Game of Thrones

MFLV
This topic is 1835 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rose is the Symbol of the House of Tyrell and she was passing on a message that she had not left the House of Tyrell. Unfortunately, they did not listen to her when she screamed that they needed to leave and she her brother, her father all wound up being Tyrell toast and most of the religious people were baked sparrows.

I was sorry to see Margaery go. But I was delighted to see the Olenna Tyrell plotting vengeance with the Sand Snakes in Dorne. The Queen of Thorns is one of my favorite characters. Cersei ascending the throne with her brother/lover watching said there is no room for love in this evil queen, who has brought ruin to everyone she held dear. I was happy to see Arya dispose of Walder Frey ( she assumed another face when she disposed of Meryn Trant in season 5 if I remember correctly- so this was not the first time she used this trick). For me the two best moments in the finale were Lady Mormont calling out the other houses for their disloyalty, and Danaerys making Tyrion her Hand of the Queen.

My prediction is season 7 will deal with the war for Westeros, and season 8 with the White Walkers attack on the 7 Kingdoms.

More to the point, how could she have left Daarios's behind behind???? Not me.

About the fire and ice bit.... think the argument now is that since Jon is Tarareyan and Stark, he is the prince who was promised, an embodiment of both elements. Could also be that what Lyanna whispered to Ned was that she wasn't kidnapped and that perhaps they had married and thereby making Jon a legitimate Targareyan heir and giving Ned even more reason to need to protect him from Robert Baratheon. Has been suggested that's why Ned sent Jon to the Nights Watch in the first place.

In the books, I thought the only kingdom that recognized women as potential ascendants to the thrones was Dorne and that was why Yara's Queensmoot was so controversial. And that even Danaerys would be passed over if there was a living male Targareyn, especially her war hero brother, Rhaegar and now there is. Just wonder if they will find out they are related before a strategic marriage is arranged and consummated. Not that the incest part would bother a Targareyan. They are openly inbred not like the sneaky Lannisters.

More that I have thought about Tommen's death, think it's kond of cool (symbolic? Cyclical?) that he jumped from a window. If Jaimie hadn't pushed Bran for catching him with Cersei, would any of this started?

More to the point, how could she have left Daarios's behind behind???? Not me.

About the fire and ice bit.... think the argument now is that since Jon is Tarareyan and Stark, he is the prince who was promised, an embodiment of both elements. Could also be that what Lyanna whispered to Ned was that she wasn't kidnapped and that perhaps they had married and thereby making Jon a legitimate Targareyan heir and giving Ned even more reason to need to protect him from Robert Baratheon. Has been suggested that's why Ned sent Jon to the Nights Watch in the first place.

In the books, I thought the only kingdom that recognized women as potential ascendants to the thrones was Dorne and that was why Yara's Queensmoot was so controversial. And that even Danaerys would be passed over if there was a living male Targareyn, especially her war hero brother, Rhaegar and now there is. Just wonder if they will find out they are related before a strategic marriage is arranged and consummated. Not that the incest part would bother a Targareyan. They are openly inbred not like the sneaky Lannisters.

More that I have thought about Tommen's death, think it's kond of cool (symbolic? Cyclical?) that he jumped from a window. If Jaimie hadn't pushed Bran for catching him with Cersei, would any of this started?

I need to step away from this thread cuz I must confess, confess, confess that my head is about to....

http://www.brightfutura.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/MartianHeadExplodes.gif#head%20explodes%20gif%20250x146

.... And what about Varis getting from Mereen to Dorne and then back to Mereen in time to sail with Daenerys and Tyrion??? Sloppy continuity? Or just forced drama?

Yes Varys on the deck of the ship as the armada sets sail made me go "huh"? He got from Dorne helping them and the Tyrell's plot revenge pretty fast!

There are many commentaries on line about Varys movement. Mostly, the theme is there has definitely been a passage of time to allow Varys to get back and it is further exemplified by the dragon heads on the ships, the Dornish ships in the armada and the very real but unseen need for Dany to make sure that everything is okay in Mereen before she leaves. There had to be some rebuilding and political stabilization of the area before she left the Bay of Dragons, previously known as Slaver's Bay. One supposes that there could have been some mention of the passage of time, (calendar pages flipping by like films from the 40's) or a scroll anouncing the passage of time, like Desparate Housewives of Westeros. Still time had to pass for Varys to get to Dorne, Oleanna to get from HighGarden to Dorne and the Sand Sisters to restock their poison.

she assumed another face when she disposed of Meryn Trant in season 5 if I remember correctly- so this was not the first time she used this trick).

You remember correctly. It was for using one of the faces from the Hall and killing Meryn that she was blinded a season or two ago.

