Who was your teenage crush (the guy that made you realize you REALLY liked guys) ?

Guest thedolphinsofaugust
This topic is 2221 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, talked in a british accent as a child for a while (thanks to Miss Hayley Mills)......

My poor parents. God love 'em.

Okie

LOL, I suspect many of our parents were puzzled by their strangeling child.

God I thought I was the only person in the world to remember Argentina Apollo.

I thought AA was the greatest. I saw him battle Ox Baker once. It sucked because Ox was the prearranged winner of the match. But AA was another clue to me as a kid that I had a thing for guys.

Some of the "child stars" already mentioned were certainly crushes of mine, but in a time when I wasn't out to myself enough yet to really understand what I was feeling when I looked at them, lol. Add Barry Williams (aka Greg Brady) to that list - also the character of Eddie Haskell from "Beaver" (not necessarily for his looks, though he was cute - but for his personality - that sly, mischevious, oily, patronizingly nice, troublemaker type. The kind of boy who could lure me into some private troublemaking of our own, lol.) Also add Johnny Whittaker to that list of cuties. And the two older sons on "My Three Sons" - I seem to remember they were hunks.

Also, in those formidable years when I wasn't quite sure WHAT I was feeling yet, there was "Emergency." And it's funny, because my (straight) younger brother was absolutely obsessed with that show - and I had fun watching it too - but while my brother was more caught up in the fires, the accidents, the rescues, and the drama, I was staring at the paramedics and firemen, lol. The two lead guys were Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe. Ah, those were the days...;-)

BUT - going back to the original question in a more serious way - the TV star that actually helped me *accept* my sexuality was Billy Crystal, in his openly gay character on Soap. Again, not so much a crush as just a role model. Thank god for him.

I don't think there was a time I didn't know. I remember checking out guys' asses in their little league uniforms and memorizing every curve during an at-bat. And I'm not talking about the pitch. When I got to Jr. High, there was GYM CLASS (and the locker room), which has horrible and thrilling all at once.

On TV, there was Flipper (Luke Halpin stripping off his shirt got my attention every time). And of course, Wild Wild West with Conrad's pants getting tighter with every episode. But I don't think I had an actual crush until the Hardee Boys. Most little girls and little gay boys had a crush on Shaun Cassidy, but I would have sold my soul for Parker Stevenson.

And along the way, of course, there was Michael Ontkean in Mod Squad, Erik Estrada in CHiPS, Dirk Benedict in Battlestar Galactica and half of the men in Dynasty, Falcon Crest, and Knotts Landing. (We're all forever in debt to Aaron Spelling!) And, lets have a tip of our hat to the archetype of making a living from being pretty: Robert Wagner.

Guest thedolphinsofaugust
I don't think there was a time I didn't know. I remember checking out guys' asses in their little league uniforms and memorizing every curve during an at-bat. And I'm not talking about the pitch. When I got to Jr. High, there was GYM CLASS (and the locker room), which has horrible and thrilling all at once.

On TV, there was Flipper (Luke Halpin stripping off his shirt got my attention every time). And of course, Wild Wild West with Conrad's pants getting tighter with every episode. But I don't think I had an actual crush until the Hardee Boys. Most little girls and little gay boys had a crush on Shaun Cassidy, but I would have sold my soul for Parker Stevenson.

And along the way, of course, there was Michael Ontkean in Mod Squad, Erik Estrada in CHiPS, Dirk Benedict in Battlestar Galactica and half of the men in Dynasty, Falcon Crest, and Knotts Landing. (We're all forever in debt to Aaron Spelling!) And, lets have a tip of our hat to the archetype of making a living from being pretty: Robert Wagner.

There are some names I don't know. I'm guessing you were a child in the 1960s and a teenage lad in the 70s? Luke Halpin looks amazingly like today's Zac Efron. Check out the resemblance:

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/11/128735102967658266.jpg

Oh yeah...Flipper was that show with the dolphin! Didn't Elijah Wood do the movie?

The Hardy Boys I think I saw on Vault Disney in the late 90s, but that was with Tommy Kirk and Tim Considine.

I never got the Erik Estrada CHiPS thing. I guess he was groundbreaking back then as a Latino sex symbol. Today he's known for that reality crap he did.

I recently discovered another stud from the past: Jon-Erik Hexum, who looks a bit like Pavel Novotny. MAJOR hunk. Does anybody else remember seeing this guy when he was a star?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Jon-Erik_arms.jpg

There are some names I don't know. I'm guessing you were a child in the 1960s and a teenage lad in the 70s? Luke Halpin looks amazingly like today's Zac Efron. Check out the resemblance:

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/11/128735102967658266.jpg

Oh yeah...Flipper was that show with the dolphin! Didn't Elijah Wood do the movie?

The Hardy Boys I think I saw on Vault Disney in the late 90s, but that was with Tommy Kirk and Tim Considine.

I never got the Erik Estrada CHiPS thing. I guess he was groundbreaking back then as a Latino sex symbol. Today he's known for that reality crap he did.

I recently discovered another stud from the past: Jon-Erik Hexum, who looks a bit like Pavel Novotny. MAJOR hunk. Does anybody else remember seeing this guy when he was a star?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Jon-Erik_arms.jpg

Jon-Erik Hexum was the crush for many a lad in the early 1980s. He was an actor and model best known as the star of the TV series "Voyager"; he was kind of a time traveler, with a kid whose mind ran circles around poor Jon-Erik's (yes it was one of those tedious programs where the kids are smarter and wiser than the adults, an American television staple one fears). He was a likable but not deeply talented performer.

