PALM SPRINGS WEEKEND 2018

Epigonos
This topic is 2247 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm soooo looking forward to this!! I was originally coming in on Thursday, April 12 and leaving Tuesday, April 17 but I've extended my trip to Saturday, April 21. I just booked my flights (yes, on Delta - the cheapest option was to fly to PSP instead of LAX/ONT, and it was cheaper by $100 than JetBlue, with better flight times). I arrive in PSP on Thursday around 4. I will have a car and am staying at INNdulge. If you arrive at the airport around the same time, I'm happy to cart your butt to your hotel. I'm also happy to offer rides as I'm able.

The last time I posted about my plans on this thread, I told you my schedule was full from the 12th to the 17th. My choice to extend my trip was mostly because I used to live in PS and will want to see some friends and enjoy the weather (and the continuing celebration of my 40th bday). My schedule remains full until the 17th, but I'm happy to accept appointments during the rest of my stay, albeit on a limited basis. If you'd like to plan some time with me, please feel free to contact me!

• 2 weeks later...

March 10, 2018

Well, here's the sad news. I have been putting off writing this email out of denial I suppose.

I will not be able to attend the Palm Springs Weekend next month--an event I have been looking forward to for a year. I am sorely disappointed.

I am in a situation that involves a will in probate (think Jarndyce v. Jarndyce) that has been pending for 2 years!!! There is an issue regarding 2 warring Presbyterian churches--trust me you do not want to know--which are holding up the whole damn thing.

Upshot is, I cannot commit to travel expenditures at this time.

My best regards to all.

I will address some of you with whom I had made arrangements individually.

Best regards.

David (Despardo)

March 10, 2018

Well, here's the sad news. I have been putting off writing this email out of denial I suppose.

I will not be able to attend the Palm Springs Weekend next month--an event I have been looking forward to for a year. I am sorely disappointed.

I am in a situation that involves a will in probate (think Jarndyce v. Jarndyce) that has been pending for 2 years!!! There is an issue regarding 2 warring Presbyterian churches--trust me you do not want to know--which are holding up the whole damn thing.

My best regards to all.

Best regards.

David (Despardo)

David, I missed this event two years ago when I wound up in the intensive care unit. I was really pissed and in retrospect, I wish I had foregone the heart procedure and come to the party. The heart procedure could have waited, I suppose, and the party is only once a year. So without putting undo pressure on you, figure it out. Where there's a will (even a contested one), there's a way to Palm Springs.

March 10, 2018

My best regards to all.

Best regards.

David (Despardo)

I'm sorry to hear you can't make it; I was looking forward to seeing you. Hope to see you there next year!

Rob

March 10, 2018

David (Despardo)

:(:(:(

I was asked in a PM what PS weekend is like and I decided that this song kind of sets the tone. Dolly Parton, fabulous dresses, some young hot guys and there is nothing dirty going on.

It sort of reminded of me of what you will see Ms. Oliver telling everyone as they arrive on Friday and head to their respective place of weekend residence.

(Actually I believe I may have seen Stormy Daniels in the touring version of this musical.)

I am sure you have been receiving MANY request about bookings... I am a 24/7/365/resident of Palm Springs... so ... as exciting as it will be to meet you here...we can discuss a private time after the weekend...safe travels...Uncle jack

My schedule is actually pretty open. I'm dure it may be a "frenzie" closer to the date or when people arrive.

I do not want to make early plans, because I want to land in PS open to whatever (and whoever) shows up, but I hope to have a little piece of @VictorPowers. My dear friend @OliverSaks gave me a wonderful idea for my blog. A series of video interviews where I am eating the interviewee ass while he responds my questions. I would love Victor to be the one launching the series.

I do not want to make early plans, because I want to land in PS open to whatever (and whoever) shows up, but I hope to have a little piece of @VictorPowers. My dear friend @OliverSaks gave me a wonderful idea for my blog. A series of video interviews where I am eating the interviewee ass while he responds my questions. I would love Victor to be the one launching the series.

What is the name of the series? Speaking Out of Your Ass / Anally Speaking /

Ass King Questions / Facing Facts / Stop Lick and Listen/

About Face / Nosey Nosing / Story Tailing /

Speaking In Tongues / Tales from the Lipped

Edited by purplekow