For me the two best moments in the finale were Lady Mormont calling out the other houses for their disloyalty,

I agree completely. Nothing like being humiliated by a 10 year old. Loved it!

Not sure why that makes Cersei queen, except for the Mountain and all the Lannister troops.

What's interesting to me is that she ascended the throne as Cersei Lannister (first of her name), notably not Baratheon, which would be her only flimsy claim.

Kevin Slater

What's interesting to me is that she ascended the throne as Cersei Lannister (first of her name), notably not Baratheon, which would be her only flimsy claim.

Kevin Slater

She does not have a legitimate claim at all. Even as Queen Mother and Regent she would still not ascend to the throne. If all the Baratheons are gone, then the proper ascension would be first cousins to Robert Baratheon, with the assumption that he is the father. His not being the father makes Tommen a fraud. I do not know the Baratheon lineage well enough to figure out who would be the rightful heir now.

She does not have a legitimate claim at all. Even as Queen Mother and Regent she would still not ascend to the throne. If all the Baratheons are gone, then the proper ascension would be first cousins to Robert Baratheon, with the assumption that he is the father. His not being the father makes Tommen a fraud. I do not know the Baratheon lineage well enough to figure out who would be the rightful heir now.

Did they kill all of RB's bastard sons? Or did that one (was he a blacksmith?) get away back in season 1 or 2?

Did they kill all of RB's bastard sons? Or did that one (was he a blacksmith?) get away back in season 1 or 2?

Gendry was the Bastard Son in question. They took some of his blood to make the spirit that killed Renly. He escaped and I believe he escaped in a boat and has not been heard from since. Since Arya Stark is back, perhaps he will make an appearance.

Gendry was the Bastard Son in question. They took some of his blood to make the spirit that killed Renly. He escaped and I believe he escaped in a boat and has not been heard from since. Since Arya Stark is back, perhaps he will make an appearance.

And Ned Stark's investigating Gendry back in the day helped lead to events causing him to lose his head

Pk, that's how I remembered it, too. But I was reading online and they say that Stannis and Mellisandre had rough sex and she then gave birth to the demon that killed Renley. Gendry's blood (via leeches) was used by Stannis to curse the "usurpers"... Robb Stark, Balon Greyjoy and Joffrey Baratheon and we all know how that turned out. Then the Onion Knight, Sir Davos aided his escape because Mellisandre was trying to talk Stannis into sacrificing him to win the war. They had this scene on the beach with Gendry very awkwardly getting into a very small row boat. Davos asked, can you swim? Gendry said, no. Davos said, then don't fall out and pushed the boat out to sea and that's the last we've seen of Gendry. They were at Storm's End and I always had the impression that he was rowing back to King's Landing.

I assumed that they were the "little birds" that Varis was always talking about.... these poor street kids that acted as his network of spies. But that doesn't really make sense that Varis would be helping Cersei kill the Tyrell children and then go off at the speed of light and side with their Grandmother and the Sands against the Lannisters, does it? Maybe they are just a band of orphan sellswords?? Baby assassins available to the highest bidder? Maybe they just wanted "More please" like Oliver?

Maybe they are just a band of orphan sellswords?? Baby assassins available to the highest bidder? Maybe they just wanted "More please" like Oliver?

I like all of these theories. And best of all, the "orphan sellswords" and "Oliver" theories are not mutually exclusive.

I assumed that they were the "little birds" that Varis was always talking about.... these poor street kids that acted as his network of spies. But that doesn't really make sense that Varis would be helping Cersei kill the Tyrell children and then go off at the speed of light and side with their Grandmother and the Sands against the Lannisters, does it? Maybe they are just a band of orphan sellswords?? Baby assassins available to the highest bidder? Maybe they just wanted "More please" like Oliver?

I kind of thought they were Cersei's new meister's "little birds"

I kind of thought they were Cersei's new meister's "little birds"

They were. In a previous episode he mentions building such a network, and he is present when they kill the old maester. He was also Cersie's only ally left in Kings Landing.

Kevin Slater

The "little birds" were the creatures of Qyburn, the guy who reanimated the Mountain. He now also appears to be Queen Cersei's Hand (I think I spotted the hand pin on him at Cersei's Coronation). I suspect that now that all her children are dead, that she is just going to go full Mad Queen on us in the next season. Jaime will kill her in an act worthy of Grand Opera, and In keeping with prophecy that has haunted her throughout her life.

He now also appears to be Queen Cersei's Hand (I think I spotted the hand pin on him at Cersei's Coronation).

He is indeed now her hand. I spotted the pin at the coronation too. So it seems safe to assume. Interesting hand to hand wits match between Qyburn & Tyrion.