GleeMania!

This topic is 991 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes I use to think that as well about Greeks until last year. I hired this gentleman who drove from Chicago and met for lunch. He told me all about his Greek family and how well satisfied he keeps his conquests. We hit the room, we get comfortable, I pull the shorts down and quick checked my hand because I thought he had my pinky, yes PINKY. The smallest member I have ever seen on an adult male, no lie. 3 maybe 3-1/2" about 2" round. I honestly did not know what to do or say. I just kept thinking of that commercial from 25 years ago with the little old woman saying "Where's the Beef". So I aint so sure about the Greeks. To say things went downhill after that is putting it mildly.

Everyone seems to love Chord Overstreet's abs - I'll go for the very furry set on the body of Mr. Shue - Matthew Morrison who has been outed, by the way. Or Carl the dentists, the very greek John Stamos. And we all know what that means.

I'm not sure what you mean by Matthew Morrison outed. Everything I've read says he's straight. I mean it would be nice if he were gay-- but there has to be an occasional Broadway actor who is straight, doesn't there?

Gman

• 1 month later...
Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg

Regionals........

LUV IT LUV IT LUV IT!!

The Glee train keeps moving full speed ahead....and this episode was especially full of musical numbers, including Santana's "Trouty Mouth", Kurt's "Blackbird", and Mercedies' "Hell to the No." ("But my butt, Mr. Shue, that song was amazing!")

And......at last.......Blaine makes a move for Kurt.

I particularly liked the group's number at Regionals, "Loser Like Me".

[video=youtube;nbsl84aAaNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbsl84aAaNE

[video=youtube;5nr1oKmntOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nr1oKmntOc

[video=youtube;FQ59jBudWwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ59jBudWwQ

• 2 weeks later...

Adriano's comment about Glee on another thrread prompted me to revive this one, since I didn't want to hijack the other.

The past few month's, I've noticed that Glee has become a 'second tier' show for me. (Although I DVR everything, there are shows - 'first tier' - that I watch the same evenng, sometimes beginning 15 minutes after they start, so I can fast-forward through the commercials.) 'Second tier' shows are those I watch AFTER the first tier, often several days after the original broadcast.)

Part of it may be that some of the novelty has worn off. And I'm not liking the musical numbers they do lately as much. I'm also really tired of the Quinn/Finn cycle -break up/make/repeat.

And I miss Kurt as part of the group.

Anyone else feeling similarly. Or if not, what about the show is holding your interest?

• 3 weeks later...

I was a great fan - super fan one would say - but lately the plots are getting more and more stretched and lame (if nonsensical) and the singing/dancing numbers are becoming so over the top professional it is fast losing any appeal for me. They dragged this out with only a teaser about the "prom" (which was plastered all over the internet in the last 24 hours), only to be told it will be next week.... Seeing now that Kurt will be returning to his original milieu, it now is clear the plot that was leaked all over the internet is actually very probable. Still, I miss the older way of the show.

I should have added that comment that I too loved G. Paltrow's rendition of "turning tables" -- but still thought the entire show was just a cheap and juvenile way to highlight nearly all the people's SOLO acts, and a poor concept (come on, an audience of only 5 or 6 hecklers in a school auditorium???) well the writers need to get back to basics or they will continue to lose fans along the way. Maybe a big graduation and losing the entire first string of actors on the series is the only way to go.

Gwyneth's rendition was amazing. It does feel that the show is getting a bit too over developed and polished. It is increasingly hard to believe this is a high school glee club. I love the positive messages and the creativity, but it is losing some of its underdog appeal. That being said, I'm still a sucker for the music.

...lately the plots are getting more and more stretched and lame (if nonsensical) and the singing/dancing numbers are becoming so over the top professional it is fast losing any appeal for me. Still, I miss the older way of the show.

Yes, I hear what you are saying and wholeheartedly concur. I still enjoy the show but feel it's losing its x factor...its original mojo...its je ne se qua.

Yes, I hear what you are saying and wholeheartedly concur. I still enjoy the show but feel it's losing its x factor...its original mojo...its je ne se qua.

I agree and confess: I now watch Glee only because of Chord Overstreet....A peek at his awesome shirtless chest makes up for all the silliness involved. I find the rest so "fast forwardable".....

Glee never has been a show to watch for realism. :cool: (Where the HELL did they get that gospel choir? Why didn't they send THEM to Sectionals/Regionals/Nationals?)

The show tends to fire on all cylinders only every third episode or so, and this week's wasn't one of them.

The blogosphere is buzzing because apparently an extra tweeted who wins the homecoming king/queen contest.

• 10 years later...