"My Pillow"

jjkrkwood
This topic is 1900 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone have any experience ordering these pillows online. I watched them for years and finally caved in today and ordered, but was wondering what to expect, as they are kinda pricey... Usually $159.95 EACH, there was a 2-4-1- special, so figured, OK, why not?

I am very fussy when it comes to pillows, and never really had good luck. I like feather/down ONLY as I always found synthetic made me "sweat"....

Does anyone have these, and if so, spill the tea....

Thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any experience ordering these pillows online. I watched them for years and finally caved in today and ordered, but was wondering what to expect, as they are kinda pricey... Usually $159.95 EACH, there was a 2-4-1- special, so figured, OK, why not?

I am very fussy when it comes to pillows, and never really had good luck. I like feather/down ONLY as I always found synthetic made me "sweat"....

Thanks.

Link?

Thanks.

Bought two, hated the firmesss suggestion their online tool picked for me, returned them within 24 hours of arrival. Slow but honest return process.

Now if you want to talk about Boll & Branch sheets I’m a fan https://www.bollandbranch.com/

Ive seen them for $40 in places like Big Lots.

I know the founder/owner got sued for some advertising practice.... although it seemed like a ticky-tack charge.

I dont know about "mypillow" but I generally try to buy "As Seen on TV" at Bed Bath & Beyond or on Amazon due to easy returns.

Sorry, thought "yinz" would be familiar with ??? Guess you dont watch TV ????? :oops:

DVR, fast-forward through most commercials :p

I remember some radio interview years ago with a TV critic saying "I know this sounds like hyperbole but a DVR will change the way you watch TV completely". (OK, maybe he said "change your life completely" and that was the hyperbole he was apologizing for.) But I rarely watch anything live now, just because I've gotten used to fast-forwarding through commercials. and if I *am* ready to watch something at its actual viewing time, I'll go find something else to do for 20 minutes (like unload the dishwasher) so I can fast-forward.

Ever since down started triggering my asthma, I've used "down alternative" pillows. My favorite is the "Dream Comfort Luxury Down Alternative" from Martha Stewart at Macy's. I buy them when they are on sale for ~$30.

DVR, fast-forward through most commercials :p

... I rarely watch anything live now, just because I've gotten used to fast-forwarding through commercials. and if I *am* ready to watch something at its actual viewing time, I'll go find something else to do for 20 minutes (like unload the dishwasher) so I can fast-forward.

I do exactly that. Eerily so.... even the behavior to delay watching by 20 minutes per hour with other tasks, so that I can FF. As a result, DVRs have had the unexpected result of having a neater and cleaner home, and better maintained garden.

MyPillows are not worth the scratch. They frequently have a 2-for-1 deal and I once went for it.

The biggest positive: They wash well.

The negative? It's the fill they use: It's little, ball-like pieces of fluff. Odd sensation getting used to sleeping on it. They moved to the guest bed in less than a month.

I found success with Casper pillows. They are fantastic:

https://casper.com/pillows/

I'm into the Tempur Pedic pillows. I have neck problems (too many BJs???) and hotel pillows don't do it for me at ALL, so I actually lug one around the country with me when I'm touring even tho it's heavy as fuck...

Funny how we get attached to our "pillows". I like a light, fluffy pillow, but they usually go flat pretty quickly. I am hoping the My Pillow has greater longevity ? (BTW, there can never be too many BJ's, :p)

• 2 weeks later...

So my MY Pillows arrived.... WTF, 2 pillows were stuffed into an 8 x 11 plastic bag.... Opening the bag, I find the pillows are "vacumm sealed", and a note saying "place in dryer for 14 minutes before first use"...

Is this a joke ? I havent done the dryer thing yet, but they feel a bit "LUMPY"..... Hope I didnt just waste $100, cause its too much trouble to re-pack them to send back.... OY !!!!