Mail order husband.

haring222
This topic is 2094 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Three years ago (during a particularly harrowing holiday season) I gave myself the goal of being happily hitched by 2018.

Yep, well, that one crept up on me.

Needing a fun distraction in my life leads me to ask...you hear about the proverbial mail order bride, but does the same thing exist for gay guys? Ideally I would find a cute Canadian or English guy to hitch up with and exchange citizenship with, but I think I could be pretty happy with a sweet guy wanting to live in the US and take me along with the package deal :-)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three years ago (during a particularly harrowing holiday season) I gave myself the goal of being happily hitched by 2018.

Needing a fun distraction in my life leads me to ask...you hear about the proverbial mail order bride, but does the same thing exist for gay guys? Ideally I would find a cute Canadian or English guy to hitch up with and exchange citizenship with, but I think I could be pretty happy with a sweet guy wanting to live in the US and take me along with the package deal :)

If you find info or an Agency id explote

• 2 months later...

New to the site here..

I saw this post and I do know a couple who did this about 23yrs back. However it was a Canadian lesbian who married an American gay man. They met here in Toronto in the gaybourhood at a club. They worked out the arrangements of both compensations and living arraignments. After the initial immigration "pretend marriage" hastles of his cothes at her place and the running back and forth between the two houses. He is still with his Canadian lover. Both have had duel citizenship now for years. And surprisingly still married to each other where they say it's the best committed non marriage a marriage could be lol.

It's something that I would definitely do it the right person.

Needing a fun distraction in my life leads me to ask...you hear about the proverbial mail order bride, but does the same thing exist for gay guys? Ideally I would find a cute Canadian or English guy to hitch up with and exchange citizenship with, but I think I could be pretty happy with a sweet guy wanting to live in the US and take me along with the package deal :)

The green card interviews are pretty rigorous these days. In particular, anyone who has ever worked in the sex trade would have a very hard time getting in.

Why would a Canadian or a Brit want to marry to go to the USA? Even tourism is down.

Over the next three years, you might have a better chance marrying to get out of the USA? (I know I'm not being helpful ...)

Edited by P Gren

Why would a Canadian or a Brit want to marry to go to the USA? Even tourism is down.

Over the next three years, you might have a better chance marrying to get out of the USA? (I know I'm being unhelpfully sarcastic ...)

Why unhelpful? I have been asking around for that very thing. My niece and her German boyfriend were here for Xmas and I asked them to find out about citizenship for US citizens if the US guy married a German (not her boyfriend). I emphasized I would bring money into the country and have a steady income. I also asked my 2nd cousin who lives in Ecuador. It is consistently rated the best place to retire to, has a stable government, and I am sure there must be a guy that would like to marry an American citizen if he didn't have to come live here. Otherwise it might be nice to check out some other countries like India or Indonesia. Depends on your tastes I suppose and mine are pretty wide.

So, I found one website (it took some digging) that is kind of doing the same thing for gay guys. Called hand in hand, it seemed legit...and form first hand experience, the guys in CZ are just lovely creatures. I send them a note of inquiry, they sent a response that ended up in my junk mail folder and there was a day or two delay before I noticed it...and then a barrage of mean spirited / horrible notes from them followed. In some ways I had to laugh, because insults written by someone who has english as a second language are kind of awesome....but whoever it is running this agency is not a nice person.

http://www.gay-man-introductions.com/finding_czech.htm

So, I found one website (it took some digging) that is kind of doing the same thing for gay guys. Called hand in hand, it seemed legit...and form first hand experience, the guys in CZ are just lovely creatures. I send them a note of inquiry, they sent a response that ended up in my junk mail folder and there was a day or two delay before I noticed it...and then a barrage of mean spirited / horrible notes from them followed. In some ways I had to laugh, because insults written by someone who has english as a second language are kind of awesome....but whoever it is running this agency is not a nice person. http://www.gay-man-introductions.com/finding_czech.htm

What was he being mean spirited about? It would seem obvious what your intent was if you were contacting the site. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to insult gay/bi people.

I send them a note of inquiry, they sent a response that ended up in my junk mail folder and there was a day or two delay before I noticed it...and then a barrage of mean spirited / horrible notes from them followed.

Just because you were tardy reading their email, they puked all over you?? Rude.