NYC Pride March

ericwinters

1 hour ago, Thelatin said:

Middle aged men twerking in thongs in front of kids is gross.  We all know this.  

That's not what you said. You denigrated Pride marches- all of them and everyone in them. You are a self-loathing gay if you are even gay. Perhaps just a bot put here to denigrate us.

1 hour ago, José Soplanucas said:

Kids. They would have a great time.

My kids certainly got an education when we came home one year after a Pride march and there was a man giving a blowjob to another man on the steps of the house next door.  It's not like the neighborhood is that dark at night.  These people just have no respect for the homeowners and families.  Until you experience the aftermath of this circus, you wouldn't know what we go through here. The neighbors all call it the "Freakshow".  Not a term that exhibits this event gaining any respect from the community. And nothing to be "proud" of for the gays.  It's embarrassing to me and my wife that we are actually part of this LGBTQXYZ thing. No. My kids DON'T have a great time.

On 6/26/2023 at 12:49 PM, pubic_assistance said:

I don't think I am faulting "the parade".

I am instead lamenting that the Village is no longer "fashionable" with the young attractive men who used to be here.

Seems we are left with nothing but the left over garbage that can't afford a ticket to a party or dance.

They instead entertain themselves by destroying property and exposing themselves to innocent onlookers.

I do wish there was more policing of the nonsense, but certain groups have underminded the NYPD's ability for effective crowd control.

@pubic_assistance Many of us appreciate your candor and honesty. Two of the most highly admirable traits in a person.
And if I disagreed, I wouldn't demean and degrade your opinion because it differs from my own. 

...never ceases to amaze Bozo that so many gay people preach tolerance, yet display none of it when confronted with opposing views. They are so filled with anger and hostility.  Just more hypocrisy from the "Do as I say, not as I do" crowd.

And FWIW, Bozo fully agrees with your precise and punctilious description of the NYC Pride Parade, a slow but steady trek into the sewers of Gotham.

BoZo

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

That's not what you said. You denigrated Pride marches- all of them and everyone in them. You are a self-loathing gay if you are even gay. Perhaps just a bot put here to denigrate us.

Lucky, just let them show who they are. I love it.

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

My kids certainly got an education when we came home one year after a Pride march and there was a man giving a blowjob to another man on the steps of the house next door.  It's not like the neighborhood is that dark at night.  These people just have no respect for the homeowners and families.  Until you experience the aftermath of this circus, you wouldn't know what we go through here. The neighbors all call it the "Freakshow".  Not a term that exhibits this event gaining any respect from the community. And nothing to be "proud" of for the gays.  It's embarrassing to me and my wife that we are actually part of this LGBTQXYZ thing. No. My kids DON'T have a great time.

Please, forgive me. Have sympathy. I did not have the privilege of Superior White Parenting.

9 hours ago, José Soplanucas said:

Please, forgive me. Have sympathy. I did not have the privilege of Superior White Parenting.

From one non-white person to another, kindly explain to me what knowing its wholly inappropriate to suck dick in the public square and sexually gyrate in front of young children have fuck all to do with being raised by white parents?

3 hours ago, solacesoul said:

From one non-white person to another, kindly explain to me what knowing its wholly inappropriate to suck dick in the public square and sexually gyrate in front of young children have fuck all to do with being raised by white parents?

I would disapprove of sexual displays of any kind in a public space. I find it inappropriate but I do not think it is a big deal. I believe there are other behaviors, abusive and violent, that are much more poisonous for children. However, no one is scandalized for that. 

I think @pubic_assistance  is probably fabricating the incident to strengthen his anti-Pride position. He did not bring up that incident until late in this thread. In my opinion, his actual disgust is eloquently described in his early posts in the thread. Even if he is not fabricating the incident, he manipulates it to justify his condemnation of the LGBTQ+ celebration.

The mention of White parenting refers to a discussion on the now hidden Politics forum, where he praised White parenting in contrast with Black's. He has consistently shared his contempt for People of Color and sexual dissidence. 

25 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

would disapprove of sexual displays of any kind in a public space. I find it inappropriate but I do not think it is a big deal.

It actually is a big deal - there are laws against it.

police would arrest any straight people having sex in a public space with children - why is it any different for pride ?

the failure to understand these basic norms does the LGBTQI community/movement more harm than good. It's a losing argument every single time with no upside 

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

if you want to have sex with others watching or you watching others - go to a sex club or other appropriate venue: not in a public street for a "parade"

don't get confused that somehow pride opens the door for whatever (sex) you want to do in public spaces just because you just want to do it 

Not only is it offensive & likely illegal, it could be easily read as hostile/aggressive/unsafe by those who just might want to see a parade

I get so tired of the need to make everything gay hyper-sexualized at all times. there are plenty of gay/queer spaces to do exactly that where nobody will care or bother & children will not be present 

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

17 minutes ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

don't get confused that somehow pride opens the door for whatever (sex) you want to do in public spaces just because you just want to do it 

Not only is it offensive & likely illegal, it could be easily read as hostile/aggressive/unsafe by those who just might want to see a parade

Thank you.

My point exactly.

Beyond the open sexual behaviors, the bigger problems are the more common disrespect shown to homeowners and families such as open drug use ( shooting up / crack pipes ) as well as deliberate destruction of property, public urination (the entire neighborhood smells like a toilet the next day) screaming and blasting music until 4:00 AM and rubbish thrown into every corner, instead of using the many receptacles provided.

