot World. They generally have good strains. Their prices are about a 1/4 more than most though.

Edited by caliguy