LGBTQ people feeling compelled to move to a different state

EZEtoGRU

On 9/5/2023 at 8:56 PM, BSR said:

Any documentation that blacks & gays have stopped traveling to Florida?  The professional victims keep screeching, but blacks & gays keep visiting.  Funny how that works.

Funny... I thought 'politics' was a banned topic. 

I can show you my credit card statements from the last several years.  I refuse to go to Florida for personal travel and many other states as well because of a state's politics.  I've never eaten anything from Chick-fil-A or stepped foot in a Hobby Lobby.  

I can say with confidence, I'm not the only one.  Funny how THAT works.....

5 hours ago, EastCoastBtm said:

Funny... I thought 'politics' was a banned topic. 

I can show you my credit card statements from the last several years.  I refuse to go to Florida for personal travel and many other states as well because of a state's politics.  I've never eaten anything from Chick-fil-A or stepped foot in a Hobby Lobby.  

I can say with confidence, I'm not the only one.  Funny how THAT works.....

A little friendly advice:  best to avoid presenting an anecdote as evidence because you might trigger @Marc in Calif into an explosion of nasty sarcasm.

The title of this thread is that LGBTs are feeling compelled to move out of Florida.  As much as the Cult of Victimhood loves that narrative, there is simply no proof that a significant number of LGBTs are actually leaving, or at least leaving for the reasons given.  Just as there is no evidence of blacks leaving or canceling visits because of the NAACP travel warning.  Wishing something were true does not make it true.

So these 2 moved out of Louisiana because the State passed a law banning gender-affirming care for minors?   Every state in these United States is going to pass such laws.  80% + of the population is firmly against this and the opposition is virulent even in CA, NY, NJ etc.   Anyone see the thousands of people protesting the Sister's of Perpetual Indulgence at Dodger stadium this past June??  

Edited by augustus

16 hours ago, augustus said:

The display in front of The Stonewall Inn was vandalized 3 times this past June during Pride Month, until the NYPD put vehicle mounted cameras on the street.  Time to leave NYC I suppose. 

A guy was killed in the street while walking with his boyfriend by a bunch of homophobic dudes in the Village 10 years ago. Crazies are everywhere. Still, in some place they are the exception, in some others they are the rule....

1 hour ago, TorontoDrew said:

I am Canadian and have a few friends are Bush refugees.  They left the US after he was elected.  I'm surprised I haven't seen more lately.

and you might have some Vietnam refugees as neighbors too!

Back to subject and as pointed by others it's a big country with plenty of choices, folks who have lived in generational poverty and Appalachia or the Bible Belt (gay or straight) should make good use of their citizenship and go to a prosperous area to see if their luck changes. 

Be the American dream, not the American nightmare!

On 9/11/2023 at 12:01 PM, marylander1940 said:

Back to subject and as pointed by others it's a big country with plenty of choices, folks who have lived in generational poverty and Appalachia or the Bible Belt (gay or straight) should make good use of their citizenship and go to a prosperous area to see if their luck changes. 

Be the American dream, not the American nightmare!

Yes!  And folks who have lived in generational working class and middle class in West Coast and Northeast cities (gay or straight) are making use of their citizenship to go to move thriving areas such as the South and the Bible Belt to see if they can have a better quality of life as well.

According to the US Census, the rate of US Citizens moving from one address to another has been steadily decreasing since the 1960s, with the sharpest rate of decline since 2015.  (This could be movement across state lines, or across the same city.  But I have seen a similar graph somewhere that only listed moves greater than 10 miles, and it showed the same trend)

While this data looks at the entire population and not just the GLBT, it's interesting to show because I think it proves most people's conceptions wrong.  If only there was enough similar data collected and separated by GLBT status.

R.png

Edited by Vegas_Millennial

39 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

Yes!  And folks who have lived in generational working class and middle class in West Coast and Northeast cities (gay or straight) are making use of their citizenship to go to move thriving areas such as the South and the Bible Belt to see if they can have a better quality of life as well.

They're going there because it's cheaper and less developed in most ways, and places where the federal government gives more money than it takes in taxes. 

For half a million dollars you can't get a condominium in Manhattan but in those areas you can have a mansion or a big house.

It's a win-win situation! Naked people with money, taxable income and their lives together.

Where are folks from Appalachia moving to? At least Puerto Ricans when they see no future in their Commonwealth come to the continental US, right?