"cum" or "come"?

Zapped
This topic is 3870 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The first time I saw the word, I saw it as "come." It was in a book called "Girltalk," which I read just before I started sixth grade. The text has changed, but the orginal version of the book said "Saying yes to a boy means saying yes to yourself. Just because a guy sees a girl in a bikini doesn't mean he has to come." I thought, "come? come where?"

That year, we had an open Q&A for sex ed, with boys and girls separated. (I would love to have seen the boys' section.)

Fluffy: What does come mean?

Teacher: Well, it's an orgasm.

Fluffy: What's that?

Teacher: (Embarassed) It's the most pleasurable part of sex

*Fluffy looks confused.*

Sophisticated, wealthy girl Asian in the class: (Exasperated) It's the part where you go "Ah Ah AAAAAH"

Guest Starbuck

Ahh, well ... if you can't figure out how to [/i]discuss it[/i], just enjoy the experience of ejaculation and the sight of your generous spermload shot upon his handsome face and open lips.

Guest countryboywny
Future perfect tense is even more awkward.

Not really, future tense would be "..I will cum" It's much like the verb "arrive".. no future tense

And how is this moment expressed in other languages, slang or otherwise?

My french is not very good, but there's a famous opera aria called "Il Va Venir," which I like to colloquially translate as "He's gonna come." ;)

Myself, when I'm talking about the male act of orgasm, I tend to like the word "shoot," and the fluid itself I like to call "sperm" (even though I know that's not technically all it is). I remember a young friend who used to call it "white stuff."

But, in the heat of the moment, it's also often just come/cum - who cares how you spell it when it's happening, lol.

If it's a really great load, is it cum laude? If it's an unusually phenomenal orgasm, is it magna/summa cum laude? :D

Not really, future tense would be "..I will cum" It's much like the verb "arrive".. no future tense

Rvwnsd said future perfect tense, which would be "I will have cum," which is not awkward either, but which is not likely to be used very often ("By the time I finish working tonight, I will have cum five times.").

I mentioned future perfect tense, not future tense An example of future perfect tense used in a sentence is: "Will he have cum prior to me?"

Future perfect tense typically sounds awkward, not unlike getting up to grab a towel while your partner is still basking in the afterglow of having cum.

I prefer "spew". When my partner is close I like to urge/order him to spew that big load for me. There is no mistaking spew for any other connotation, as there is with come. "Come over here" "Come, over here" "Come over. Here" Besides spew is very guttural and it is onomonopoeic. I pretty much sould like I am saying sppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww when I doooooooooooo.

I prefer "spew". When my partner is close I like to urge/order him to spew that big load for me. There is no mistaking spew for any other connotation, as there is with come. "Come over here" "Come, over here" "Come over. Here" Besides spew is very guttural and it is onomonopoeic. I pretty much sould like I am saying sppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww when I doooooooooooo.

Technically speaking, in linguistics "spew" would not be described as "guttural" but as "plosive," which is even more appropriate for the action desired.

"Squirt" sounds more poetic ... ;)

Squirt, shoot, spew...all definitely great words. ;-)

Sometimes, if I'm exchanging emails with a guy and we're having fun talking sex, I like to personalize his load - as in, "Can't wait to get a mouthful of that Kevin-flavored sperm" or something like that. Sometimes I can tell that a guy is kinda turned on by thinking of his load that way. :D

Guest Starbuck

While we're working hard on the proper use of "cum" vs. "come," the world is still busy messing up the rest of the English language. Here's a beauty I came across this morning on a sports blog called yardbarker.com. It's from an article on a new book by author Michael Gross about the goings-on at a prestigious NYC address where Alex Rodriguez rented a $30,000-a-month apartment. The best line ...

“House of Outrageous Fortune: Fifteen Central Park West, The World’s Most Powerful Address,” details ARod’s alleged petulance for prostitutes.

And we all thought it was accusations of steroid abuse that made him petulant. Apparently not.

(No word on where the prostitutes cummed from.)

And we all thought it was accusations of steroid abuse that made him petulant. Apparently not.

Eh...I think he was born with petulance in his blood, long before putting any drugs in there. As to how he treats the prostitutes he has a *penchance* for, who knows...:-)

Over the years, one of my own favorite misuses of language was in a student writing assignment - the student was analyzing characters in a play, and she wrote that one character "reeks havoc" on another. :p

Guest Starbuck
... one of my own favorite misuses of language was in a student writing assignment - the student was analyzing characters in a play, and she wrote that one character "reeks havoc" on another. :p

Oy ... but at least you could tell where the phrase cummed from.

Archived