GleeMania!

This topic is 991 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I guess I am a minority of one. I have been called fag before in ways that were meant to be hurtful and did in fact hurt. But in the context of last night's show I thought Finn was unfairly called out for calling various items of decor faggy. In his place I might have used the same word.

In the context of the show's plot, there is a teenager whose world has been turned upside down since he and his mom moved into another guy's house. And this guy's gay son has his eyes set on Finn. Finn was the victim. Not Kurt.

Guest andrewd
. But in the context of last night's show I thought Finn was unfairly called out for calling various items of decor faggy. In his place I might have used the same word.

In the context of the show's plot, there is a teenager whose world has been turned upside down since he and his mom moved into another guy's house. And this guy's gay son has his eyes set on Finn. Finn was the victim. Not Kurt.

Doe Be Doe, I can see your point and I even thought Kurt's dad's reaction was a bit overly dramatic and unnecessary to boot Finn from the house. I think a more teachable moment would have been to counsel, but then again, who among us is not guilty at one time or another of a knee jerk reaction. Plus, his reaction made for more dramatic TV.

As to Kurt being predatory and manipulative, I agree with you there as well. But I also feel like part of the story line was to illustrate what society considers acceptable. The use of the word 'fag' isn't considered on the same level as the 'n' word; which I can't even bring myself to spell out here, while the former word doesn't elicit the same emotion.

Along those lines, if Kurt where a female classmate of Finn's and had gone to the lengths to get close to Finn that he did, would she be considered predatory and would we will still think Finn a victim? I would venture a guess that words like, sneaky, possibly manipulative would be used to describe her, but probably not predatory, nor would Finn be considered so much a victim. Again, it speaks to what society considers acceptable.

That is what I took from the story line and what I feel Kurt's dad expressed so very eloquently.

Just my thoughts and observations...

An old saying that I heard in my younger days: if a male teacher goes after a female student it is a crime. If a female teacher goes after a male student, she's doing him a favor.

We don't think that way anymore.

I think if it were a girl instead of Kurt doing all Kurt did, I'd still call her a predator.

In the end, I just thought the whole scene was too contrived and artificial.

Now, if only I could find tickets to the Glee cast concert today or tomorrow at Radio City.

Guest greatness

oh my

Please be safe~~ :)

He is SO hot, sexy and talented....and I SO want him to breed my throat!

;)

Matthew Morrison Shirtless in "Vogue" Spread...

Mr. Schue is showing off his beefcake-hot abs in a sexy photo spread in the June 2010 issue of Vogue. Matthew Morrison told Jay Leno this week that he starved before the shoot and ate 10 sloppy joe's immediately afterwards.

http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/matthewmorrison2.jpg

Edited by JackTwist

Adam Lambert, too??

Gleenglish Invasion...Susan Boyle is rumored to be making a cameo appearance on Glee as the school's lunch lady. Not such a stretch!

Apparently Susan Boyle's appearance will be part of Glee's Christmas episode...should be fun and amusing. There's also rumblings of a guest appearance by Adam Lambert on Glee next season. Apparently Adam's been approached about the idea and has said he would definitely do Glee IF they come up with "the right role" for him.

Just Married: Jane Lynch

Jane Lynch, "Sue Sylvester" on Glee, legally married psychologist Lara Embry this week in Massachusetts. Lynch has also reportedly developed a close relationship with Embry's eight-year-old daughter Haden, who helps her practice the song and dance numbers for Glee.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UbT7xdyR2jo/TAfn5xhB3RI/AAAAAAAAAFY/3tMLgzqaDCc/s1600/lynchspan-articleLarge.jpg

John Stamos joining the cast of GLEE next season??

When you're watching tonight's season finale of GLEE, and Emma mentions that she's been dating her dentist, go ahead and draw yourself a mental picture of…John Stamos! This is the advice of several websites reporting that Fox and "Uncle Jesse" have signed a deal for him to recur next season as Mr. Schu's competition for neurotic Emma's attention.

http://celebrity-pics.movieeye.com/celebrity_pictures/John_Stamos_634960.jpg

Edited by JackTwist

• 5 weeks later...

2010 Emmy Nominations: 19!

2010 Prime time Emmy Award nominations were announced today and GLEE swept the nods with a total of 19 nominations, including:

Best Comedy: Glee

Best Actor in Comedy: Matthew Morrison

Best Actress in Comedy: Lea Michele

Best Supporting Actor in Comedy: Chris Colfer

Best Supporting Actress in Comedy: Jane Lynch

Among others, Kristin Chenoweth got a nod for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as April Rhodes.

Among others, Kristin Chenoweth got a nod for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as April Rhodes.

Technically, it's for Guest Appearance. Chenowith is competing with Jane Lynch for her appearance on "Two and a Half Men", both Tina Fey and Betty White for hosting SNL, Kathryn Joosten for "Desperate Housewives", Elaine Stritch for "30 Rock", and Christine Baransky for some show I've never seen.

That's a whopper of a category!

Technically, it's for Guest Appearance...That's a whopper of a category!

Of course you are right, Deej. I got ahead of myself and left off "Guest Appearance." You are also correct that this category is filled with great contenders. For once in a long while, I'm eagerly anticipating the Emmy Awards broadcast.

Edited by JackTwist

For once in a long while, I'm eagerly anticipating the Emmy Awards broadcast.

Agree, if only for the Guest appearance categories. Guest Actress in a Drama includes Sissy Spacek, Shirley Jones, Lily Tomlin, and Ann Margaret. Quite a horse race in this category too!

It's shaping up to be a night of divas. What's not to like? :cool:

Lynch on Leno 2Night...

Btw, Jane Lynch will be a guest on this evening's episode of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (Thursday, July 8).

http://wellthatdepends.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/6a00d83451c17f69e2011571d47d6e970b-800wi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Burnett has worked with Matthew Morrison before in the Disney remake of "Once Upon a Mattress".

We're not the only ones who like this show, kids. Creator Ryan Murphy recently received a mix tape CD with a hand-written note from Sir Paul McCartney asking if they'd like to use some of his songs.

I suspect they would like that. ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg

Colour Me Gleek!!

If you haven't yet seen the season opener, then you best be gone quickly!!

I thought the show was gr.r.r.reat.

We moved through some of last season's storylines quickly(bubye baby, bubye Ken Tonaka, bubye Matt), we were introduced to a number of interesting new characters(Coach Beiste, Sam Evans, Sunshine), and we got to hear some kick-ass numbers.

I'm so glad it's back. :):)

Here's Sunshine(Charice), singing "Listen" from Dreamgirls.

[video=youtube;_LRHAi76N-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LRHAi76N-Q