Havana, Cuba Within a Few Days

Axiom2001
This topic is 1794 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I call bullshit on those photos of abandoned rooms. The 3rd is obviously not an "emergency room" but an autopsy/embalming table room. Of course if you google "the truth about...." you're going to get fringe lunatics on any subject. Most people are not that gullible (I hope).

Most people are not, but most is not all. Some take things at face value, many do so wilfully. But hey, never let the truth or logic get in the way of alt-right group think (sic). But of course, no health care system is perfect, and they all ration its provision to some extent. You can compare health care systems by looking at minutiae or at overall outcomes. There's plenty wrong with the Cuban system when you look at the details of how it works but there's much it gets right when you look at population level health indicators.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people are not, but most is not all. Some take things at face value, many do so wilfully. But hey, never let the truth or logic get in the way of alt-right group think (sic). But of course, no health care system is perfect, and they all ration its provision to some extent. You can compare health care systems by looking at minutiae or at overall outcomes. There's plenty wrong with the Cuban system when you look at the details of how it works but there's much it gets right when you look at population level health indicators.

And what makes you think that the population level health indicators that are collected and disseminated by a totalitarian regime are accurate?

Here is an interesting bit from one of the articles that I link to in the next post:

"Cuban doctors were re-categorizing neonatal deaths as late fetal deaths in order for doctors to meet government targets for infant mortality. …Physicians often perform abortions without clear consent of the mother, raising serious issues of medical ethics, when ultrasound reveals fetal abnormalities because ‘otherwise it might raise the infant mortality rate’."

Hey, did you know that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

Edited by BSR

I call bullshit on those photos of abandoned rooms. The 3rd is obviously not an "emergency room" but an autopsy/embalming table room. Of course if you google "the truth about...." you're going to get fringe lunatics on any subject. Most people are not that gullible (I hope). Google "Cuban healthcare". Especially for the little money it costs, it's really fairly good. Certainly as good as our awful US healthcare.

Here are just two of the "fringe" articles I found. One in National Review, written mostly in response to Michael Moore's fawning over the Cuban system. It's from 12 years ago, but trust me, things in Cuba don't change much. Here's another one from this year by the Foundation for Economic Education, a libertarian think tank.

What evidence have you provided to prove your point? Maybe Katie Couric's sycophantic praise for Cuba's health care, as if the communists let her or any other journalist see the truth. Foreign journalists are never left to their own devices or allowed to investigate on their own. They see & hear only what the totalitarian regime wants them to see.

If you speak to Cuban-Americans who visit the island regularly, who know what's really going on because they speak directly with their family & friends, as opposed to an apparatchik information minister, they will tell you a very different story.

And what makes you think that the population level health indicators that are collected and disseminated by a totalitarian regime are accurate? Hey, did you know that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

I applaud your heroic defence of the right wing US demonisation of everything to do with Cuba, your talkng points are pitch perfect, so I guess gullibility can be a double edged sword. You speak as though successive US administrations and their often politicised agencies have never stretched the truth to to suit their own purposes. And no, I don't know whether the Cuban statistics have been fudged nor indeed whether they might be inaccurate for lack of rigour rather than malign intent, but I also don't have reasons to believe that they have been. Dictators lie isn't an argument. You simple assume the worst because Cuba.

I applaud your heroic defence of the right wing US demonisation of everything to do with Cuba, your talkng points are pitch perfect, so I guess gullibility can be a double edged sword. You speak as though successive US administrations and their often politicised agencies have never stretched the truth to to suit their own purposes. And no, I don't know whether the Cuban statistics have been fudged nor indeed whether they might be inaccurate for lack of rigour rather than malign intent, but I also don't have reasons to believe that they have been. Dictators lie isn't an argument. You simple assume the worst because Cuba.

I just provided you evidence that Cuba's health care "success" is just a pack of lies. My guess is you didn't bother to read either of the articles I linked. No surprise, nobody ever does.

Leftists want an all-controlling, all-powerful government. One of the most effective means by which to control a people is to monopolize health care. To push their agenda of nationalizing health care, leftists are all too eager to be the willing dupes of a totalitarian regime. Just a reminder, in case anyone's forgotten, today's leftists are the most grotesquely selfish beings in the history of the human race.

Guest LeonTrotsky

Leftists want an all-controlling, all-powerful government. One of the most effective means by which to control a people is to monopolize health care. To push their agenda of nationalizing health care, leftists are all too eager to be the willing dupes of a totalitarian regime. Just a reminder, in case anyone's forgotten, today's leftists are the most grotesquely selfish beings in the history of the human race.

The only debatable issue is whether this person is intentionally or accidentally... ummhhh.... I'll just leave it at "ignorant".

Should we start a poll?

I just provided you evidence that Cuba's health care "success" is just a pack of lies. My guess is you didn't bother to read either of the articles I linked. No surprise, nobody ever does.

As opposed to the trump tax break pushers?