What would you change about Daddy's Reviews?

Mikegaite
This topic is 2996 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I guess I will propose semiannual fundraising drives for the website, akin to what NPR does, or the publication of lists of donors on the front homepage to encourage more donations, akin to what the Nifty Erotic Stories Archives does.

I have youthful optimism and refuse to be silenced. There are ways to make things better for everyone, including the people running this site. #YesWeCan

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/553a8ddae4b0bd1c1a10972e/t/555a09d4e4b05d7d8a32eca1/1431964117192/bakesale.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only change/ improvement I would like to see is the ability to easily see all of a reviewers reviews. This would be useful. I know that a while back someone gave instructions on how to do this but I don't remember them.

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/searching-the-reviews.77841/

Searching the Reviews is easy. All you need to do is add the search term: "site:daddysreviews.com" For example: To search for all the reviews that have been published by "Boston Guy" you would use:

in the Google Search Box.

Kevin Slater

I guess I will propose semiannual fundraising drives for the website, akin to what NPR does, or the publication of lists of donors on the front homepage to encourage more donations, akin to what the Nifty Erotic Stories Archives does.

I have youthful optimism and refuse to be silenced. There are ways to make things better for everyone, including the people running this site. #YesWeCan

http://www.daddysreviews.com/donate

Kevin Slater

My god, this is Daddy's Reviews, not North Korea! The way some people reacted to the very notion of suggesting change, you would think we are being governed by some angry communist regime. In a world of free-thinkers, we should encourage evolution and change. It doesn't mean it's gonna happen, and as some of you have pointed out, Daddy operates this site out of passion, not for profit, so of course we need to respect that and respect his time, but there is no reason we can't have a constructive dialog about such things.

My god, this is Daddy's Reviews, not North Korea! The way some people reacted to the very notion of suggesting change, you would think we are being governed by some angry communist regime. In a world of free-thinkers, we should encourage evolution and change. It doesn't mean it's gonna happen, and as some of you have pointed out, Daddy operates this site out of passion, not for profit, so of course we need to respect that and respect his time, but there is no reason we can't have a constructive dialog about such things.

You are obviously VERY new here ? LOLOLOLOL

Wow.... I am really surprised that Mike's question could elicit so many fear laden responses. I think the site is good as is but any site can be improved as time goes on.

And I'm sure if Daddy were planning an upgrade and looking for such suggestions, he would ask for them. Meanwhile, publicly soliciting how someone else might up their game rubs me wrong.

Kevin Slater

And I'm sure if Daddy were planning an upgrade and looking for such suggestions, he would ask for them. Meanwhile, publicly soliciting how someone else might up their game rubs me wrong.

Kevin Slater

So basically Mr Slater, you are saying "Don't speak unless you are Spoken to" ? That kinda rubs ME the wrong way ....

So basically Mr Slater, you are saying "Don't speak unless you are Spoken to" ? That kinda rubs ME the wrong way ....

maybe so, but it's not your site. if you think you can do this better, start your own. free market economy.

daddy does great here. he puts up with a lot. he keeps it free. for all of that, I am thankful.

Thank you. I was about to look for this and respond myself. If anyone loses track of the link, just remember it's a sticky/pinned post on the Tech Talk subforum.

Which leads me to comment that too few people consult (or even bother to look at) the sticky posts.

maybe so, but it's not your site. if you think you can do this better, start your own. free market economy.

daddy does great here. he puts up with a lot. he keeps it free. for all of that, I am thankful.

Perfectly said. The site does what it is supposed to do if you approach it intelligently.

1) That's the standard response in similar situations. Basically, if you don't like it, get the fuck out.

2) Is that new Bronzer on your NOSE, or are you just suntanned ?

Daddy does not suffer fools gladly. But his tolerance is fairly high. Still when people deserve to be chastised, it seems they are. I was banned for a week one time. JJ how many times have you been banned. To me it seems hardly enough, and despite your complaints still you are back. There must be some draw to this place for you and me and the others that come here with regularity. Sure it could be better, but when I was timed out for a bit, I missed it, as would most here.

Daddy does not suffer fools gladly. But his tolerance is fairly high. Still when people deserve to be chastised, it seems they are. I was banned for a week one time. JJ how many times have you been banned. To me it seems hardly enough, and despite your complaints still you are back. There must be some draw to this place for you and me and the others that come here with regularity. Sure it could be better, but when I was timed out for a bit, I missed it, as would most here.

PK, considering I was away for 2 years, your comment to me is overzealous and misguided. But based on OUR history, I get it, you will never be a fan and always be on the attack. ...YES, I was banned many times, and IMO undeservedly so. I am glad you feel your banning was warranted, as I am sure that lessens any anger one would feel if he didn't feel the ban was warranted ? What drew me back ? Well it seemed that many of the people that were pains in my ass or thorns in my side are no longer in residence, so I therefore felt my experience here might be different now. Is it ??? Too soon to tell.... Am I complaining ? Not really, I know the score, and what I am getting into, so if I wanna be here, I have to play the game.

I sympathize with Daddy. I've been in many situations where I'm doing most of the work on something, and get plenty of suggestions on how it could/should be done better, but very very few legitimate offers to actually do any of those things; even fewer when you count in their ability/skills to actually provide worthwhile help, and their commitment to continue doing so.

I had a roommate who was very vocal about recycling, but come garbage night, I'm the one taking it out.

Wow! There are some deep, dark, historical currents flowing through the Forum today. I don't pretend to understand and recommend that all newbies , and relative newbies like me, stay out of them. One could get swept away and never know why.

Wow! There are some deep, dark, historical currents flowing through the Forum today. I don't pretend to understand and recommend that all newbies , and relative newbies like me, stay out of them. One could get swept away and never know why.

Time for a spelling bee. Glennnn, your word is TSUNAMI ...

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1999_Eyes_Wide_Shut/big/fhd999EWS_Tom_Cruise_015.jpg

What would you change about Daddy's Reviews or the forum in general? It could be small-scale or large-scale, inspirational or aspirational, serious or funny. This place is great overall, but I'm wondering if we can't start a small revolution and make it even better...

Maybe put in a Taco Bar for Friday Happy Hour . . . ;););)

PK, considering I was away for 2 years, your comment to me is overzealous and misguided. But based on OUR history, I get it, you will never be a fan and always be on the attack. ...YES, I was banned many times, and IMO undeservedly so. I am glad you feel your banning was warranted, as I am sure that lessens any anger one would feel if he didn't feel the ban was warranted ? What drew me back ? Well it seemed that many of the people that were pains in my ass or thorns in my side are no longer in residence, so I therefore felt my experience here might be different now. Is it ??? Too soon to tell.... Am I complaining ? Not really, I know the score, and what I am getting into, so if I wanna be here, I have to play the game.

I see, asking you a factual question is an attack. As there are many new people here, I thought a bit of background might help for them to know that you have played this same game before and that you kept poking and poking and poking the bear. As I have done in the past, I will place you on ignore. I had no idea you were gone for as long as you say but time does pass but not everything changes. . By the way, how many different identities do you have? I have just the one.

Archived