PALM SPRINGS WEEKEND 2018

Epigonos
This topic is 2220 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So just to pull my intentionally sexy rhetoric back a little bit I will now be very literal and say this.

While everything I described above (except for Chris Eisenhower having sex in a closet) actually did happen, this is not a sex party.

It is a party at which sex has occurred, at the margin. It is not the focal point.

If there is something that I would describe as the emotional center of this weekend, for me, it is a sense of community and openness and warmth. What I cherish about it is the intimacy and friendship shared with many people - some of whom I know very well, and some of whom I see only rarely but have an abiding affection for. That's it.

Everything else is what you bring, and what you seek.

Edited by stevenkesslar

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to pull my intentionally sexy rhetoric back a little bit I will now be very literal and say this.

If there is something that I would describe as the emotional center of this weekend, for me, it is a sense of community and openness and warmth. What I cherish about it the intimacy and friendship shared with many people - some of whom I know very well, and some of whom I see only rarely but have an abiding affection for. That's it.

^ This sums it up beautifully for me. Doesn't matter if you're fat or skinny, young or old, gorgeous or homely, you will feel accepted and loved. :)

^ This sums it up beautifully for me. Doesn't matter if you're fat or skinny, young or old, gorgeous or homely, you will feel accepted and loved. :)

Unless you try to hog Epigonos's bacon-wrapped dates, which I love.

Then you will have me to fuck with, and you better watch out.

I'm not a deviled eggs guy, so you are fine hoarding them.

Unless you try to hog Epigonos's bacon-wrapped dates, which I love.

Then you will have me to fuck with, and you better watch out.

I'm not a deviled eggs guy, so you are fine hoarding them.

Wait, all I have to do is eat some bacon-wrapped dates and I can fuck you? Ummmm, win-win?

;)

Edited by LoveNDino

Wait, all I have to do is eat some bacon-wrapped dates and I can fuck you? Ummmm, win-win?

;)

Stop it! That's a crass thing to say about a party that is mostly about just enjoying each other's company.

I mean, if you want to do that, may I kindly suggest you get a room?

We're back on track. ;)

(P.S. Don't forget to leave the curtains open. Others might want to watch). :rolleyes:

I'd be stoned - not with herb, but - with the locally available Palm Springs boulders.

No shit? Stoned? Boulders?

Well, aren't you the lucky one.

http://www.gaytime.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mitchell-rock-rafael-carreras-3.jpg

P.S. If you do come to the party, be sure to bring Mitchell along.

(Not that anybody would want to play with him or anything. I just heard he is a very community-oriented sort of gentleman. You know. Erudite.)

Okay, so back to business. What kind of dressing are we putting on the salad? ;)

Do you guys tell each other your real names during these meet-ups, or do you answer to your user-names from here? o_O (because that would be kind of weird.. to me)

Ewwwwwwwwwww Good Question ---- Or Do some of use nom-d'plumes?

Nice to Meet You Anthony Weiner and You former Senator Larry Craig. Senator Marco Rubio will

you be part of the Drag Show this Year?

http://www.gaytime.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mitchell-rock-rafael-carreras-3.jpg

(Not that anybody would want to play with him or anything. I just heard he is a very community-oriented sort of gentleman. You know. Erudite.)

Okay, so back to business. What kind of dressing are we putting on the salad? ;)

I love Mitchell Rock! I saw him in Palm Springs once, in the Ralphs at Ramon and Sunrise. He's just as hot in person, if not more so.

Rob

I love Mitchell Rock! I saw him in Palm Springs once, in the Ralphs at Ramon and Sunrise. He's just as hot in person, if not more so.

Yes, I saw him once, too, at a furniture store in Palm Springs. I was looking for a sofa.

Too bad I couldn't bring him home. He would have been perfect to sit on. :rolleyes:

But really, what warms my heart at the pool party is just to sit around clothed and talk to everybody. That's all. Really. I never think about naked men or anything.

Robster is usually the one who takes his clothes off and jumps in the pool. I mean, some people just have no manners. :p

Okay, back to work.

I'd be stoned - not with herb, but - with the locally available Palm Springs boulders.

JD is that you?

I'm assuming Good Grief won't get the reference, PK. We can tell by how short his posts are that Good Grief couldn't possibly be who you think it is.

What I'm reading into being "stoned" by boulders is the issue may be about not being "out," or not being comfortable in an "out" environment.

In any case, it's worth noting that several of the people who come to the party are actually married - to women. It is everything from guys who are attracted to men but married to women, to single guys, to guys who are attracted to guys and married to men.

I was once married to a woman myself. When I first started going to Gay bars and said I was "bi" other (younger) Gay men looked at me like a confused freak.

This is about the most warm, welcoming, and accepting group of men I have ever met. I personally know several married or not "out" men who felt uncomfortable about the idea of attending this event, and after they decided to come just loved it.

I was hoping there'd be tossed salad.

I'm assuming Good Grief won't get the reference, PK. We can tell by how short his posts are that Good Grief couldn't possibly be who you think it is.

What I'm reading into being "stoned" by boulders is the issue may be about not being "out," or not being comfortable in an "out" environment.

In any case, it's worth noting that several of the people who come to the party are actually married - to women. It is everything from guys who are attracted to men but married to women, to single guys, to guys who are attracted to guys and married to men.

I was once married to a woman myself. When I first started going to Gay bars and said I was "bi" other (younger) Gay men looked at me like a confused freak.

This is about the most warm, welcoming, and accepting group of men I have ever met. I personally know several married or not "out" men who felt uncomfortable about the idea of attending this event, and after they decided to come just loved it.

You are right @stevenkesslar , I have no idea to whom @purplekow is referring.

My fear of stoning with boulders or even pebbles is due to my penchant for posting, worthwhile (in my opinion, excellent) gifs or otherwise text. My postings certainly can be bitchy - I have had ex-wife training.

I've not been the most friendly boy to other members.

Just scared I'll get my brains bashed-in or eyes gouged out.

giphy.gif