Grindr question

Starlight77

What is good language to put in your Grindr profile to let guys know that you are willing to be generous without saying it right out?   I've never tried this Grindr angle before but I'm curious what I could find local to me.    

Thanks 

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Any indication of money for sex on Grindr will get you banned from the site.

They know all the subtle hints too.

So I wouldn't try.

Yeah, I second this.

Plus, it's annoying as fuck on a site designed for non-paid hookups to constantly sift through messages with GEN in them.

It's bad enough that Grindr now has a ton of women on the grid.

59 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Yeah, I second this.

Plus, it's annoying as fuck on a site designed for non-paid hookups to constantly sift through messages with GEN in them.

It's bad enough that Grindr now has a ton of women on the grid.

That is very true. It is also the case that sometimes Grindr is the only game in town so it turns into the swiss army knife of apps.

You’ll get banned, that’s inevitable! I wasn’t even advertising but my pictures probably implied that I was for hire (if I was posting the correct pictures of course 😏) and I’d get enquiries, and a few clients but someone must have complained because I got warned (which was simply an indication to me to be more careful / subtle) and then banned. If you solicit or buy on there you’ll end up banned. 

Actually  think that’s fair enough, it’s not meant for paid gigs or hiring and there’s plenty of better places to advertise for that. The quality of clients I had from Grindr was low (unreliable/flaky). You’ll probably find the quality of guys you hire is similarly low.

Yet somehow people manage to indicate drug use with impunity. Sure it will block you from putting certain words in your profile. But lots of people still use coded language. Why is hiring any different? 

4 hours ago, Jamie21 said:

You’ll get banned, that’s inevitable! I wasn’t even advertising but my pictures probably implied that I was for hire (if I was posting the correct pictures of course 😏) and I’d get enquiries, and a few clients but someone must have complained because I got warned (which was simply an indication to me to be more careful / subtle) and then banned. If you solicit or buy on there you’ll end up banned. 

Actually  think that’s fair enough, it’s not meant for paid gigs or hiring and there’s plenty of better places to advertise for that. The quality of clients I had from Grindr was low (unreliable/flaky). You’ll probably find the quality of guys you hire is similarly low.

Grindr responds to reports?! That's news to me. I've reported several guys for being fake (because they're using pics of IG celebs) and they've never took them down.

2 hours ago, newdad said:

Grindr responds to reports?! That's news to me. I've reported several guys for being fake (because they're using pics of IG celebs) and they've never took them down.

I don’t think they’re all that bothered about fake pics, unless the pic owner complains. It’s quite difficult to police if someone is using pics that aren’t theirs. But I think having professionals using the app to sell services goes against their business model, and is unlawful in some countries so I guess there’s a legal aspect to it too. 

11 hours ago, Bokomaru said:

Yet somehow people manage to indicate drug use with impunity. Sure it will block you from putting certain words in your profile. But lots of people still use coded language. Why is hiring any different? 

For the same reason craigslist had to shut down their personals...the law now imposes severe penalties on platforms for promoting/facilitating sex work.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't write on my profile, just go ahead and message the studs.
I'm an older man; if they reply, there is a good chance they are game.
I was scrolling through Grindr when I saw my daughter's old high school buddy. His profile was just a torso, but I recognized him by his birthmarks. He was all grown up now, and let me tell you, he was a sight for sore eyes.(I didn't show my face eithe) So I messaged him.
He replied, we exchanged a few messages, then I mentioned a few perks...you know... 
After seeing my face, he disappeared for a couple of days but reached out to say he was horny, wanted to go on a boat ride etc...
So yeah, we had a couple of sneaky meetups.