GleeMania!

This topic is 1001 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Madonna Versus Britney Spears: which episode do you feel was the best in terms of music, choreography, etc.? Anyone? Just curious.

I personally enjoyed the Madonna episode more, probably because I know her music better than Britney's. Thought they were both very good though.

Get used to repeats. The next "new" episode will be the post-Superbowl episode. (i.e. some time in January)

Last year, the Glee season was broken up because of the Olympics which wiped a couple of weeks off of the schedule mid-season. This year, I guess they figured the mid-season hiatus worked so they're doing it again over the holidays. (That's my guess, anyway.)

Thanks Deej -- I guess I have to just sit and replay (re-run??) all my You Tube favorites of Darren and the Warblers.... and dream (hope) the producers will do a few more from the prep school (maybe post-cricket shower singing; midnight dorm raids etc...)

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg
Madonna Versus Britney Spears: which episode do you feel was the best in terms of music, choreography, etc.? Anyone? Just curious.

I vote for the Madonna episode.

As CowboyUp stated, Madonna's music was a bigger part of my dancing years. By the time Britney came along, I was more inclined to the rocking chair.;)

Back in the day....

And why oh why did we have back-to-back REPEAT episodes this week? I cannot figure out this new thing in the US on the major stations of having repeats even before a season ends.... (sigh - for the years when re-runs only happened in the summer...)

I can't speak to why there were back to back episodes this week. I would speculate that it has to do with the show's popularity and absent a new episode, 2 reruns thematically linked to pop star divas might garner great ratings.

As to the idea of reruns during the season instead of the summer. I can give some small insight into that. Back in the day when I was part of the cast of a television drama, we always took two weeks off production during the holidays. So as not to run out of episodes to air, the network often would fill our time slot with "specials". Given the season, back in those days, holiday specials were a staple of the networks. Every great singer had a holiday special, and even the variety shows that saturated the networks, often had a holiday special.

Times have changed, and the television season is fragmented into three seasons now:

The fall season (traditional time to broadcast new shows),

The winter season, which used to be called mid-season but now is used to air premiere episodes of shows like American Idol, and then

The summer season, which used to have reruns and some few first run shows,(many variety types that would fill-in for the regular shows.) Sometimes these fill-ins would go on to become regular season shows in their own right.

Anyway, gone are the days of 26 episode commitments from the networks which is how many episodes we filmed each year.

Sorry to get so long winded. Probably way more than you were looking for in the way of an answer.

SAG Award noms were announced today. Glee did well:

* Best Ensemble Cast

* Female Actor in a Comedy: Jane Lynch

* Male Actor in a Comedy: Chris Colfer

(Chris Colfer has to be peeing himself!)

The only one they have a chance at (IMO) is the Ensemble one.

Jane Lynch is up against most of the Golden Globe best actress nominees plus Betty White. I'll take Betty White for $1000, Alex.

I can't see SAG member voting for Colfer over, say, Ed O'Neil for "Modern Family" or Alec Baldwin for "30 Rock". (Although perhaps jackhammer can give insight?)

As I said, "it's an honor just to be nominated".

SAG Award noms were announced today. Glee did well:

* Best Ensemble Cast

* Female Actor in a Comedy: Jane Lynch

* Male Actor in a Comedy: Chris Colfer

(Chris Colfer has to be peeing himself!)

The only one they have a chance at (IMO) is the Ensemble one.

Jane Lynch is up against most of the Golden Globe best actress nominees plus Betty White. I'll take Betty White for $1000, Alex.

I can't see SAG member voting for Colfer over, say, Ed O'Neil for "Modern Family" or Alec Baldwin for "30 Rock". (Although perhaps jackhammer can give insight?)

As I said, "it's an honor just to be nominated".

As a has been actor, I would vote for Chris any day of the week. His character and his performance are way more challenging than anyone else in that category. His storyline this season has stretched the envelope and he deserves the recognition and he will get my vote.

