Excellent Covers

LoveNDino

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
If Cher liked it enough to have given it a standing ovation, then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgJSid_2xG0

WOW! All the promise of his youthful skill with a song is in abundance here! Yes, Cher was visibly moved by Mr. Lambert’s very introspective interpretation of this. Yes, we ALL believe in love after love! ❤️ I just love the way he took his earphone off halfway through!

• 5 weeks later...

When I was a kid, my pool club would occasionally have movie nights. Somebody at the club had connections, and I saw THE GRADUATE & THE FRENCH CONNECTION there I'd guess pre-1974. Also Mel Brooks' THE 12 CHAIRS.

ANYHOO... Whilst Benjamin was driving and Scarborough Fair was playing, my friend leaned over to me and asked 'Are they singing Are You Going To Start An Affair?' I cracked up, but given the storyline at that point in the movie, it kinda made sense.

I've never been able to sing it any other way since.

Original - Come What May, Moulin Rouge

Cover from The King of Masked Singer, MBC, South Korea

The male singer (van Gogh) lost and was revealed to be Rockhyun from 100%. I believe the female singer (Klimt) is Heana of Matilda.

Anyway, this is what the precursor of which Fox's The Mask Singer is an authorized copy is like.

• 3 weeks later...

Setting suns before they fall, echo to you that's all that's all

But you'll see lonely sunset after all

It's over it's over it's over it's over

Original was by Roy Orbison.

Edited by E.T.Bass

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue," originally written by Bob Dylan. I always liked the version by Them the best. Recently discovered this cover by Marianne Faithfull, and I adore it.

Bob Dylan (songwriter)

Them

Marianne Faithfull

Edited by Mo Mason

During Tuesday night’s season premiere of “America’s Got Talent,” the show’s new judge Gabrielle Union used her very first “Golden Buzzer” to put contestant Kodi Lee on the talent show fast track.

The 22-year-old singer, who is blind and autistic, knocked the judges out.

“@Kodileerocks I am honored to have you as my #GoldenBuzzer #AGTPremiere,” hyped Union from her Twitter page.

During auditions, each judge gets one Golden Buzzer, which has the power to override judges’ votes and send an act straight to the live competition shows near the end of the season.

Lee was helped onto the stage by his mother, Tina Lee. “We found out that he loved music early on,” Tina tells judges Union, Simon Cowell, Julianne Hough and Howie Mandel. “He listened and his eyes just went huge.”

Upon hearing Kodi sing as a child, Tina says that’s when she realized he was meant to be a performer. “Through music and performing, he was able to withstand living in this world,” she adds. “It actually has saved his life.”

“I’m ready,” Lee tells the judges before wowing them by playing the piano and singing “A Song for You,” written by Leon Russell and made famous by Donny Hathaway, then covered by the likes of Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Amy Winehouse. How the @#*! can they leave out Karen Carpenter?

Judges and the live audience looked on in tears as Lee belted out his soulful rendition. Enraptured as they were, it’s clear Lee would not have needed Union’s lifeline to advance — though it did make for a joyous moment for Lee and his mom.

“Not only do we feel the authenticity, but you’re a great inspiration,” starts Mandel.

“I know everybody needs a voice,” adds Hough. “Your heart, your passion, your voice blew all of us away. I just want to say I heard you and I felt you and it was beautiful.”

“To watch what happened there was extraordinary, really extraordinary,” says Cowell, adding, “I will remember this moment for the rest of my life.”

The voting round ended with Union. From one mom to another, she tells Tina and Kodi, “You just want to give your kids the moon, the stars and rainbows.”

“And tonight, I’m going to give you something special,” she says as she hits her Golden Buzzer.

Lee’s already a fan favorite, with even celebs taking to social media to praise the remarkable performer. “Loved this moment so much! Stood up and cheered in my living room. #KodiLee #AmericasGotTalent,” wrote Oprah on Twitter.

“Sometimes I find American TV cheesy, this however is one of the most beautiful bits of TV I think I’ve ever seen. Kodi you are incredible and your lovely mum looked so incredibly proud. Loads of love,” tweeted One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson.

“Omg! What a beautiful moment. Reminds us that we are all Perfectly Designed,” added “Queer Eye” host Karamo Brown.

• 3 weeks later...
Excellent new documentary about music coming out of LA in the 60's called ECHO IN THE CANYON. The soundtrack consists of Jakob Dylan singing great cover versions from that era, all in duet with other cool artists. Worth checking out...

I love Pet Sounds. I'd read John Lennon drew inspiration for Sgt Peppers from visiting / listening to the Beach Boys.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...