Remembering those college days

MFLV
This topic is 3985 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Had to take my daughter to her college today, she just graduated HS and had to go to an orientation for summer session, anyway, walking around the campus on a very nice sunny day in Central PA I took notice of many shirtless college guys that have great bodies. DAMN !! To be in college again. You've got to suspect that a couple of those young guys are going to experiment with some m2m. Do to my situation this is the only place I can vent this observation!! LOL. DAMN there are some real beautiful guys on that college campus!!

I had the best time in graduate school... in part because of the indoor swimming pool and the showers there !!!!!!!!!!!!! I met many a horny guy in the pool and afterwards, as they also had a steam room and a dry sauna as part of the gym. But strolling the campus and studying in the more secluded sections of the library and student union was also enticing, especially with one of the rest rooms that was off in a relatively secluded area in the student union..... ahh.... those were the days....

Damn, where'd you go to college?!! The pool and secluded study areas - wow. I was just lusting after a few fraternity brothers of mine and side note - a couple if them came out after college - of course not the ones I wanted !! Lol

I have a friend who is a part time instructor at two junior colleges in the Baltimore area. One college is more suburban and one more inner city but I don't think in the inmost city. He's always complaining about how none of the males are in good shape -not that he would do anything with them as - and I'm serious about that. But of course it's fine to build up an appetite at work as long as you don't eat there ;)

But he has been complaining of this for almost the entire time I've known him of 7 years. Occasionally he'll mention about one student out of all his classes every three or 4 semesters. I've often wondered how is this possible unless his classes are just full of inner city students with really poor diets. On top of that he teaches an introductory government class- so it's not like he's teaching a rarefied subject. I mean it's a subject most of the students have to take. It would be weird if somehow all of the unattractive males ended up in his sections. And I attended one day of classes with him a few semesters ago. While I don't remember being overwhelmed by anyone, there were at least one or two handsome guys there. And of course I was only scoping out his students for research purposes -you understand. :)

My friend has very good taste- but the last time he told how none of his students were appealing - I started thinking maybe he is just too picky. He has a specific type of guy he likes- mainly Italian/Mediterranean. Giovanni Volta is one of his ideal guys- and he's met with him several times. Here's Giovanni's ad in case anyone is not familiar with him

http://www.rentboy.com/Listing.aspx?lid=380993&scid=94575945&sp=1&pos=0&locid=191&iid=467323

But I finally told him a few months ago that if he was trying to compare these 18 to most likely 20 year olds to Mr. Volta of course 99% were going to come up lacking. So I am still wondering whether his standards are much too high for almost anyone to meet- or if someone how he is stuck in the middle of a population of unattractive and out of shape college males.

Gman

I know, I don't remember guys looking that good in the early 80s when I was in college but that was during the preppy days and upturned collars and remember the short OP shorts!

Gosh I wish I could still fit into my OP shorts.

Gman

But I finally told him a few months ago that if he was trying to compare these 18 to most likely 20 year olds to Mr. Volta of course 99% were going to come up lacking. So I am still wondering whether his standards are much too high for almost anyone to meet- or if someone how he is stuck in the middle of a population of unattractive and out of shape college males.

Gman

Your friend probably just has a specific type of guy he finds attractive and Mr. Volta's dopplegangers are not likely to be found among a group of 18 year olds, no matter the area. He may also be subconsciously eliminating the temptation of the teacher student taboo by convincing himself by repetition that his students are not attractive.

Your friend probably just has a specific type of guy he finds attractive and Mr. Volta's dopplegangers are not likely to be found among a group of 18 year olds, no matter the area.

That's what I told him. I've always said that he should be more eclectic in his tastes like me. I mean I am not blind to Mr. Volta's charms at all- although I'm never going to meet him because he is a strict top ( although when I was looking at his ad to get the URL for this post- I noticed that he put 'bisexual' when I think he used to put 'straight'-maybe someday he'll put 'versatile' for 'top' ;)

He may also be subconsciously eliminating the temptation of the teacher student taboo by convincing himself by repetition that his students are not attractive.
I doubt this. He has pretty strong will power. I think he knows that he can only look at the students and not touch.

Gman

yep, I'm a college in the early 80s guy, too......those short corduroy OPs were great, but, jesus, they were short....

http://bestofthe80s.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/op.jpg

and I sometimes STILL see silly dudes with popped collars today....that was a joke 30 years ago!!

