Did Queen consort Letizia of Spain cheat on King Felipe VI?

marylander1940

OP note: So far newspapers in Spain are not talking about it but the in UK they're obsessed reading about it and comparing it to tampon gate, etc. 

NYPOST.COM

Queen Letizia's ex-brother-in-law has claimed that he had a relationship with the 51-year-old royal.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The royal, 51, appeared in high spirits as she arrived at the exclusive Pabú restaurant with King Felipe in Madrid this afternoon.

2022-0630-01-letizia01.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

there’s a lot more going on with this story.  It’s likely a political hit job on the Spanish royals due to King Felipe’s role in the recent elections & his subsequent constitutional duties.  when the conservatives couldn’t form a government (the King had to ask them first), he then had to ask the liberals to form a government, which they did. there was a huge backlash & riots in the streets.  

the person making the cheating allegations is a well-known associate of some of the conservative groups.  the aim is to damage the King & Queen. 

55 minutes ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

Spain doesn't have a rabid culture of tabloid journalism as it exists in the UK.  UK "journalism" feeds on precisely these type stories.

That may be a legacy of the fascist  regime of   Franco. When I was in Spain in 1973 the government banned naked women in Playboy Magazine 

Edited by WilliamM

45 minutes ago, Pensant said:

There are times when I wish that I were living in a constitutional monarchy.

agree - not the British model though

More like a Scandinavian monarchy where they are not “anointed by God” & are more among the people.  The Norwegian & Spanish royals aren’t actually rich at all.  More like real public servants