The overall point I am trying to make is that NONE of this behavior HELPS gain ANY respect for LGBT people. It makes them look like a bunch of hostile/aggressive and unsafe wild animals, which does nothing but give people excuses to hate gays and lesbians more ( not less ).

3 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Thank you.

My point exactly.

Beyond the open sexual behaviors, the bigger problems are the more common disrespect shown to homeowners and families such as open drug use ( shooting up / crack pipes ) as well as deliberate destruction of property, public urination (the entire neighborhood smells like a toilet the next day) screaming and blasting music until 4:00 AM and rubbish thrown into every corner, instead of using the many receptacles provided.

The overall point I am trying to make is that NONE of this behavior HELPS gain ANY respect for LGBT people. It makes them look like a bunch of hostile/aggressive and unsafe wild animals, which does nothing but give people excuses to hate gays and lesbians more ( not less ).

Ok, this is much better, without all the hateful language toward other people's appearance. If the situation is as bad as you describe, then indeed, the organizers should work on improving the logistics.

But all the whining (not only yours) about middle age guys in drag, ugly lesbians partying around, etc., etc., is intolerant bullshit or, in the best case, an overreaction at the disturbance of the neighborhood's life.

17 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

all the whining (not only yours) about middle age guys in drag, ugly lesbians partying around, etc., etc., is intolerant bullshit or, in the best case, an overreaction at the disturbance of the neighborhood's life.

NO ONE is complaining about ALL "guys in drag: or ALL the "partying lesbians".

Everyone has commented on the lewd, disrespectful freak show that the Gay Pride parade has become.

I am saying the event has become too BIG and too MILITANT and it is attracting all kinds of awful people who are EXTREMELY disturbing to the neighbors who are the ones paying taxes and trying to maintain our properties, while these monsters shit on everything.

This does nothing but paint gays in a negative light.

It's becoming counter-productive to any effort to bring greater ( positive ) visibility to LGBT people.

5 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

NO ONE is complaining about ALL "guys in drag: or ALL the "partying lesbians".

Everyone has commented on the lewd, disrespectful freak show that the Gay Pride parade has become.

I am saying the event has become too BIG and too MILITANT and it is attracting all kinds of awful people who are EXTREMELY disturbing to the neighbors who are the ones paying taxes and trying to maintain our properties, while these monsters shit on everything.

This does nothing but paint gays in a negative light.

It's becoming counter-productive to any effort to bring greater ( positive ) visibility to LGBT people.

You are struggling with accepting and embracing the diversity within the LGBTQ+ collective. The issue is not that this is counterproductive for the visibility of the collective but that you do not accept the variety within it.

In political terms, it is an old argument: Conservative Pragmatist Reformism against Radical Idealist Revolution. In my opinion, the answer is somewhere in between. But I would never ask anyone to hide and keep a low profile just because somebody (or many, or most people) do not like them. 

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

I'm sure if they were twinks you'd be taking pictures!

Absolutely I would be - in the appropriate setting such as in my home, at a clothing optional resort, adult only areas etc.  Believe it or not, a good portion of my income comes from working in adult markets.  In fact all you you either own or have seen my products :)  

2 minutes ago, Thelatin said:

Absolutely I would be - in the appropriate setting such as in my home, at a clothing optional resort, adult only areas etc.  Believe it or not, a good portion of my income comes from working in adult markets.  In fact all you you either own or have seen my products :)  

surprise-chris-pratt.gif

Edited by marylander1940

2 hours ago, José Soplanucas said:

You are struggling with accepting and embracing the diversity within the LGBTQ+ collective.

I understand that within every community there are troublemakers, that's not "diversity". That's just problems.

The entirety of my comment is that AFTER the parade. All the decent joyful people move uptown to celebrate and we are left with all  the troublemakers / trash.

That's all.

You keep making it about more than it is.

I am old enough to remember the parade when it was a fun event. We'd go an check out all the cute boys, watch the floats and go to parties.  It's now too big / too political and too full of monsters.  If your "diversity" is about embracing angry, desctructive and lewd behavior, then we are very much different types of people.  Community for me is everyone getting along and respecting each other. That's not what happens here after the parade every year.

I stand by my opinion and I will ask that you stop insinuating that I am some racist because I expect people to behave like human beings.

18 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I understand that within every community there are troublemakers, that's not "diversity". That's just problems.

The entirety of my comment is that AFTER the parade. All the decent joyful people move uptown to celebrate and we are left with all  the troublemakers / trash.

That's all.

You keep making it about more than it is.

I am old enough to remember the parade when it was a fun event. We'd go an check out all the cute boys, watch the floats and go to parties.  It's now too big / too political and too full of monsters.  If your "diversity" is about embracing angry, desctructive and lewd behavior, then we are very much different types of people.  Community for me is everyone getting along and respecting each other. That's not what happens here after the parade every year.

I stand by my opinion and I will ask that you stop insinuating that I am some racist because I expect people to behave like human beings.

A few misbehaved during the event and according to some that affects the parade itself, and tarnishes the goals, ideals of all the participants and the entire movement! Wrong! Well at least they didn't storm the City Hall trying to hang someone, right? 

Some gay men behaved like frat boys!