Toronto provider detained by US Immigration and refused entry

TorontoDrew
Go to solution Solved by keroscenefire,

Prostitution is illegal in the US involving transit by federal law. It has nothing to do with "illegally working" anymore than coming here to murder for pay is "working" illegally. It is a question of morals and the rejection is based on bad moral character that prostitution or solicitation shows. Every.single.rejection is based on "moral character". And, of course it's done with facial recognition. CBP announced when it started facial recognition.  I'm not sure why physical passports are as important now.. Europe has been using facial recognition at many airports for years in lieu of passport. 

The biggest company that collects Rentmen and many other sex websites' face photos is Clearview. They sell that database not only to the US government but to local police and states and to private businesses, including banks and credit agencies. They've been sued many times unsuccessfully and are not allowed to operate in most of Europe by laws against invasion of privacy. 

If you watch your targeted ads online you will realize how pervasive facial recognition is. Months ago I noticed the night after a random stop-in trip to Nordstrom Rack where I have no accounts or history to look at some Tumi luggage, after which I bought nothing and had no contact with either, I immediately began getting targeted ads for Nordstrom Rack and Tumi as soon as I got home. I had done no searches for either. I've noticed other targeted ads after only random physical visits places. A year ago a mother with a girl scout troop was expelled from Radio City Music Hall because facial recognition identified her as working for a law firm that had sued NBC. The "face" record was from a directory the law firm published that NBC had from Clearview's database of faces. In the past year facial recognition has snowballed into being ubiquitous in society. Even credit bureaus and HR's easily have your face connected to your online and personal history.  

It's prudent to not make a full-face photo available very often. The one the government requires for "Real-ID" is not public. (But the government most-assuredly knows everyone possible by face and buys Clearview databases to match with them). I think it's great that providers have been pioneers lately in avoiding full-face photos, at least in profile pics. I'd personally suggest they refer to their services as "massage" in ads. The clients who argue "I'll never hire someone without a good face pic" may end up being  some of the first victims as prohibition enforcement shifts to solicitation as the main crime. Facial recognition is crossing a lot more boundaries now than just border enforcement.   

Edited by tassojunior

7 hours ago, tassojunior said:

Prostitution is illegal in the US involving transit by federal law. It has nothing to do with "illegally working" anymore than coming here to murder for pay is "working" illegally. It is a question of morals and the rejection is based on bad moral character that prostitution or solicitation shows. Every.single.rejection is based on "moral character". And, of course it's done with facial recognition. CBP announced when it started facial recognition.  I'm not sure why physical passports are as important now.. Europe has been using facial recognition at many airports for years in lieu of passport. 

The biggest company that collects Rentmen and many other sex websites' face photos is Clearview. They sell that database not only to the US government but to local police and states and to private businesses, including banks and credit agencies. They've been sued many times unsuccessfully and are not allowed to operate in most of Europe by laws against invasion of privacy. 

If you watch your targeted ads online you will realize how pervasive facial recognition is. Months ago I noticed the night after a random stop-in trip to Nordstrom Rack where I have no accounts or history to look at some Tumi luggage, after which I bought nothing and had no contact with either, I immediately began getting targeted ads for Nordstrom Rack and Tumi as soon as I got home. I had done no searches for either. I've noticed other targeted ads after only random physical visits places. A year ago a mother with a girl scout troop was expelled from Radio City Music Hall because facial recognition identified her as working for a law firm that had sued NBC. The "face" record was from a directory the law firm published that NBC had from Clearview's database of faces. In the past year facial recognition has snowballed into being ubiquitous in society. Even credit bureaus and HR's easily have your face connected to your online and personal history.  

It's prudent to not make a full-face photo available very often. The one the government requires for "Real-ID" is not public. (But the government most-assuredly knows everyone possible by face and buys Clearview databases to match with them). I think it's great that providers have been pioneers lately in avoiding full-face photos, at least in profile pics. I'd personally suggest they refer to their services as "massage" in ads. The clients who argue "I'll never hire someone without a good face pic" may end up being  some of the first victims as prohibition enforcement shifts to solicitation as the main crime. Facial recognition is crossing a lot more boundaries now than just border enforcement.   

Lovely. The CPD is one of their customers.

However, so is the ICE, so they could be using it on anyone who wants to "work illegally" in the U.S. Or "be in the U.S. illegally" for that matter.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:34 AM, tassojunior said:

If you watch your targeted ads online you will realize how pervasive facial recognition is. Months ago I noticed the night after a random stop-in trip to Nordstrom Rack where I have no accounts or history to look at some Tumi luggage, after which I bought nothing and had no contact with either, I immediately began getting targeted ads for Nordstrom Rack and Tumi as soon as I got home

I pretty much agree with your post, but I’d like to point out that there’s a simpler explanation for your Tumi example, rather than facial recognition: location tracking, which is also pernicious and much more ubiquitous thanks to the  tracking devices we all carry on our person. 

For what it's worth, depending on what state you're in Clearview allows various opt-outs. Of course the way one opts out is to provide a face pic, which seems a bit sketchy... sort of like handing the wolf keys to the hen house. But it's available nevertheless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 7:00 PM, TorontoDrew said:

A Toronto provider I know was recently held in confinement for 14 hours at US Immigration, questioned and ultimately refused entry.

I would recommend to any non US based provider to hide their face on RM if they ever plan to travel to the US for any reason.  I recently contacted a new Toronto provider and recommended removing his face for this reason.

I dont know for sure how they are recognizing sex workers but they are getting the information some how.

He posted this article on Twitter.

NOVARAMEDIA.COM

Vague and discriminatory laws can bar sex workers from entering the US, but they’re inconsistently applied...

Do you have a link to this guy's twitter? You said he'd posted a link to the article, I'm curious if he also talked about his experience on there too

• 2 weeks later...