I feel so dirty

JetBlack
This topic is 2932 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a radio in my car. Not a fancy one that tells me information about songs, just the radio station I'm on. Normally I listen to podcasts or music (progressive metal / death metal / grind-core) from my phone, but my AUX cable broke so I had to resort the old fashioned radio.

I have been humming along to a few songs recently, and they are stupidly catchy. I guess they are Top 40. It's pretty far off from what I normally listen to, but I have no choice. I give in to pop music.

I jumped into my friends car who has Sirius radio, so you get to know EVERYTHING about a song. My song came on that I've been humming to. I get excited. I look at his dashboard to see who sings it and it's friggin Bieber. Justin Bieber. I'm Canadian, so I have a special, "close to home", distaste for him. I sit there thinking, "crap.... I've been humming to Bieber for a week now". I then force my friend to drive into oncoming traffic to end the pain.

No, we don't drive into traffic - but I wallow in this disgust for a while. My friend and I drive along. He flips few a few other stations and eventually my other "feeling good, let's hum along" song comes on. I look at the dashboard to find out who this artist is, and...... it's Bieber again!

I feel so dirty. Actually, I don't know what to feel. I had a unbiased liking for two of his most recent songs. Now that I know who the artist is, how do I move on? Do I come out as a Bieber fan? How will my parents react? Will my friends and family be accepting of this lifestyle choice?

Do you have any secret songs that you would never tell close friends you enjoy?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try to go to one of those places run by 80's rockers that claim to change your orientation back from being a Belieber but we all know they don't really work. I suggest you seek therapy so that you can accept and embrace who you are so you can come out of the becloset. Then you should tell your family and friends. If they can't accept the fact that you are a Belieber then they really have no place in your life. Oh, and by the way, I don't think they allow Beliebers to post on this forum, so don't be surprised if you're put on permanent timeout. Nice knowing you dude!

I have a radio in my car. Not a fancy one that tells me information about songs, just the radio station I'm on. Normally I listen to podcasts or music (progressive metal / death metal / grind-core) from my phone, but my AUX cable broke so I had to resort the old fashioned radio.

I have been humming along to a few songs recently, and they are stupidly catchy. I guess they are Top 40. It's pretty far off from what I normally listen to, but I have no choice. I give in to pop music.

I jumped into my friends car who has Sirius radio, so you get to know EVERYTHING about a song. My song came on that I've been humming to. I get excited. I look at his dashboard to see who sings it and it's friggin Bieber. Justin Bieber. I'm Canadian, so I have a special, "close to home", distaste for him. I sit there thinking, "crap.... I've been humming to Bieber for a week now". I then force my friend to drive into oncoming traffic to end the pain.

No, we don't drive into traffic - but I wallow in this disgust for a while. My friend and I drive along. He flips few a few other stations and eventually my other "feeling good, let's hum along" song comes on. I look at the dashboard to find out who this artist is, and...... it's Bieber again!

I feel so dirty. Actually, I don't know what to feel. I had a unbiased liking for two of his most recent songs. Now that I know who the artist is, how do I move on? Do I come out as a Bieber fan? How will my parents react? Will my friends and family be accepting of this lifestyle choice?

Bring out the torches!! release the HOOUUNDS! :p

There was a time when I was rather embarrassingly infatuated with the members of LFO, a boy band from about fifteen years ago. Their big hit was “summer girls” and the lyrics were completely stupid, but also kindof catchy. I still remember the chorus, something about “New Kids on the block had a bunch of hits, Chinese food makes me sick, I think it’s fly when girls stop by for the summer, for the summer, I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch…” This song was actually a huge hit at the time, so I'm not the only one with something to be embarrassed about:

What a coincidence. Just this morning my favorite barista, a sexy Marine veteran named Raoul, announced that he'd be away this week. He's flying from the bowels of Deep South Texas to Cleveland to attend a Bieber concert. Seems he's become smitten with a gal who's a Bieber fanatic. FWIW Raoul is a grad student in Psych. Go figure.

I hate that I have to share a restroom with people like you.

Guest countryboywny

I like all sorts of different music.. I'm a "song" guy in that I can really like a song by a particular artist, but not be a fan of all of that artist's material. My iPod currently contains "Johnny Angel" by Shelly Fabares, "I Want it That Way", Backstreet Boys, numerous selections from Gun's 'n Roses, Bon Jovi, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Barry Manilow, Diana Ross. I also have a few country tunes and "Beer Run" and so on... I'm not ashamed about my tastes in music, but I will admit that when my iPod is playing I get a lot of eye rolling! LOL :eek::D

Since the Beibs doesn't actually write the songs it only means you find the actual song writer and all the production behind it enjoyable. So no worries.

Archived