Shitty June

seaboy4hire
This topic is 2880 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@seaboy4hire: I suck at these moments. I wish I knew what to say, so I'm just gonna express what I feel. I feel in awe of your strength, humor, and resilience. I also feel it is very ok to be scared and if you need to melt down, do so...it may help renew that strength within. I also feel appreciative of the folks who take time to share and support.

@LADoug1 - I'm also feeling and thinking about ya , bud.

I wish there was more I could do or say, and if there is, I'm only a PM away.

Seaboy, I, too, admire your spirit, your sense of humor, and your ability to see the positive side. I hope you'll post and share what's going on when you feel like doing that.

LADoug, I'm sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with that too. My thoughts are with you, both of you.

Everyone, thank you for the kind words of encouragement to @LADoug1 and myself. I have an idea. When Doug and I both have kicked cancers ass we need to have a forum meetup and celebrate such an awesome occasion and to remember those who weren't as fortunate.

Hugs,

Greg

I second that fantastic idea!!

I have an idea. When Doug and I both have kicked cancers ass we need to have a forum meetup and celebrate such an awesome occasion and to remember those who weren't as fortunate.

I second that fantastic idea!!

And I promise to buy the first round of drinks. I better start a celebration fund! http://www.diebenow.com/sites/default/files/Welcome-To-New-Years-Eve-Champagne-Cork-Uncorked-Pop.gif

I just noticed this thread and I echo the good thoughts to both @seaboy4hire and @LADoug1. All I can say is have a positive attitude. It is better than any chemo out there! My dad was diagnosed with lymphoma in 1973. He passed in 2011 a few days shy of being 90! Plus remember the types of treatment that they had back then were not as effective as what is available today. To add insult to injury he had other health issues and that included other types of cancer along the way. Plus, he was legally blind.

However, he had a tremendously optimistic outlook on life. That is what I say really helped him overcome any obstacles!

So here's to that celebration!!!

San_Diego_Fireworks.jpg

one thing i did not mention above, as a physician I implore you to follow your physician's instructions and also do NOT forget that, during whatever treatment you undergo, good nutrition will be paramount in order that your bodies be able to withstand chemo and/or radiation.

Remember that the perimeter of the market is where all the good stuff is; the center is where the bad stuff resides!

one thing i did not mention above, as a physician I implore you to follow your physician's instructions and also do NOT forget that, during whatever treatment you undergo, good nutrition will be paramount in order that your bodies be able to withstand chemo and/or radiation.

Remember that the perimeter of the market is where all the good stuff is; the center is where the bad stuff resides!

Exactly. I only go down the aisles for my herbs and ice cream for the most part. I am guilty of gettingfrozen veggies though which is in the aisle lol.

Hugs,

Greg

I'm sorry about your cancer, and I'm sure a large, moving, visible, sudden lump makes it even more upsetting. Please let us know what you learn and sending good thoughts your way.

I has the B cell lymphoma cancer. The Dr said it's very aggressive so we are doing a pet scan tomorrow to see if it has hit any other parts. If things go well I will be starting chemo next week. It'll be one full week of chemo and three weeks off for the next 4 or so months. I'll be hooked up to a pick for the time being on my chest I think. Tres sexy! Lol My general blood work from my primary came out good from last week. I'm very positive about what I learned today and the Dr was very positive and super nice.

Hugs,

Greg

I has the B cell lymphoma cancer. The Dr said it's very aggressive so we are doing a pet scan tomorrow to see if it has hit any other parts. If things go well I will be starting chemo next week. It'll be one full week of chemo and three weeks off for the next 4 or so months. I'll be hooked up to a pick for the time being on my chest I think. Tres sexy! Lol My general blood work from my primary came out good from last week. I'm very positive about what I learned today and the Dr was very positive and super nice.

Hugs,

Greg

Cancer treatments, from what I've seen and heard, can be tough but oftentimes very successful. Pulling for you.

Cancer treatments, from what I've seen and heard, can be tough but oftentimes very successful. Pulling for you.

I'm not expecting this to be any walk in the park or holiday. The Dr strongly suggested I take the week I am to have chemo off. Unfortunately I enjoy eating and having a place to live so Imma try to pullup my big girl panties, build a rainbow bridge and ride my psychedelic unicorn and get over it. But if I need to leave early or adjust my work sched my boss will work with me and do what she can. She's like a mom too me. A tough Bosnian mom, hard on the outside but a big softie on the inside. Fri I have to get a bone marrow thing done. The Dr said I might have a lil pain and might hurt to walk around. My boss offered to pick me up from the hospital and take me home if I needed help. How awesome is that?

Hugs,

Greg

I'm not expecting this to be any walk in the park or holiday. The Dr strongly suggested I take the week I am to have chemo off. Unfortunately I enjoy eating and having a place to live so Imma try to pullup my big girl panties, build a rainbow bridge and ride my psychedelic unicorn and get over it. But if I need to leave early or adjust my work sched my boss will work with me and do what she can. She's like a mom too me. A tough Bosnian mom, hard on the outside but a big softie on the inside. Fri I have to get a bone marrow thing done. The Dr said I might have a lil pain and might hurt to walk around. My boss offered to pick me up from the hospital and take me home if I needed help. How awesome is that?

Hugs,

Greg

That's pretty awesome.

Wish I lived closer so I could help out.

This def. has been a shitty June. It's like for fucks sake...can we get a fucking break?

But back to you:

full_size.jpg

Also...June is a great time to plant stuff and be around nature:

http://i.123g.us/c/gen_getwell/card/101594.gif

Yeah, but just thinking about the possibilities of what might have been should help you get through your treatments with a smile on your face! ;)

8d0a37b31da83a2800c6bf12172592d6.jpg

675878e53f24dd78da723fd72130ca28.jpg

LOL mmmm yummy! I have a good friend that recently went through boot camp for the navy and I'm sure he looks very nice in his uniform.

Hugs,

Greg

Kick ass Greg-- think of your first 3 months in the Navy! Keep us posted so we can keep the good vibes coming. You are in our hearts...

Kipp

I was never in the military lol

Hugs,

Greg

The proverbial Light bulb just flashed in my brain! Kippy took the SEAboy moniker as a reference to Greg being in the Navy when those of us who have been here for a while know that it references his time in Seattle!

http://image.hdstockphoto.com/pics/premium/thumbs/149/light-bulb-cartoon-character-with-a-bright-idea_149101337.jpg

Archived