Dog Lovers!

ICTJOCK

On 11/18/2023 at 12:29 AM, Km411 said:

Reading this thread I realize I’ve had a dog by my side my entire life! Different breeds, different temperaments, different needs; loved them all. Fortunately, all full lives with natural endings. Current companion never leaves my side. I’ve wondered whether providers whom I’ve hosted for overnights have minded her nuzzling in 😆 None seem to, and she loves the company!

I would love that fuzzy comfort nestled between us in the afterglow~  Padded paws that smell like freetoes… soft snoring… that occasional full length stretch that nudges me just a little and soothes me back into my dreams~ Love the symphony of sound that chimes the “tag rag” upon awakening when they shake off slumber and bring on a wet nose and morning mischief~ “wake up dad…” 

Edited by Tygerscent

1 hour ago, Tygerscent said:

I would love that fuzzy comfort nestled between us in the afterglow~  Padded paws that smell like freetoes… soft snoring… that occasional full length stretch that nudges me just a little and soothes me back into my dreams~ Love the symphony of sound that chimes the “tag rag” upon awakening when they shake off slumber and bring on a wet nose and morning mischief~ “wake up dad…” 

Yes, exactly! And my dog’s cute, too…

Meadow, the Great Dane with 15 puppies, adopted by 'amazing family'

When Meadow, who is about 2½ years old, gave birth to the puppies on Oct. 10, it was the largest litter ever for Perfectly Imperfect Pups, a foster-based rescue service in Raleigh, North Carolina. Earlier this week, the puppies, now 6 weeks old, had their first checkup.

All of the puppies – 13 males and 2 females – were in good health. "They are all thriving, growing and being goofy fun puppies. We ran a DNA test on them and found out they are 50% Great Dane and 50% Doberman," Perfectly Imperfect Pups said in a statement.

As for their mother, Meadow has just moved to her permanent home. "She was adopted by an amazing family who fell in love with her story and then fell in love with her. She is thriving and loving being a pup and not just a mama," the rescue service said.  Before giving birth to another litter in February, Meadow had been passed around to five homes since giving birth to another litter in February.

Two days before Meadow had this litter, a person called the rescue service to see if it could take her because Meadow wasn't getting along with their other dogs.  BITCH!

Meadow, a 2½-year-old Great Dane, which had been rescued by Perfectly Imperfect Pups, a foster-based rescue service in Raleigh, North Carolina, at her new home.

The puppies are currently fostered in homes in groups of 2, 3 and 4, so the veterinary visit was a reunion of sorts for them.  They got vaccinations and microchips at the veterinary hospital. “They’re healthy. They sound great. They look well. They’ve been very well taken care of by all the fosters,” veterinarian Cindy Johnson told Raleigh, N.C. CBS-TV station WNCN. “Honestly in the vet world, sometimes we get some tough days,” she said. “It’s hard to not smile when these guys come into your clinic.”

Some of the 15 puppies delivered in October by Meadow, a 2½-year-old Great Dane, which had been rescued by Perfectly Imperfect Pups, a foster-based rescue service in Raleigh, North Carolina, getting a checkup at Peak City Veterinary Hospital in Apex, N.C.

The rescue service, which got more than 50 applications for the puppies, will be visiting homes of those who applied this weekend, Kincaid said. Each will be adopted individually because siblings adopted together can lead to "serious behavior issues as they age," she said.

Here are the names: Otis, Scout, Bruno, Samson, Diego, Felix, Winston, Bailey, Duke, Mack, Fiona, Axel, Finn, Cosmo, Buster.  

They can go to their new homes after 8 weeks, which is about 1½ weeks away. With all the media coverage of Meadow and her puppies – including from local TV stations and People magazine – Perfectly Imperfect Pups got an influx of applications and donations on its Amazon wish list for the puppies.

The rescue service now has a fundraiser to help pay for the puppies' care as the medical bills, 15 vet appointments and spays and neuters "are going to cost the rescue a lot," the service said.

Some of the 15 puppies delivered in October by Meadow, a 2½-year-old Great Dane, which had been rescued by Perfectly Imperfect Pups, a foster-based rescue service in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Some of the 15 puppies delivered in October by Meadow, a 2½-year-old Great Dane, which had been rescued by Perfectly Imperfect Pups, a foster-based rescue service in Raleigh, North Carolina.

The turtle neck is much snazzier, but shouldn't they be wearing GROWL-necks?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/animalkind/2023/11/24/meadow-great-dane-north-carolina-15-puppies-new-home/71691401007/

Edited by samhexum
for absolutely NO @%!*ING reason at all!

