R.I.P. Whitney Houston

JackTwist
This topic is 4506 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Music icon Whitney Houston hass passed away in Beverly Hills at 48 years-old. May she rest in peace.

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Whitney-Houston.jpeghttp://www.gigsport.com/images/events/whitney_houston.jpghttp://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-4/whitney-houston.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RIP few years ago I had her as a client I found her at the time to be very funny and likable

Did you know ahead of time you would be having her as a client? I can imagine the shock if you walked in and she was standing there. What a wonderful talent and so sad to see her gone.

Did you know ahead of time you would be having her as a client? I can imagine the shock if you walked in and she was standing there. What a wonderful talent and so sad to see her gone.

yeah I knew the day b4. It was back when I lived in duluth ga & she and bobby had a home in Alpharetta ga. I think around late 04. nice home over 7000sq feet I believe.

I'm so sad, hearing this!

Although I think we all knew it was inevitable, it's still hard to believe.

HUGE fan here...heartbroken & sad.

I feel for her mom & daughter,

RIP Whitney......... thanks for the music.

A voice that was so above and beyond many others of her genre, pure, exciting, soothing, soulful, andsooo talented. I was for decades a fan of her cousin Dionne Warwick, whose renditions of Burt Bacharach songs have never been matched in my humble opinion, and then along came Whitney with thatr larger than life vocal range, and excitment. So so sad.

From The LA Times Music Blog:

Houston died Saturday afternoon, a representative for the singer told the Associated Press. Houston’s death comes on the eve of the Grammys and on the night of Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy gala, at which she performed last year and was expected to attend this year.

No cause of death has been announced and law enforcement sources said the singer was found in a hotel room at the Beverly Hilton, where emergency medical personnel were called sometime Saturday.

The Hilton is the scene for Davis’ annual gala. On Thursday, Houston dropped by the rehearsals to offer vocal tips for Brandy and Monica, who were slated to be one of the evening’s headliners.

Press, including The Times, were in attendance for a junket with the reunited R&B divas and Davis. Though Houston greeted people her with a warm smile, she appeared disheveled in mismatched clothes and hair that was dripping wet with either sweat or water.

The visibly bloated singer displayed erratic behavior throughout the afternoon -- flailing her hands frenetically as she spoke to Brandy and Monica, skipping around the ballroom in a child-like fashion and wandering aimlessly about the lobby. It was mentioned by a Grammy staffer that security personnel received calls of the singer doing handstands by the pool.

After leaving rehearsals, Houston returned to the ballroom -- with her teenage daughter Bobbi Kristina in tow -- as camera crews set up for interviews. The singer smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. A Grammy staffer said that during the interviews with Brandy, Monica and Clive, Houston was dancing just off camera to make the singers and Davis laugh. Grammy personnel expressed concern that she'd be caught on camera, and that reporters would write about her behavior.

Finally her daughter pulled Houston out of the room, and the singer skipped off. In our post of the event, we called Houston's behavior "loose and lively."

“She really loves and supports us both. For me, I went through a lot of very tumultuous moments and she would show up, not just with a phone call but physically when I needed,” Monica said when we asked about Houston coaching them. “That's something that I've carried with me, especially with all that she's been going through over the years herself. She's never turned her back on the people she cared about.”

Later that evening Houston appeared at Hollywood nightclub Tru, for fellow R&B singer Kelly Price’s pre-Grammy party. "Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For the Love of R&B" served as both a celebration and a jam session to preserve that genre, which was scaled back from eight categories to four this year.

Houston was billed as one of the evening’s special invited guests but after her appearance earlier it was shocking to see the singer arrive. More put together in her appearance, Houston briefly sang a duet with Price. In what has become her final performance, clips of the two singing a gospel hymn made the rounds because of the singer’s unsteady vocals.

A potentially wonderful life filled with sadness and tragedy...Done to soon. I blame "Bobby" always have, always will.

Well, you are free to blame whomever you wish, but you may find yourself apologizing when all the facts are known. Drug addicts , in my opinion- please note that- are responsible for themselves.

Whitney Houston surely has been told many times what the consequences of her drug use would be if she did not stop, and she did not stop, so it appears.

Has anyone ever sung our National Anthem like this? She puts it balls to the walls and has none of the fear/danger/trepidation that others have had. She doesn't screw up the lyrics. She doesn't fear the impossibility of the range it requires. I love all of her hits, but tonite this is the one I can't get out of my head. So long, Whitney.

Well, you are free to blame whomever you wish, but you may find yourself apologizing when all the facts are known. Drug addicts , in my opinion- please note that- are responsible for themselves.

Whitney Houston surely has been told many times what the consequences of her drug use would be if she did not stop, and she did not stop, so it appears.

Max, that is a point well taken, and I will be the first to apologize should I realize that I have jumped to some conlusion, that being said however, I think you should know that I am far more knowledgable about drug addiction than I care to discuss here on this public forum. Suffice it to say, I have closely worked with people with addictions and the devastating effects it has on theirs lives for the better part of 23 years. 'IMHO' blaming the addict solely for all their actions is not that simple.

Dealing with addiction in anyones life incorporates a multitude of complicatians both medical and emotional. Whitneys drug of choice, detroys that portion of the brain that allows one the ability to make sound and rationale descisions. Telling someone the consequences of their drug addiction and telling them they need to stop is in most cases just not plausible. The brain is simply unable to understand nor care about the consequences that people warn about at that point of the addiction, until they 'hit bottom'

Each individual who suffers from addiction usually has very complicated situations surrounding their addiction, and their personal lives. most cannot or will not stop until they 'Hit bottom" and that bottom is different for every single person. Does Whitney bear some of that responsibility? absolutely, I didn't mean to suggest that she did not, however Bobby was an 'enabler', and for that reason he cetainly in my opinion bears the burden of that and a large portion of that responsibility. His goal was control. He knew that she loved him and in that sense trusted him. IMO... at that point if he is not part of the solution, then he becomes part of the problem.

In the coming months, everyone who is anyone will have some sort of an opinion, who knows which one among us will have the real answers. Most of what we will hear is pure speculation, as is my opinion also, but in the end I can't help how I feel, right or wrong, I still blame Bobby.

I personally would like to remember Whitney when she was doing great things with her music. That is the memory that I personally feel we should focus on...I loved her to death. We should count and be thankful for each moment of our lives.

Going forward, her death is a horrible tragedy. An irreplacable talent that influenced a generation of 'pop culture'....and in the end a life done to soon...

Whitney Houston was one of a kind and thank goodness for tapes, cds, music videos , the copies of her movies and all the archives that are available for us to enjoy for the rest of our lives. Listening and watching her sing "Saving all my love for you" right now on VH1. Sounds corny but the purity of her voice and the raw emotion that comes through gives me goose bumps.

She was and always will be for me and millions, a performer who took us away from the daily routine and transported us to a place where we could soar and know no limits. Her death stills a voice but not a soul. Let us all be grateful for the gifts she gave and enshrine her in our hearts.

Not interested in "details" and hope that the 24 news media will treat her with respect and dignity. She deserves that.

"The Greatest Love of All" is playing now--of all her hits, my favourite.

Archived