Much more crushable was Hexum's performance as Joan Collins's delicious (and not so dumb) himbo in the TV movie "Making of a Male Model". There were many shirtless scenes, and Hexum revealed a very buxom body, to go with his blond gorgeous face. Although he was raised in New Jersey, Hexum had that "just fell out of a corn silo" look that screams American Midwest.

Hexum died in his prime, 1984, when he was fooling around with a gun on the set of another TV series ("Voyager" lasted only one season I think). The gun had been loaded with "blanks", which can harm you if you hold the gun close to your head, as Hexum did. The accident left him brain dead, and his family donated his still-healthy organs to needy recipients. His heart went to a dying man in Las Vegas; his two kidneys to an old man with cataracts and a young girl with eye problems; his brain was successfully transplanted into the young George W. Bush, replacing the organ that young W. had pickled through years of alcohol and drug abuse.

The kissable lips, strong jaw, unruly curly blondish hair, muscular body, and goofy personality made Jon-Erik Hexum my youthful crush.

gettin' a bit chicken hawk here...

Too young for me!

http://cineclubecovilha.com/image/screen/Hardy-Boys--Tower-Treasure-H33t.jpg

Michael Landon on "Bonanza" did it for me. And the actor who starred in "Wild, Wild West" (I don't remember his name). They used to find excuses to get him out of his shirt on almost every episode - and for good reason, he had one of the most perfectly developed muscular upper torsos every displayed on television. I would get all excited and bothered watching these two.

Jon-Erik Hexum was the crush for many a lad in the early 1980s. He was an actor and model best known as the star of the TV series "Voyager"; he was kind of a time traveler, with a kid whose mind ran circles around poor Jon-Erik's (yes it was one of those tedious programs where the kids are smarter and wiser than the adults, an American television staple one fears). He was a likable but not deeply talented performer.

Much more crushable was Hexum's performance as Joan Collins's delicious (and not so dumb) himbo in the TV movie "Making of a Male Model". There were many shirtless scenes, and Hexum revealed a very buxom body, to go with his blond gorgeous face. Although he was raised in New Jersey, Hexum had that "just fell out of a corn silo" look that screams American Midwest.

Hexum died in his prime, 1984, when he was fooling around with a gun on the set of another TV series ("Voyager" lasted only one season I think). The gun had been loaded with "blanks", which can harm you if you hold the gun close to your head, as Hexum did. The accident left him brain dead, and his family donated his still-healthy organs to needy recipients. His heart went to a dying man in Las Vegas; his two kidneys to an old man with cataracts and a young girl with eye problems; his brain was successfully transplanted into the young George W. Bush, replacing the organ that young W. had pickled through years of alcohol and drug abuse.

The kissable lips, strong jaw, unruly curly blondish hair, muscular body, and goofy personality made Jon-Erik Hexum my youthful crush.

William thank you for putting into words my memories of Jon-Eric Hexum. I remember being crushed when I heard of his accident. I was no teenager at the time, but I simply admired his body of work -- and his body. It was a great tragedy.

But I fear you do have faulty information. I have it on very good authority that there is no brain in W's head at all -- pickled or not. :)

Steve Reeves... and specifically as Romulus in the flogging scene from Duel of the Titans... I wanted to be that guy in that predicament... Incidentally that particular film also featured Gordon Scott as Remus and he wasn't chopped liver either..

Shaun Cassidy...and then Jimmy McNichol, his TV show was incredible. And living in SE PA we used to get this weird American Bandstand type teenage dance show from Philly on one of the more local TV channels. I could have watched those boys for hours. That would have been some time in the early 80s I suppose.

well, another Chris Atkins guy here....I remember when "Blue Lagoon" came out in the late 70s or so...I was maybe 15 and looking thru some "Teen Beat"-type mag at the local grocery store....there was a picture of Atkins in that jock/loin cloth-like thing he wore in most of the movie....that sexy and skimpy outfit, combined with his good body and face, made for an incredible picture.....

a couple years earlier, in 7th grade, I remember an 8th grader who always took a shower after gym.....he had already fully gone thru puberty and liked to show off, evidently.....after the shower, he'd stand for a few extra seconds too long at the shower exit and let people check him out, it seemed....good-looking guy, well-hung, already had a good bush going on....

when i was in the 3rd grade, i crashed my bike and was covered in gravel and broken glass slivers, some of which were embedded in my skin.....my friend, Barry's handsome tall built father ran to the road, picked me up into his arms, and carried me into his house where he gently took each piece of glass and gravel out of my skin with his thick large hairy hands.....prior to that day, i had never touched me with such care and concern....my mother was not affectionate and my father was abusive.....i remember that i cried myself to sleep that night and had my first erection....i have loved the gentle daddy type ever since

welcome back joseph and be well

i also had an experience with a handsome pedophile at the plaza hotel when i was a bit older.....i will spare the details as i am sure they could offensive to some.....in brief, he followed me to my hotel room (where i was left alone by my father for a few days) and forced his way into my room......i was so afraid, i was trembling.....he held me until my fear became tears.....and eventually covered my awkward chubby body with gentle kisses......he was my first experience with a man's cock and it was beautiful.....the guy was obviously a serial child molester/rapist, but he was a teen idol/movie star in my eyes,..... and he cemented my attraction to older men

I was also very hot for the wrestling Brisco brothers:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/849/167/Briscos_display_image.jpg?1302481879

And for this hot number, who I saw in person:

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/aapollo.jpg

This is Argentina Apollo, famous for his flying dropkick.

Decatura:

A gift!

BC

[video=youtube;_Cl64YsuLzk]

[video=youtube;XVQg5gRFrBw]