J.K. Rowling "Nazis didn't burn trans books"...

OP note: I guess the Nazis weren't as bad! Can she go back to write books about witchcraft? 

TIMESOFINDIA.INDIATIMES.COM

UK News: J K Rowling's denial of Nazis burning books on trans healthcare sparked a heated debate. She questioned the post source, drawing responses about SA me

5 hours ago, Pensant said:

Anything to get her name front and center!

I don't think she needs fame or money. 

2 hours ago, Socalguy said:

What a disappointment she turned out to be. 🙄

This is what happens when a welfare queen becomes rich and famous. 

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

I don't think she needs fame or money. 

This is what happens when a welfare queen becomes rich and famous. 

Her being a 'welfare queen' has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of successful artists/singers/writers who were on public assistance who turned out to be famous and considerate human beings. A bitch is a bitch regardless if they received public assistance or were born rich. In fact, I would venture to guess that the artist born into money are the bigger assholes, I e. Tucker Carlson and Kid Rock

Rowling has opinions and she's vilified because some of those opinions don't support the present zeitgeist.  I didn't see anything in the article that suggests she is taking a soft-line approach to Nazi atrocities.  Rather, she is questioning whether trans people were the first targets of the Nazi regime, and whether or not all of the research was destroyed.  There is nothing wrong with questioning a source - anyone who is a critical thinker should be questioning the source of the information that is being put out there, especially in this age when anyone can post anything as fact with little to no consequence.  The days are long gone when spreading misleading information was considered bad form and inappropriate.  Today we seem preoccupied with how information makes us feel, not whether it is accurate or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd wager that JK Rowling has looked into whatever she's talking about. Which is more that most people do. The world needs more JK Rowlings who are able to survive cancellation. 
I may not agree with everything she says but I'm grateful that she tells the truth as she sees it. People should not be required to think the same things.