As a has been actor, I would vote for Chris any day of the week. His character and his performance are way more challenging than anyone else in that category. His storyline this season has stretched the envelope and he deserves the recognition and he will get my vote.[/color][/size][/font]

Much appreciated, pimp daddy! Will keep my fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the FOX tv network should consider moving their hit tv to a new night and time slot. This way Glee doesn't continue in getting crushed in the ratings by sometimes the #1 scripted show, NCIS over on CBS.

Forced, muddled and disjointed episode...

I really enjoy Glee most of the time. But, did anyone else feel Sunday night's Post-Superbowl episode was disjointed and weak on character-development & plot? A couple of musical numbers were terrific, like "Need You Now" and "Thriller" but, imho, the production overall felt as forced, muddled and incohesive as Christina Aguilara's rendition of the National Anthem!

Well, honestly, Glee isn't exactly known for character development and plot. ::chuckle::

You may have noticed they opened with a musical number, which they don't normally do. They knew that this was their introduction to a whole bunch of drunk straight guys who just watched the Super Bowl.

Consider it a sample plate for the uninitiated: include one of everything. Tits first (and a Katy Perry song), then some slushie action (appeal to the neanderthals), some Beyonce (even if it's sung by guys), and "Thriller". One of everything.

(And considering the target audience of drunk football fans, it's probably no coincidence that this is the first episode where they didn't get Chord Overstreet's shirt off. ;))

Consider it a sample plate for the uninitiated: include one of everything. Tits first (and a Katy Perry song), then some slushie action (appeal to the neanderthals), some Beyonce (even if it's sung by guys), and "Thriller". One of everything.

(And considering the target audience of drunk football fans, it's probably no coincidence that this is the first episode where they didn't get Chord Overstreet's shirt off. ;))

deej, you make a great point. I hadn't even consider the network's broader target audience for this episode. Perhaps I'm just overly irritable from withdrawals of not seeing Chord's hot abs, pecs and nips. Now it all makes more sense!

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg
Perhaps I'm just overly irritable from withdrawals of not seeing Chord's hot abs, pecs and nips.

Enjoy! ;)

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae139/DuchessIvanaKizznhugg/Glee-Shirtles-Guys-1.jpg

And let's not forget original hottie Mark Salling :)

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae139/DuchessIvanaKizznhugg/mark-salling-shirtless-picture.jpg

The ratings post-Super Bowl were, predictably, through the roof.

Interestingly, though, it had more viewers than any scripted show on any network in the last three years. (Some game show had more, but not a scripted show.) If they keep even a small fraction of those viewers Glee will be a juggernaut.

Interesting twists in tonight's program - among various charater story lines, it began down the route of Kurt and Blaine NOT being for each other (at least in Blaire's eyes); by the end of ther program, it seems the writers and producers are having second thoughts on this, and it was done with some nice twists and very good taste. No really WOW songs but interesting program nontheless.

This week's "Glee" episode was one of my favorites of the season. Reminded me of last year's Valentine's Days at my office where no one got what they really wanted. It was the Valentine's Day episode, but there wasn't really any romance. Quinn cheated on Sam. Puck got stood up by Lauren. Finn officially dumped Rachel. Finn & Quinn got mono. Kurt did not get with Blaine. I suppose all this is a good thing though, it builds the suspense.

I'll take any of the regular Glee glee club guys except-- I'm not sure-Kurt and I would be a good match. I wouldn't mind him for a friend-- but he really is boyish looking compared to the others- and I mean young boy looking. While not my 1st choice, I might even be willing to settle for Artie. I mean he seems to be satisfying Brittany well enough. In my list of likes I'm obviously including Mr. Shue, Jesse St James, Blaine, and Carl the dentist.

Gman

Everyone seems to love Chord Overstreet's abs - I'll go for the very furry set on the body of Mr. Shue - Matthew Morrison who has been outed, by the way. Or Carl the dentists, the very greek John Stamos. And we all know what that means.