Rent.men blocked by security software

sync
This topic is 2523 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a blocking of the Rent.men site by their computer's malware security software. This just started for me this afternoon. Oddly, there is no problem accessing the Rentmen.com site.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a blocking of the Rent.men site by their computer's malware security software. This just started for me this afternoon. Oddly, there is no problem accessing the Rentmen.com site.

My malware software has been blocking Rent.men for about 2 weeks now. Rentmen.com is fine.

No problems here. Smarter people than I are going to ask which OS and browser you're using.

Kevin Slater

My malware software has been blocking Rent.men for about 2 weeks now. Rentmen.com is fine.

Good Point, Kevin. I'm using Firefox with Windows 10. Good Grief, thank you for your confirmation.

You can always add an exception to your system's Malware software. There are several out there so stating which one you are using will be very helpful.

I'm using Malwarebytes Premium. Because the blocking of Rent.men began only today, I'm not comfortable bypassing the warning.

It could be getting flagged automatically because the name is so similar to the other much more popular one. Since a typical malware scam is to register domain names that are one character off from a popular one to randomly capture people making typos. Like say "facrbook" instead of "facebook", so they lure in people and then mirror the "real" page and get people to give up their login info.

You're not worried that malware could invade your system?

More than once, my malware program blocked shop.nordstrom.com. Yes, Nordstrom. When I accessed the site from a different computer there was no malware warning.

Another false malware warning came when I attempted to access my employer's public website from my work computer. Personal computer was fine. Called information security and they were like "oh, shit - not again. Thanks" Problem was resolved within hours.

Archived