"The View" - Season 27 : Discuss...

Ali Gator

Tuesday, September 5, 2023:  The six ladies of The View return for Season 27. For the past 3 seasons, the show has remained the #1 daytime talk show among all syndicated and network daytime talk shows, averaging just under 3M viewers.

Whoopi Goldberg continues as moderator Monday - Thursday for her 17th season (it's been said she's contracted until 2025), and Joy Behar continues as a panelist Tuesday - Thursday and Friday moderator (she's been with the show for 25 seasons, stepping away from 2013 and 2014 when she was fired, but returning in 2015).  Sarah Haines, Ana Navarro, Sunny Hostin and Alyssa Farah Griffin also are returning cohosts. What is new for Season 27 is the set and the table which the hosts gather around each day.

Ok fellow VIEWers, let the conversation begin for Season 27 ...

20 hours ago, Ali Gator said:

Tuesday, September 5, 2023:  The six ladies of The View return for Season 27. For the past 3 seasons, the show has remained the #1 daytime talk show among all syndicated and network daytime talk shows, averaging just under 3M viewers.

Whoopi Goldberg continues as moderator Monday - Thursday for her 17th season (it's been said she's contracted until 2025), and Joy Behar continues as a panelist Tuesday - Thursday and Friday moderator (she's been with the show for 25 seasons, stepping away from 2013 and 2014 when she was fired, but returning in 2015).  Sarah Haines, Ana Navarro, Sunny Hostin and Alyssa Farah Griffin also are returning cohosts. What is new for Season 27 is the set and the table which the hosts gather around each day.

Ok fellow VIEWers, let the conversation begin for Season 27 ...

I watched some of today's show and found that it couldn't retain my interest.  I am sick of #45 up to the hilt and wish person's in charge would begin to "keep him out of the news" 24/7.  So I was encouraged to change channels and tune in to "The Cameron Hall Show" on CBS or NBC.  I liked her beginning of a new.

...did like the new mugs that they received from the creator of them. 

I will continue to keep in tune with "The View" and will manage to switch channels or turn off my television completely at the time that it is broadcast.

I found the premiere episode to be underwhelming. Maybe because Whoopi was out with COVID ?

I didn't mind the discussion on 45 (he's gong to be in the news cycle for a very long time) , but the discussion was lackluster at best. It's as if they didn't have much different to say now than they did before they went on their month long hiatus. The rest of the show proved to be just as lackluster - it was like they needed a longer vacation and recharge. Even their discussion on 'Burning Man' was a mess. 

I've tried watching 'Tamryn Hall' a number of times. I just don't like her. I find her very condescending to the guests she has on. She doesn't come across as a likeable host to me. 

Whoopi's out for the week with COVID which means...

Joy moderates all week. She's fine as a moderator on Fridays, but all week ? She doesn't seem to be enjoying it. Therefore...

Anna Navarro tries her hardest to take over the discussions and moderate. But...

Sunny Hostin puts a stop to that. She's not going to let Anna (whom she spars with often) get to moderate. No way ! 

Anna needs to learn etiquette. She needs all the attention, so she will say some of the most ridiculous things for the attention to turn to her while another host is speaking. She contributes little. 

With the writers and actors strikes still going on (since May 1 !) there having a tough time booking guests. NO ONE will come on to promote their new movie, new TV show, etc.  So they've resorted to showing movie trailers and booking cookbook authors and lawyers / clients to fill their time slots. Unfortunately, the hosts are woefully unprepared to hold an interesting conversation with these guests, since their researchers and writers are on the picket line (the hosts are doing their own research and writing their own questions). 

This has been a painful week to watch. Hoping next week is better. 

Whoopi returned yesterday, and the show is still just blah.  Though there was a 'tense moment' between guest Matthew McConaghey (who looks about 15 years older than he actually is) and Joy Behar. Sunny smoothed things over after a quick commercial break.

EW.COM

Matthew McConaughey had a tense moment with Joy Behar on 'The View' after the cohost insinuated he was 'anti-gun.'

Edited by Ali Gator

• 2 weeks later...

Three weeks in, and this season is horrible. Maybe the writer's strike is really having an effect on the quality of this show, after 5 months ? And can someone please tell Ana Navarro she is NOT a comedian ? Her jokes fall flat every time she utters one. It's going to be a loooooooooooooong season, but I'll stick it out. Listening to Sunny's hypocrisy every other day is worth it. 

• 1 month later...

The season is wrapping up for it's "mid-season" break in a few weeks, and so far this season has been rather dull and disorganized. It seemed better when they were ad-libbing and had no writers.  

The producers really need to reconsider having Sarah and Anna on the panel. Sarah is like a fish out of water on most serious topics (she's like the little kid sitting at the adult table wanting to participate, but saying a whole lot of nothing). Somehow, she believes she's the mental-health and gay issues expert on each topic. It's nice when the others correct her or worse - question what she's saying (and she gets lost in her answer).  Anna is good for one thing - going head-to-head with Sunny. As another Latina legal-eagle on the panel, she steals the spotlight from Sunny (always a good thing). Unfortunately, she also thinks she's a comedienne - she's not. It seems all her conversations and answers in Hot Topics always revert to 'Drag Queens'. 

One thing which puzzles me is why Sunny has to read 'a legal note' every time there is a discussion about a politician or celebrity who has been alleged, charged or indicted with a crime. Other shows talk about the same topics on these notables, and none of them follow their commentary or discussion with 'legal notes'.  Is this a gimmick for Sunny ? 

• 3 weeks later...