Scroll To The Bottom - Just Heard This

azdr0710
This topic is 2927 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We are the hollow men

We are the stuffed men

Leaning together

Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!

Our dried voices, when

We whisper together

Are quiet and meaningless

As wind in dry grass

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang, but a whimper.

I'd like mine with pepperoni, please.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as said above, this really is not an Earth-shattering event....doesn't really affect any of us in our daily lives.....we have fun here and try to exchange ideas and helpful advice.....the EOY contest is only meant to be recognition of worthy guys here in the forum, not some Congressional Medal of Honor-level award

"the truth" is not that elusive.....I think Daddy listened to comments and made a decision.....I'm not the one who discovered this update in EOY status, but do think a general announcement is appropriate

I'm not an utter fan of the now-former EOY, but I hope he is thinking on this and taking care of himself

We are the hollow men

We are the stuffed men

Leaning together

Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!

Our dried voices, when

We whisper together

Are quiet and meaningless

As wind in dry grass

She turns and looks a moment in the glass,

Hardly aware of her departed lover;

Her brain allows one half-formed thought to pass:

‘Well now that’s done: and I’m glad it’s over.’

When lovely woman stoops to folly and

Paces about her room again, alone,

She smoothes her hair with automatic hand,

And puts a record on the gramophone.

I'm new here and confused as all hell, but I think it's best I stay confused he he

I'm with you 30somethingsexybear! Did someone get impeached? Did the pageant winner not fulfill his duties? Did Donald Trollup sell the rights to this contest and the new owners choose a new winner? I think in the end though 30SSB has the right answer....ignorance can be truly bliss!

She turns and looks a moment in the glass,

Hardly aware of her departed lover;

Her brain allows one half-formed thought to pass:

‘Well now that’s done: and I’m glad it’s over.’

When lovely woman stoops to folly and

Paces about her room again, alone,

She smoothes her hair with automatic hand,

And puts a record on the gramophone.

Apropos....

For the record...glad you made it through this little fender bender, and are still with us.

Sheesh! You must know my ardor for you can never be diminished, and I will never leave your side, BVB. Granted, Kenny may be my boyfriend, and I love my coffee klatsches with the divine Dame Kockwood, and when I tire of being with a proper lady I can always get together with that old slut Oliver. Call me a whore, but you will always be my special colleague in crime, BVB.

And for the record, there are many levels of irony to the current situation, perhaps best only alluded to by poem. I was hearing about this situation by text and voicemail all day yesterday. When I looked up The Hollow Men on Wikipedia to get the wording right, it stated the following as a possible interpretation, which helped me decide it was exactly appropriate right now:

"This last line alludes to, amongst some talk of war, the actual end of the Gunpowder Plot mentioned at the beginning; not with its planned bang, but with Guy Fawke's whimper, as he was caught, tortured and executed on the gallows.

Somebody is of course going out with a whimper. It is not Guy Fawkes. I believe Guy Fawkes is still with us, too.

I'm with you 30somethingsexybear! Did someone get impeached? Did the pageant winner not fulfill his duties? Did Donald Trollup sell the rights to this contest and the new owners choose a new winner? I think in the end though 30SSB has the right answer....ignorance can be truly bliss!

No Bitch better be Snatchin MY Crown !

http://m5.paperblog.com/i/68/682699/abbys-ultimate-dance-competition-if-you-werk--L-nFMl7A.jpeg

Not with a whimper but with a bold leap...

"After a brief trial, Guy Fawkes was sentenced, along with the other surviving chief conspirators, to be hanged, drawn, and quartered in London. On January 30, 1606, the gruesome public executions began in London, and on January 31 Fawkes was called to meet his fate. While climbing to the hanging platform, however, he jumped from the ladder and broke his neck, dying instantly" -

"This last line alludes to, amongst some talk of war, the actual end of the Gunpowder Plot mentioned at the beginning; not with its planned bang, but with Guy Fawke's whimper, as he was caught, tortured and executed on the gallows.

"After a brief trial, Guy Fawkes was sentenced, along with the other surviving chief conspirators, to be hanged, drawn, and quartered in London. On January 30, 1606, the gruesome public executions began in London, and on January 31 Fawkes was called to meet his fate. While climbing to the hanging platform, however, he jumped from the ladder and broke his neck, dying instantly" -

Sounds like a pretty shitty day to me. :eek::(:eek::(

Guest countryboywny

It is what it is. If true that the 2015 EOY title has been "vacated" then I hope it will be a good thing for all involved. Time to move on.

LMAO...

I'm not new here and I'm at least as confused as you but agree it might be best to stay that way.

It's not a matter of New or Old, it's just a matter of paying ATTENTION..... But there's enough gossip to get you up to speed ! Just piece it together.

Archived