Getting 'hung' up on genetics?

CuriousByNature

We know that eye colour is genetically determined, and studies have indicated that male-patterned baldness is likely inherited through one's maternal grandfather.  But how about 'hungness'.  Does anyone know what genetic factors are at play in determining an individual's endowment?  Is it purely genetic, or is there an environmental influence as well?

Based on evolutionary theory, I imagine that the average size currently is the result of natural selection.  If not, why isn't everyone hung like the proverbial horse?

sad butters stotch GIF by South Park

Evolution would not favor the ones that are too small for obvious reasons.  The ones that are too big, for less obvious reasons (difficulty in obtaining a fully hard  erection and then entering with a larger than usual organ causing pains and females to balk, for example)   If that is so, then evolution would favor those that are just right, in this case average size.  

Edited by purplekow

16 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

We know that eye colour is genetically determined, and studies have indicated that male-patterned baldness is likely inherited through one's maternal grandfather.  But how about 'hungness'.  Does anyone know what genetic factors are at play in determining an individual's endowment?  Is it purely genetic, or is there an environmental influence as well?

Based on evolutionary theory, I imagine that the average size currently is the result of natural selection.  If not, why isn't everyone hung like the proverbial horse?

sad butters stotch GIF by South Park

Another principal of evolutionary biology is that most mutations are deleterious - at any given time, a population's adaptation to its environmental niche is as close to perfect as it can get.   The fact that a broad range of dick sizes and types may be found in a population means that that is what confers the greatest evolutinary advantage.  

When I told my fiance that I found out several years ago that my biological father was my mother's Ashkenazi Jewish doctor, he said that probably explained why I had such a large cock. I haven't been able to find a study which compares cock size with religion, but he's had sex with hundreds of men, so that would appear to be an informal study. I would never, of course, inquire as to my brother's cock size (our legal father was also his biological father, a goy). 

15 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

When I told my fiance that I found out several years ago that my biological father was my mother's Ashkenazi Jewish doctor, he said that probably explained why I had such a large cock. I haven't been able to find a study which compares cock size with religion, but he's had sex with hundreds of men, so that would appear to be an informal study. I would never, of course, inquire as to my brother's cock size (our legal father was also his biological father, a goy). 

But Jewishness, because of the traditional closed nature of Jewish communities, is both a religion and an ethnicity.    

2 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

I'm not sure how that could ever correlate, let alone represent causation.  If it did there would probably be conversions happening constantly... LOL

I was referring more to the genetics of Ashkenazi Jews. I now feel a genetic connection to Ashkenazi Jews, though I couldn't be more atheist. 

Against bacon

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

I was referring more to the genetics of Ashkenazi Jews. I now feel a genetic connection to Ashkenazi Jews, though I couldn't be more atheist. 

Against bacon

That's really cool. Do you know where the family originated? I'm assuming likely Eastern Europe or Western Russia?

3 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

That's really cool. Do you know where the family originated? I'm assuming likely Eastern Europe or Western Russia?

I'm trying to remember the NatGeo profile. I think my genetics pointed to the Iberian Peninsula and Baltic area. My brother provided the genetic testing as a "Christmas present," I'm sure because he suspected my sister and I were "ill-conceived," which we were. Thankfully, both my sister and I were born with blue eyes, since both of our parents also had blue eyes. When I asked my mother "Is it true that Dad's not my biological father?", she responded "Yes, that's why you're so much smarter than your brother" (my mother was ever horrified that my brother grew up to be a Republican). Mind you, my brother earned an MBA from a very prominent university, with distinction. On the bright side, my father died when he was around 80, but my biological father lived to 92. If I want my new husband to keep getting my pension checks for the rest of his life, I'm going to have to make it to 86 (so he'll be 55). 

11 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Urban legend has it that Jewish men are on the small side.

10 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I'm trying to remember the NatGeo profile. I think my genetics pointed to the Iberian Peninsula and Baltic area. My brother provided the genetic testing as a "Christmas present," I'm sure because he suspected my sister and I were "ill-conceived," which we were. Thankfully, both my sister and I were born with blue eyes, since both of our parents also had blue eyes. When I asked my mother "Is it true that Dad's not my biological father?", she responded "Yes, that's why you're so much smarter than your brother" (my mother was ever horrified that my brother grew up to be a Republican). Mind you, my brother earned an MBA from a very prominent university, with distinction. On the bright side, my father died when he was around 80, but my biological father lived to 92. If I want my new husband to keep getting my pension checks for the rest of his life, I'm going to have to make it to 86 (so he'll be 55). 

I know a guy who found out late in life that he was of Jewish ancestry.  He declared that "deep down" he had always known it and overnight became uber-Jewish, going to services at the gay synagogue and celebrating Jewish holidays.    I found out recently that a distant relation was a Jew.  I thought it was interesting, but I don't feel any more Jewish than I did before I found out.

9 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

...overnight became uber-Jewish...

Well, knowing my genetic background didn't change my religious beliefs, but I did notice a strange urge to change my wardrobe... 😄

Mad Mentsch: Updating the Image of Hasidic Jews

44 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

Urban legend has it that Jewish men are on the small side.

I'd not heard that one. Isn't the stereotype that Jews have bigger noses, which imply larger penises?

57 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Well, knowing my genetic background didn't change my religious beliefs, but I did notice a strange urge to change my wardrobe... 😄

Mad Mentsch: Updating the Image of Hasidic Jews

I know what you mean.  Ever since I found out that I might be a tiny bit Jewish, I’ve been wanting to buy a black fedora.

I had a client that looked just like my paternal grandfather. Just like him, even the eye color. I tripped out and my grandfather had a rare ethnic ancestry and I never saw his penis, thank God, but the clients dick was hung like mine and our beautiful mushroom heads looked identical. We had a kick out of it. It was interesting and nice blowing a penis was just like my own.

Off topic but I hated that grandfather who is now dead, thank God, and I let the client violently slap me until I got afraid that he was getting too carried away and would kill me or something. I'm sure a psychotherapist would love to analyze that. Anyway...thanks for reading :)

Edited by Vulgarii