The new Tiffany, unboxed and unrecognizable! ​Good or bad idea?

marylander1940

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Tiffany & Co. lifted the lid on its newly renovated New York city flagship on Wednesday, the centerpiece of a broad brand reset orchestrated by its owner, the world's...

tiffany_boutique_1.jpg__760x0_q75_crop-s

Tiffanys_Landmark2.jpg

OP note: they destroyed the set of one of the most beautiful movies ever made... I don't understand why they did it! They should have left at least the first floor the way it was. 

Previous thread on the movie:

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

OMG what a tragedy

I can't stand Marino. He's always a circus act.

And lead by the spoiled brat son of the world richest man.

Pure Kardashian glitz.

I wouldn't say" it takes a lot of money to look so cheap"in this case but they certainly ruined a historical place while spending a fortune doing it...

Even the Kardashians would have smelled old money, and keep the place the way was before. 

41 minutes ago, nycman said:

It’s boring and droll.

In other words, perfect for the new age. 

I wouldn’t buy a used car in such an ugly setting…..much less a diamond.

You just broke the heart of some of your regulars waiting for a💍in order to get a green card! 😁

Edited by marylander1940

Several days ago I was walking up Fifth Avenue and found myself in front of Tiffany’s. On a whim I thought I’d have a look at the new design. I just barely got inside and a young woman all smiles welcomed me to the store. She asked if there was anything she could help me with and I said I just came in to look around. She stepped aside and wished me a good day. I continued walking through the store, took the elevator up to the 5th floor and looked around each floor taking the stairs down to the first floor. Every employee I passed smiled, welcomed me and let me know they were there if I wanted any assistance. Not pushy at all, just extremely pleasant. This continued the whole time I was in the store until I left with big smiles from the doorman. It was like they were all on some kind of happy drug. It was kind of funny. Like every employee was given a mandate to treat every potential customer like they were some billionaire. I have to admit it was rather nice. 

15 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Blame LVMH.  They tack-up everything they touch.

Luckily, they haven't ruined Rimowa luggage...  Yet.

A really good friend of mine works for Hermès, and loves the company. I remember when LVMH tried very aggressively to buy the company out of the control of the family, and the employees rallied behind the Dumas-Hermès family. In the end, the family took LVMH to court in France and they won, keeping them independent. All Hermès employees worldwide breathed a sigh of relief. I know how upset my friend was at the prospect of a hostile takeover, and I’ve avoided buying anything owned by LVMH ever since.