Johnsons upcoming locations

I saw that too. Matt’s Facebook page shows he was just in Chicago visiting numerous bars…including the Lucky Horseshoe. 

Based on Matt’s postings, a future Atlanta location seems further down the path…but I guess we’ll see. 

I’ll be thankful to have a non-Florida location to see hot guys shake their stuff and spend my gay $ at. 

3 hours ago, rojjodc said:

I think dancers would like it as well as Chicago is so much nicer than Florida in the summer months.

Yeah, but damn…..those winters. 🥶

(note: I grew up midway between Indy & Chicago, but have lived in Florida since ‘85.)

2 hours ago, jeezopete said:
6 hours ago, rojjodc said:

I think dancers would like it as well as Chicago is so much nicer than Florida in the summer months.

Yeah, but damn…..those winters. 🥶

(note: I grew up midway between Indy & Chicago, but have lived in Florida since ‘85.)

I have seriously been looking at moving to Chicago and Ft Lauderdale when I retire in four years, spending  summers in Chicago and winters in Fort Lauderdale.  But the one thing that was keeping me from becoming too firm on that plan was the lack of gay strip clubs with lap dances in Chicago.  This is good news for me!

Edited by Vegas_Millennial
Grammar

Atlanta has made it more difficult to operate a fully nude club since the heyday of Swinging Richard’s. Dare we expect that an Atlanta Johnson’s would return to this tradition? Tricky zoning/grandfathering laws. 

15 hours ago, chitownguy said:

If they do open a club in Chicago the dancers would not be able to go fully nude.  The liquor laws do not allow nude dancing in clubs that serve alcohol.

The way we're positioned, I think a nearby suburb could also be an option. Boystown might not work, but who knows?

I'd actually be very willing to invest/partner with Matt. If anyone has his contact info, please let me know

Edited by CHIberia

My hunch is they try to buy something that’s already existing because there aren’t many empty bar locations in Boystown and I can’t imagine it going anywhere else. But getting a liquor license in Chicago is brutal. I would be surprised if this happens soon.

Why report  a new location in a city without an opening date and it is definitely happening?  If there is no date, I am assume it is only a wish.  Living in Atlanta I've heard the rumor of Johnsons coming here for years.  I'll believe it when I hear a date and location.

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be moving fast regarding the Chicago location.  Matt's FB page indicates they are already looking to hire dancers/bar staff/etc.  That suggests to me that an opening might be just a few weeks away.    I have no inside info, but I'm going with the rumor that they are taking over the Horseshoe.  Matt was in Chicago recently and he did visit the Lucky Horseshoe during his visit.  

17 minutes ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

I was told that they bought the recently vacated Berlin club on Belmont. Any word on this?  

Now that’s interesting. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I don’t think we’ll have to wait long…it seems Matt is already moving to Chicago. 

Oh, that's right. Berlin did close after 40 years.   Although there is a builder proposal to re-develop 200 W Belmont, but it does not seem to be the building that housed Berlin. This will be interesting, if true.  Montreal, meet Chicago and walk from Lucky Horseshoe to Johnson's !

2 hours ago, rojjodc said:

Oh, that's right. Berlin did close after 40 years.   Although there is a builder proposal to re-develop 200 W Belmont, but it does not seem to be the building that housed Berlin. This will be interesting, if true.  Montreal, meet Chicago and walk from Lucky Horseshoe to Johnson's !

Wasn't Berlin a very large club?  Not sure that's well-suited to become a male strip club if so.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:14 PM, CHIberia said:

I heard he's working with the owner Bobby Love's. I'm pretty sure this is accurate. He's also just moving to Chicago as we speak.

Hmmmm….that seems strange. Bobby Love’s seems so small. The one in Florida is big. On one side is the bar separated by a wall from the stage room with a stage big enough for 3 or 4 dancers at a time.