Scroll To The Bottom - Just Heard This

azdr0710
This topic is 2930 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No poor Alec. The guy is amazing, he does not need a title to know that.

But obviously it would have been nice if he won and then closed out his career. I mean he'll be a retired 2016 EOY. :p

I'm sure the story behind the dismissal is much more drama filled. :D

I was one who broke this news to the OP, and I only found out because someone texted me about it. I wonder why this was done quietly with no announcement or explanation. I didn't post anything about it bc I didn't want to upset the forum moderators since I figured they wanted to avoid drama (hence the lack of announcement). But now that the cat is out of the bag, I do wonder what we are supposed to make of it...

So... as 1st runner-up, doesn't Alec move up to EOY? (as he should have been in the first place)

You know, like they always say in the beauty pageants, if the winner is unable to fulfill their duties, blah blah blah...

Rob

I just find it sad.

I learned about it this morning from the former EOY himself.

I agree with Mike Gaite that management wanted to do this discreetly (or under the radar, to be less charitable), but the fact that it was speculated about shows that hope was futile. It always is. So now cue assumptions about why it happened that will never get cleared up.

(Well, maybe not so futile. Can we keep speculation out of the thread in line with management's presumed desire to keep the drama to a minimum? Only time will tell!)

As I said, it's sad. Perhaps some more proactive steps last year would have helped. Or maybe not. But I think no one has been covered in glory here. That includes forum members who bitched on the forum about it (I don't have a problem with people taking the matter up with Daddy directly) and other people as well as the ex-EOY himself. In a better world, he would be told why, but I suspect management believes (not without reason) that any such communication would only invite further angry responses and attacks.

I wonder why this was done quietly with no announcement or explanation. I didn't post anything about it bc I didn't want to upset the forum moderators since I figured they wanted to avoid drama (hence the lack of announcement).

That is how things are done around here. Speculation is usually the consequence.

I understand the reasoning that individual members' business should be kept private. That sounds good, but it's less helpful in practice, as was the case when no announcement was made as to what was going on when Daddy became seriously ill in 2014 until he returned home from the hospital. Besides, here the individual involved is persona non grata anyway and the award is voted upon by forum members, making it more of a forum matter, not an individual one.

Some people know the truth. ;P Trust me on this. No speculation necessary.

What's done is done. Does, it matter the whys and the hows... not really. It's time to move on before whatever comes out, comes out... yet again... causes a massive tyraid... people defend the indefensible... people attack (warranted or not).... that will just get the post shut down. As I've said before, in the grand scheme of things, EOY is a meaningless title. Nice to have and be acknowledged, but if you're successful enough to get noms, you'll be successful without the title.

How about some pizza with a side of hot wings? Lol!!!

Focusing on the positive, as I looked thru the lists of names I paused on several of them and a broad grin crept across face as I recalled the special qualities of each of them... Alec...Mike... Damien...Sean... (and a few others but propriety demands maintaining a non-slutty image).

And there's the names of those who induce a more naughty grin.... Lance...Tyger...Amir...Abel <girly squeal> who's acquaintance with other forum members I blatantly covet.

Sigh

So little time and so many wonderful guys!

Archived