Shitty June

seaboy4hire
This topic is 2879 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To both Seaboy and LADoug, I wish you all the best. I hope both of you have a strong support network to lean on. No matter how good your doctors and how cutting-edge the treatments, I can't imagine anyone beats cancer without lots and lots of love and support. To whatever degree people on an Internet message board can be there for you, I hope you reach out to us whenever you need.

Greg, I am sorry to hear that you are facing a serious medical challenge. When I used to provide therapy to persons facing existential medical situations I would tell them that 70% of things that we worry about never happen. Another 20% of the things that we worry about are beyond our control (this is Serenity Prayer area where we turn it over to the "Boss"). And then there is the final 10% of our lives that we actually control. Greg, I have a healthy fear of disease and the frailties of the human body; but I have an even stronger belief that, in the end, we are ALL in the hands of a loving God.

Be assured of of my prayers, Greg. And, if there is anything I can do for, you, please let me know.

Today I got the results from my pet scan. There is something going on with my left leg. I've never broken a bone or had surgeries in the thigh area. The dr thinks that the cancer is on the move. She cant be sure without a biopsy. So she gave me two options, biopsy or wait and see. I'm opting for the wait and see. IF it is cancerous the chemo will kill it I'm sure and that'd save me from having to do another test. I'm kinda done with tests and being poked at. I'mnot bummed about the object most likely being cancer. It's just a wee bump and I'll get through it.

Hugs,

Greg

Well you and Doug are fairly close. It might be a lil warm but chicken soup with matza balls in it would be a nice cheer up.

Hugs,

Greg

Anything for my Greggy, but the fucking teleporter is broken. here is the best I can do... Sweet kiss. -TR

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d6/92/59/d692599ffb95af57fc30898cf8ac5489.jpg

Today I got the results from my pet scan. There is something going on with my left leg. I've never broken a bone or had surgeries in the thigh area. The dr thinks that the cancer is on the move. She cant be sure without a biopsy. So she gave me two options, biopsy or wait and see. I'm opting for the wait and see. IF it is cancerous the chemo will kill it I'm sure and that'd save me from having to do another test. I'm kinda done with tests and being poked at. I'mnot bummed about the object most likely being cancer. It's just a wee bump and I'll get through it.

Hugs,

Greg

I understand you are sick of tests, Greg, but I dare to advice you go for it and find out asap what exactly is going on with your leg. I do not think "wait and see" is the best strategy when fighting cancer.

I join everyone else on a huge, warm hug.

I understand you are sick of tests, Greg, but I dare to advice you go for it and find out asap what exactly is going on with your leg. I do not think "wait and see" is the best strategy when fighting cancer.

I join everyone else on a huge, warm hug.

After sleeping on it I've decided to do the biopsy. Just to kill my own curiosity.

Hugs,

Greg

Seaboy and LADoug,

I've away for over a week and just got home, so signing on today for the 1st time in a while. I'm thinking very positive thoughts and hope to hear status from you both on your journeys.

With love,

Doug

PS: I was up in NYC area (Jersey side most of the time), helping a friend recover from an illness. He's doing better and another friend from my school days has lymph nodes cancer and went thru his 1st 3 treatments yesterday. Both he and I are hopeful.

Another female friend that lives in Mich who I visited in March is also doing well after breast cancer surgery and addl treatments.

I'm thinking positive for both of you as well. Don't digress into hermits. Reach out to us and your friends via phone and community, and try a get a bit of outside air every day this summer.

This tread is about @seaboy4hire however so many of you have wished me well that I want to express my deepest thanks!

Well, Greg is the OP, indeed. Maybe I should wait for him to say this, but I am in my hotel room waiting for check out time and have nothing better to do. This thread, I think, has become about both of you. Please, keep us posted and also receive our warm support and careing love.

Well, Greg is the OP, indeed. Maybe I should wait for him to say this, but I am in my hotel room waiting for check out time and have nothing better to do. This thread, I think, has become about both of you. Please, keep us posted and also receive our warm support and careing love.
Agree!

Well we know that Greg will be enjoying Madonna! May LADoug1 enjoy what ever is his pleasure!

For those that may be interested all my treatment updates and how Im feeling will be posted on my FB page https://m.facebook.com/greg.marquez.50?ref=bookmarks theres an option to follow and as far as I know I have no idea who follows me if you dont want to do a friend requeat. But just so you dont get your panties in a bunch, I use fowl language and my fb page is ME uncensored and sometimes unpc. If you got thin skin and need to often hide in your safe space dont click on the link.

Hugs,

Greg

I visited a friend in Atlanta ... the one true Love of my Life from College, except he's South of the Mason-Dixon line, and I'm thoroughly Yanqui ...

anyway ... he had a 1991 Special Edition British Racing Green Miata, one of 4,000 made. If y'all have never driven a Miata, they are just way too much fun. More like playing a video game then driving a car.

SO I had to have one. Still do, 20,000 miles on it, and I have the optional hard top.

And the one CD stuck in the player? Madonna. I don't know the album, but it has Material Girl, which just seems so appropriate for having a car which is almost totally useless in teh NorthEast US. The one exception to that is that my roomate is 5'1", and it's a car built for his size.

I may break down and buy another one, but with the hard top convertible ... this time, in metallic burgundy, if they have that colour.

My other car is an SUV.

For those that may be interested all my treatment updates and how Im feeling will be posted on my FB page https://m.facebook.com/greg.marquez.50?ref=bookmarks theres an option to follow and as far as I know I have no idea who follows me if you dont want to do a friend requeat. But just so you dont get your panties in a bunch, I use fowl language and my fb page is ME uncensored and sometimes unpc. If you got thin skin and need to often hide in your safe space dont click on the link.

Hugs,

Greg

Oh no! You? Bad language? Not PC? Horrors! I'm shocked and dismayed! Lol! You know we love you just the way you are, Sailor Boy!

Oh no! You? Bad language? Not PC? Horrors! I'm shocked and dismayed! Lol! You know we love you just the way you are, Sailor Boy!

Told you he was in the Navy...."Swears like a sailor!"....Ha, Ha, Ha....:pwhat ever it takes Greg--best wishes, thoughts prayers and a few swears. We'll keep looking for your updates and when we don't hear from you we know you're taking it easy to recover.

Peace,

Kipp

Told you he was in the Navy...."Swears like a sailor!"....Ha, Ha, Ha....:pwhat ever it takes Greg--best wishes, thoughts prayers and a few swears. We'll keep looking for your updates and when we don't hear from you we know you're taking it easy to recover.

Peace,

Kipp

Its the mexi in me that makes me have a potty mouth lol

Hugs,

Greg

Archived