Randomly insatiable

mapsdr
This topic is 2671 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm in decent shape, happy with life, recently turned 50, all is decent.

But every month or two, I find that no matter how many times I get off, I still want more. Usually lasts for a few to several days and then subsides. I don't let it get in the way of work or social life, but it's not easy. I used to think it was because I was "handling things" myself. But even when I partner up, it's the same - sometimes actually makes me want even more. Working off my energy at the gym can become a total distraction since sweat, gear, etc. work me up even more.

After days (or a week), this pent up steam wears off and I go for a month or longer without getting off more than once or twice a week. I realize this must be how I'm built but wondered if others have these massive highs and lows. Or how you break through when it seems like you might never be satiated?

I'm in decent shape, happy with life, recently turned 50, all is decent.

But every month or two, I find that no matter how many times I get off, I still want more. Usually lasts for a few to several days and then subsides. I don't let it get in the way of work or social life, but it's not easy. I used to think it was because I was "handling things" myself. But even when I partner up, it's the same - sometimes actually makes me want even more. Working off my energy at the gym can become a total distraction since sweat, gear, etc. work me up even more.

After days (or a week), this pent up steam wears off and I go for a month or longer without getting off more than once or twice a week. I realize this must be how I'm built but wondered if others have these massive highs and lows. Or how you break through when it seems like you might never be satiated?

Enjoy it while you can!!!

I'm with N13, I'm not seeing a problem...only the one I wish I had. :p

I'm with N13, I'm not seeing a problem...only the one I wish I had. :p

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I get it - be happy with what I have cuz it won't last forever.

Just frustrated I don't have that "wow that was great, now move on with your day" feeling. Instead it feels more like an unfulfilling chunk of time wasted.

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I get it - be happy with what I have cuz it won't last forever.

Just frustrated I don't have that "wow that was great, now move on with your day" feeling. Instead it feels more like an unfulfilling chunk of time wasted.

You could go and see an endocrinologist in case your hormones are out of whack. But otherwise enjoy it.

Any other behaviors happen around these times of insatiability?

Spending sprees?

Overeating?

Decreased need for sleep?

Trouble concentrating?

Starting new projects?

Impulsivity?

No on most of those, but a big yes on "trouble concentrating" - I get off and still can't focus.

Any other behaviors happen around these times of insatiability?

Spending sprees?

Overeating?

Decreased need for sleep?

Trouble concentrating?

Starting new projects?

Impulsivity?

Excellent questions.

And now for a musical interlude.....

Give me a call some time at 3 AM and I'll make sure "wow that was great" and also make sure it was not "an unfulfilling chunk of time wasted"!

After all, I'm Funguy!

I used to have the same experience. The more I had, the more I seemed to want. Then there would be a lull during which I no longer felt driven, before the next time. It was sort of like eating potato chips: I couldn't get enough, until I got sick of it. I think it may be hormonal, because it never happens to me anymore.

I used to have the same experience. The more I had, the more I seemed to want. Then there would be a lull during which I no longer felt driven, before the next time. It was sort of like eating potato chips: I couldn't get enough, until I got sick of it. I think it may be hormonal, because it never happens to me anymore.

Thanks, that's exactly it - I stop liking the potato chips at some point but by then I'm disgusted with myself!

I have a similar problem but mine is at night. I am consistently awoken in the middle of a sound sleep hard and stroking. Generally I then have to continue and finish the act, either through imagination or by visuals I have to get up and turn on. I know that it seems but it is really sleep disturbing. And that of course affects the next day. Not sure why it happens particularly as I am not young.

I used to think it was because I was "handling things" myself. But even when I partner up, it's the same - sometimes actually makes me want even more

I used to go through similar cycles with similar "symptoms." A constant craving that couldn't be put to rest by taking care of business myself and was often made worse by an unsatisfactory hookup. I figured out, that for me, I was chasing an orgasm when what I was really craving (@nycman look away. This is some really girly shit about to spew out. :)) was intimacy. I was craving kissing and other oral action.

