Legalizing Marijuana

sam.fitzpatrick
This topic is 1133 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"I do have friends who are around my age or even older who I know to have been daily marijuana smokers for 50 years.

These are not the most acute people on the planet. Let me assure you that there is an aggregate effect. Because I knew

them maybe when they started, OK? So they're not like, dangerous people, but maybe they're not the people you would

consult anymore.”

- Fran Lebowitz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been around weed once went I stayed with a friend near UCLA. I didn't smoke it but one the apartments was full of smoke the entire time so I definitely was breathing it in. I remember having a really bad headache after I left. I'll probably try an edible once they are available for sale. The only sad thing is I am almost certain my county will be opting out as they have been threatening since weed started getting legalized around the country.

Many, if not most people have shifted to gummies and vape pens which have zero smell of pot. But in public you do still smell pot because a lot of people think smoking pot that smells in public looks cool. Amateurs.

Personally I cannot stand the smell of it.

Many, if not most people have shifted to gummies and vape pens which have zero smell of pot. But in public you do still smell pot because a lot of people think smoking pot that smells in public looks cool. Amateurs.

You don't smell it as you smoke it.

Canada legalized pot possession a couple of years ago and no big deal has resulted since then. Really a non issue.

Personally I don't do drugs of any kind so I could not care less.

I predict it will be the same in New York State, which happens to share a border with Ontario, where I live. I can see it every day across the river but can't go there these days. There will still be border issues and you won't be able to carry it across, I believe, as is now the case between British Columbia and the state of Washington, where it is also legal.

It's unfortunate that the US cannot make it legal across the entire nation instead of this patchwork quilt approach. Tourists will be confused when visiting the States, I imagine.

I have only been around weed once went I stayed with a friend near UCLA. I didn't smoke it but one the apartments was full of smoke the entire time so I definitely was breathing it in. I remember having a really bad headache after I left. I'll probably try an edible once they are available for sale. The only sad thing is I am almost certain my county will be opting out as they have been threatening since weed started getting legalized around the country.

The next county can't be that far away.

One other thing is that legalization has not earned the government as much money as they had hoped or expected because the illicit market is still thriving by offering lower prices.

With tobacco, taxes were increased years ago to dissuade smokers. The black market for cigarettes just boomed and government revenues suffered..

No, when I was a teen and most of my friends smoked, we all noticed the same thing... it's weird, and I could never figure out why it happens. Whenever I've smelled it when others were partaking (at a concert or movie or even passersby outside), I certainly smell the typical smell that others describe, but as I sit here, joint dangling from my mouth so I can type, I don't smell it.

Really?

I certainly don't remember that from my year in South East Asia. Perhaps someone gave you a.n actual weed from the park

No, when I was a teen and most of my friends smoked, we all noticed the same thing... it's weird, and I could never figure out why it happens. Whenever I've smelled it when others were partaking (at a concert or movie or even passersby outside), I certainly smelled the typical smell that others describe, but as I sit here, joint dangling from my mouth so I can type, I don't smell it.

I have a 77 year-old longtime friend who just recently took up the edible habit last year; dark chocolate is already his go-to favorite now.

He figures if there are long term side effects that might show up in 10-20-30 years he's really not worried about them at this point. :)

I'm patiently waiting for Maryland to legalize it so I can try some of that chocolate myself!