Abrupt drop in responses to PM's

newatthis
This topic is 1657 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I vaguely recall Daddy and Deej mentioning once that a "time-out" was a very personal action against someone, and their status should remain private. It was kind of demeaning to have "time-out" posted for everyone to see.

I withdraw my question.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8a83b7fc29a2b60ea6b4ecca06fc1c73/tumblr_muzlfd3Bnq1s266z3o1_400.gif

And promise I will not send a PM asking.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This...plus many (rude?) one liner PM questions “will X let you seed him”, “where did you cum when you f’d X”, etc.

...I've gotten several really crude questions over the last 6 months or so. I don't consider myself a prude, but I also don't do crude. If it's someone that I have commented on in the forum, it is someone that I like. If you approach me like he's a piece of meat or some kind of cum receptical, it's unlikely that you're going to hear back.
Oh.... I have (so far) never received a query like those. I have occasionally received a PM that I've ignored (usually from someone who seems to be trying to pick a fight about something I posted publicly).

My question, though, was about whether PM's you send have recently started getting ignored when they hadn't been in the past.

...The only other possibility is that member(s) don't allow PMs...
That happened to me once. My workaround was to email a good friend (whom I met through PM's here, by the way) who I thought knew the member I wanted to contact. He asked permission to pass on the member's email address, which was then sent to me.

Not in the context of this forum, but a similar experience. My parent's neighbor's adult son was out of work, and since he worked in my field, asked if I could help. I emailed him asking about what specifically he did, what he was looking for. After he responded to that, I sent a longer more detailed response about places he might look, things he could stress on his resume, some good networking channels to pursue...and nothing back. I think if he treats prospective employers the same way he might still not be working.

My experience with PMs continues to be positive. There's been a couple times when it's taken a long time for the person to respond, but I know that if they don't log into the site, they won't have read my PM. You can see when they've last logged in by clicking on their avatar (although I think people can disable/block this). My guess is that most will not change their behavior based on that one thread.

• 1 year later...
I vaguely recall Daddy and Deej mentioning once that a "time-out" was a very personal action against someone, and their status should remain private. It was kind of demeaning to have a "time-out" posted for everyone to see.

Occasionally A member whom I know fairly well is quite upset, and sends an email. The worse was being put on time out late on the night before Thanksgiving several years ago.

the ability to PM here in the forum is utterly invaluable!.....have had many very helpful interactions via PMs here that have probably saved me lots of money......and that have also led to fantastic meets (in and out of the bedroom!!) with providers and other forum members which never would've, otherwise, occurred.....

as has already been said, forum members do need to be careful PMing with others with whom they aren't familiar or comfortable......stories of negative press getting back to the offending party -- with resulting anger and embarrassment -- have been mentioned in the forum

and personal attacks via PM are against the rules......

I have long used PM's to get additional information about guys mentioned here. Over the years, I have been directed to some real gems and avoided some bad situations -- and, I hope, have provided the same service to others. Only very rarely have I not received a response to a private query (less than once a year).

In the 10 days since nsguy45 started the thread on the dangers of PM's, 2 PM's I sent have have languished unanswered. I can't help wondering if this is coincidence or a direct effect of nsguy45's warning. Has anyone else experienced this?

I generally don‘t respond to PM’s that say “ hey, tell me about xxx”... or if it is from a poster i do not recognize. No greetings, no introduction or anything. Never sure if it could be a trap or something.

I get a lot of PM’s and respond to all reasonable queries.

Almost all are of the “Tell me about xxx” variety. The level of detail of my response depends on my familiarity with the person asking. The better I know you the more detail I include.

One exception is questions about masseurs. I tend to be a little conservative about what I share about them in the event there are licensing or other sensitivities.

I have gotten a handful of question about specific activities that border on creepy and I don’t respond.

The companion’s stated preference trumps everything. Two weeks ago I met a guy who is in my top-5 all time list who asked I not post a review or anything else about our meeting. I completely respect everyone’s desire for discretion when I know.