Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

MartyB

I enjoyed most of the first 3 seasons but I am struggling with the 4th. I thought the first two shows this season were really annoying, the next two were pretty good, and the last two seemed to be all over the place. The best about this season is that there are only 2 more shows to watch🥴

11 hours ago, Autumnal said:

I enjoyed most of the first 3 seasons but I am struggling with the 4th. I thought the first two shows this season were really annoying, the next two were pretty good, and the last two seemed to be all over the place. The best about this season is that there are only 2 more shows to watch🥴

For me, Episode Three was the worst. What an insufferable family! And do the actors get a bonus for saying "fuck?" It's way overdone.

Guest MikeThomas
On 3/7/2022 at 8:45 PM, Autumnal said:

Interesting.  I’ve been a faithful viewer, but was on the fence for the first 3 seasons.  Really enjoying the 4th.  Episode 8 with Lenny Bruce was one of the top episodes IMHO.

I think those who weren't raised around a predominantly Jewish community won't totally get this show.  There I said it :)

Seriously...  It reminds me so much of the neighborhoods I grew up in (although I was an Irish catholic), it brings me a sense of comfort watching Maisel.  I get the rhythms of the script.  The line pickups in the show are just terrific.  Sure, there's some stereotype at play, but it's done with so much love that I can't find fault with it.

COVID played hell with this current season, leaving production to stay mostly in the NYC area.  From a design perspective alone, the show is a brilliant snapshot from the past.  The set design for the burlesque joint was incredible.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

• 1 year later...
On 3/6/2022 at 5:31 AM, Lucky said:

I have watched two episodes of Season 4 so far and am struggling to keep watching. The show has gone downhill from Season 1.

I do like Joel.

Season 5 isn't getting much attention here. I have watched 7 episodes and am not sure if I am more annoyed than entertained.

I still find it wordy, witty and intelligent.  It's not a show you only pay half-attention to when watching.

I like how they're wrapping up the story by moving into the future, while also working through her past.  It's an efficient way to resolve everything.  

Amazon continues to spend a mint on this show:  The production value is outstanding.