4popped-collars.png

YES, I loved those short shorts too... and I still buy shorts with the shorter legs..... I am tall, and they show off my legs to great advantage, and butts look good in them too, MFLV...send me a pm if you are really interested in the schools that I attended... sorry to say the place I referred to in the Student Union was remodeled out of existance.. :(

I don't live in a college town, but now that it's summer my gym has been infiltrated by guys home for the summer from college. It makes the gym a bit more crowded, but I'm not complaining. Some days there's easily 10+ really hot guys in my gym. Looking at them even inspires me to work out a bit harder, so there's some side benefit beyond just the eye candy!

since we're driving down the 80s memory lane....

http://img3.etsystatic.com/012/0/7801941/il_fullxfull.424601239_sms8.jpg

Uh oh my parents just bought me a Members Only Coat for my birthday. On the other hand I think it looks darn good on this guy.

Gman

The scenery only gets better when the guys return in August with great tans...but those of us who work on campus every day respect the bright line between faculty and students. It does get interesting at local bars or other gay events when you run into students in your classes...

I'm curious: What happens when you meet the students in a bar? I'm a professor too, but because I live in a different area of the city from my students, I've never seen them outside the university building where I work and teach. (I'm not attracted to younger guys, even good looking ones, so they don't tempt me.)

Back when I was a hot young college professor, I would dress "biz casual" on days when lecturing, and in jeans on days when just working around campus.

While still young, I quit teaching ... and soon thereafter saw two of the absolutely hottest students I had ever taught in a local bar. One french-Canadian, the other Irish. They were quite bold. They came up to me and started a conversation. After a while (and a couple of drinks), they admitted that they had always wondered -- and talked among themselves -- about whether or not I wore underwear under my jeans.

As they were no longer students, I was no longer a professor, and they, in their mid-20's were old enough to think and act for themselves, I asked them if they were still interested in the answer to that question.

They were.

We left the bar.

I wasn't. ;)

As things turned out, they were f**k buddies, and one was a top and one was a bottom. The one and only time a fantasy came true!

Today's young men seem so much better looking and in better shape than they were when I was in college in the 70's.

I know, I don't remember guys looking that good in the early 80s!

Your perception is accurate. There was nobody then that looked like the fit men of today.

Gladly science and technology have advanced greatly and now we really, really know how our bodies work, how muscle is built, how one can lean down effectively, what chemicals and foods are beneficial and which ones aren't. It is still a shit load of work to put this information into action and it is very expensive, but anyone who wants a perfect body can have it now, whereas nobody knew how to do this even ten years ago. That is why an OK body was exceptional then whereas an amazing body is only average now.

It's really funny to watch workout videos or workout advice videos from the 80's. It's a miracle anyone looked good at all.

I believe this is both a blessing and a curse because it puts a lot of demands on very young men and women, who from a very early age rely heavily on supplements both legal and illegal. Nowadays it's absolutely normalized to have high school children going on steroids. Only God knows how their livers, kidneys, joints and skin will hold up.

For the body fascists, we really live in a wonderful time!

Your perception is accurate. There was nobody then that looked like the fit men of today.

Gladly science and technology have advanced greatly and now we really, really know how our bodies work, how muscle is built, how one can lean down effectively, what chemicals and foods are beneficial and which ones aren't. It is still a shit load of work to put this information into action and it is very expensive, but anyone who wants a perfect body can have it now, whereas nobody knew how to do this even ten years ago. That is why an OK body was exceptional then whereas an amazing body is only average now.

It's really funny to watch workout videos or workout advice videos from the 80's. It's a miracle anyone looked good at all.

I believe this is both a blessing and a curse because it puts a lot of demands on very young men and women, who from a very early age rely heavily on supplements both legal and illegal. Nowadays it's absolutely normalized to have high school children going on steroids. Only God knows how their livers, kidneys, joints and skin will hold up.

For the body fascists, we really live in a wonderful time!

I find there are more young people on either extreme today than back in the '70s and early '80s: more uberfit specimens to be sure but also more people who are overweight and clearly not in decent physical shape at all. I think in the '70s and '80s when I was growing up, there were more of us in the "just below average / average / just above average" categories.

I was in that last group of kids who grew up without video games and who tended to play and ramble around freely outside, even if you weren't a jock on sports team. These days, it seems you're either a great, fit athlete or a video-game couch potato with fewer "in-betweeners" like myself.

And yes, Juan, you're so right about some of the bad advice we survived: salt tablets at basketball practice, do high-impact aerobics, eat LOTS of carbs, etc. But we also were sparred Super Sized meals, all-you-can-eat-buffets and the like as well when growing up. We had less access to the healthiest foods and information, but we also less inundated with the bad stuff too.

Archived