• 2 months later...

This dog is full of surprises!

The adorable — and resilient — pooch who was trapped inside a Texas shipping container for over a week before being rescued by US Coast Guard officers is pregnant, the group caring for the animal announced this week.

After the canine — nicknamed Connie the container dog — was found on Jan. 31, she was taken to a vet in Pasadena, Texas, before eventually landing in the hands of Forever Changed Animal Rescue (FCAR) in Maryland, who determined the little dog was expecting.

“SURPRISE, CONNIE IS PREGNANT!!!” FCAR wrote in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

“The fetuses have strong heartbeats and were bouncing around, so while her pregnancy is guarded due to her being without food and water for eight days or more, we are hopeful given what we could see.”

The small dog, who only weighed about 30 pounds when she was found, will stay with the vet throughout her pregnancy, according to the organization, which said it would send updates as Connie progresses.

Connie was rescued after US Coast Guard Officer Ryan McMahon and his team heard barking coming from a shipping container.

A crane was used to bring the container down to the men, and out popped Connie, who is believed to have spent eight days inside without food or water.

“As soon as we opened it, we could see the little dog’s face poking out. She was right there, like she knew we were going to be there to open it for her,” McMahon, a petty officer 2nd class, told the Associated Press.

“And she just, she wasn’t scared or anything. She just seemed happy more than anything to be out of that dark space and in the arms of people that were going to take care of her,” said McMahon.

She was a little dirty and “definitely pretty skinny,” McMahon said.

Connie also tested positive for heartworm and will be treated for the disease after her pregnancy is over.

The Coast Guard is unsure how the dog got inside the container with a bunch of junked vehicles, but believe she may have been in a junkyard and accidentally got into the container.

McMahon said he was grateful to have noticed the dog’s barks before she was loaded up on a cargo ship.

After her pregnancy, Connie is hoping to find a forever home in the DC-area.

Connie with the Coast Guardsmem who found her.

Connie with one of the Coast Guardsman.

Connie the Dog in a car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2023 at 7:14 AM, ICTJOCK said:

Dog Lovers

LITERALLY...

A golden retriever in Britain, nicknamed the "The Dogfather," is retiring after fathering more than 300 puppies.

Trigger, the 9-year-old golden retriever, was the "star stud dog" of Guide Dogs', a charity that helps pair dogs with people with vision impairment in the United Kingdom. He has fathered 39 litters, including a record-breaking one with 16 puppies in 2021, according to the charity.

Guide Dogs, in a news release, said that 294 of Trigger's puppies were bred by the charity itself, while another 29 pups were born "of his valuable ‘collaborations’ with other assistance dog charities and guide dog schools," bringing his total to 323.

Triglets

Trigger's final litter had 6 puppies, including five daughters named Jenny, Rita, Hermione, Sandy, and Indy, and one son, Billy.

Trigger's final litter had 6 puppies, including five daughters named Jenny, Rita, Hermione, Sandy, and Indy, and one son, Billy.

Trigger's puppies have been affectionately nicknamed "Triglets," by volunteers and guide dog owners. The Triglets have been helping visually impaired and partially sighted people all across Britain, including "London, Glasgow and Cardiff. Meanwhile, two of Trigger's litters were even born at guide organizations in France and the Netherlands.

"Trigger’s legacy can be seen in the independence and confidence his progeny has brought to the lives of blind and partially sighted people all over Britain," Guide Dogs said.

The Dogfather's final litter had 6 puppies, including five daughters named Jenny, Rita, Hermione, Sandy, and Indy, and one son, Billy.

'Perfect asset'

The Dogfather!

“Trigger’s wonderful, gentle nature and excellent health have made him the perfect asset to our breeding program," Janine Dixon, Head of Breeding Operations at Guide Dogs said in a statement. "We can’t overstate the impact that Trigger has in helping us to provide so many guide dogs for people with sight loss."

Dixon said the charity hopes Trigger's son Billy joins the breeding program and continues his father's legacy.

"In the meantime, nine of his daughters, as well as his half-French son Pierre, are helping us to bring forward a new generation of guide dogs with Trigger’s fantastic genes," Guide Dogs said.

As for Trigger's future? Guide Dogs said that he will stay in Banbury with his Breeding Dog Volunteer Sarah Byrne, who has looked after him for past seven years and will now officially adopt him.

• 2 weeks later...