My dating and hookups, while still occurring, haven't been great the last couple years. Luckily, there are two pros (used to be only one) that I can call to quench that thirst. As long as I see one of them every 3 or 4 weeks, all of my rhythms, whether they are hormonal or emotional or whatever, stay level. It keeps me from getting serious chafing. :eek:

I used to go through similar cycles with similar "symptoms." A constant craving that couldn't be put to rest by taking care of business myself and was often made worse by an unsatisfactory hookup. I figured out, that for me, I was chasing an orgasm when what I was really craving (@nycman look away. This is some really girly shit about to spew out. :)) was intimacy. I was craving kissing and other oral action.

My dating and hookups, while still occurring, haven't been great the last couple years. Luckily, there are two pros (used to be only one) that I can call to quench that thirst. As long as I see one of them every 3 or 4 weeks, all of my rhythms, whether they are hormonal or emotional or whatever, stay level. It keeps me from getting serious chafing. :eek:

Hmm and wow, I need to digest that and think through with a clear mind. Thanks for giving me that insight to chew on. I appreciate it.

Well said @MikeyGMin. I agree. @mapsdr, something remains unfulfilled. It may be the physical intimacy described above as "really girly shit." Or it may be something else. For example, do you have friends? The kind of close "you can tell them anything" or "they'd help you hide a body" kind of friends? One true friend is enough. It could be that kind of intimacy that's missing. Another possibility, have you ever wanted kids or a family? Or had them and miss them? Sex frequently gets jumbled together in men's minds with those feelings and desires. There are other possibilities, but these should give you an idea of the self-reflection you need to do to understand what's happening when you have a "craving" and how you're feeling and responding.

I'm disgusted with myself!

Don't be so hard on yourself. We are social primates. The vast majority of us require certain minimal amounts of social interaction and physical / emotional intimacy to remain productive, stable, and healthy (psychologically and physiologically). If you truly do feel disgust toward yourself after a "craving," please seek professional mental health help. There are possibly some deep-seated issues you'll need help discovering and resolving.

This interests me because it illustrates how much we all can differ, and how we can't really understand each other's experiences. I nearly always "want more" after orgasm once a minute or two of afterglow passes, and always did. Whether with a woman, a man, or alone, the only things that ever have kept me from going for more are time constraints, physical exhaustion, or my partner's preference. I assumed all men were like that and always wanted more. Now, one orgasm is not unsatisfying, nor does it feel like a waste of time, but if I can, I'll go for another. My wife and I were very sexually active, and now I masturbate a lot besides my occasional hires. But that's the way I've always been, and never thought about it particularly.

I know this is different than the craving for intimacy and contact-- related to it, but different. When I want that kind of touch and contact, I hire someone for now.

I find that my level of horniness is very cyclical. I've never really tracked it to see if it's a monthly thing but I just notice that there's weeks where I'm ready to "get off" almost daily and then I'll go for a week or so when it just doesn't seem that important. I'm older than the OP BTW not that it matters but there's times I think I'm hornier now than I was in college but it could be that all that carving my class notes into slate back then just wore out my jerking off hand.

I'm also a guy who's normal motto is "when I cum I'm done". A guy's gotta be nuclear hot for me to be interested to continue beyond cumming. I've told many hirees (is that a word?) that I'll probably be asleep before you're in the hotel parking lot.

I think there's something to the wanting intimacy/contact more than the sex. I actually found when I was playing rugby that my drive for actual sex plummeted. I figured I was getting something primal out of all the physical contact of playing. And I think that's a big part of why so many people who play it get hooked on the sport.

I think there's something to the wanting intimacy/contact more than the sex. I actually found when I was playing rugby that my drive for actual sex plummeted. I figured I was getting something primal out of all the physical contact of playing. And I think that's a big part of why so many people who play it get hooked on the sport.

That's my current state. I have to be connected spiritually and physically … I think emotionally is in there too.

A side effect is that I'm actually responding to physical sex better. And that's great.

Archived