Seven Minutes of Terror...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4286 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Big Howdy and a big thank you to Daddy.

On a personal note, my first toy that I can remember was a Howdy Doody Marionette. My father built me a little stage with a curtain so I could have my own Howdy Doody time whenever I wanted. I am with Charlie, what wonderful memories.

Does anyone remember Winky Dink? A show which included animated cartoons with the main character always getting into trouble and you needed a special kit. The kits were sold in stores and included a clear piece of plastic film that stuck to the TV screen and special markers. Whenever Winky Dink ran into a problem, say being chased and running up to a cliff, the announcer would say, "kids Winky Dink needs a bridge to cross. Draw him a bridge" and of course you would use the special marker to draw a bridge. Once he was across, you'd erase the bridge so the bad guy couldn't chase him. It was fun until I lost the film. Then I got into trouble for marking the TV screen. Hey, I didn't know......

A Big Howdy and a big thank you to Daddy.

On a personal note, my first toy that I can remember was a Howdy Doody Marionette. My father built me a little stage with a curtain so I could have my own Howdy Doody time whenever I wanted. I am with Charlie, what wonderful memories.

Does anyone remember Winky Dink? A show which included animated cartoons with the main character always getting into trouble and you needed a special kit. The kits were sold in stores and included a clear piece of plastic film that stuck to the TV screen and special markers. Whenever Winky Dink ran into a problem, say being chased and running up to a cliff, the announcer would say, "kids Winky Dink needs a bridge to cross. Draw him a bridge" and of course you would use the special marker to draw a bridge. Once he was across, you'd erase the bridge so the bad guy couldn't chase him. It was fun until I lost the film. Then I got into trouble for marking the TV screen. Hey, I didn't know......[/color][/size][/font]

Anyone who saw me with my Kukla, Fran and Ollie hand puppets could have predicted I would be gay.

Does anyone remember Winky Dink?...you needed a special kit. The kits were sold in stores and included a clear piece of plastic film that stuck to the TV screen and special markers.

LOL, I got mine mail order from the show. That scumbag host was absolutely ruthless about convincing the kids that they had to have the kit to properly enjoy the show!

http://geezermusicclub.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/wd.jpg

Archived