NYC Pride March

ericwinters

Never did the grandstand experience but looks fun! 

Then again, I've never seen the entire pride march in one sitting. I think the entire march is 6 hours long? 

Personally it depends what you like. If you just want to watch with a guaranteed seat w/shade, then this is a good idea. I don't go to pride march anymore but in the past, my friends and I would watch it, take a break, watch it again, grab lunch, watch it again, etc. What's fun is interacting with the other guys marching as some give out all these free rainbow stuff, etc.

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

Given how long the parade is in NYC and SF, I prefer to walk the length of it rather than watch a few miles of church-going gays. Let's face it, I'm there for the shirtless guys.

I still remember 20 years ago there was a hot shirtless guy walking along the march route with a sign FREE HUGS and omg... that was an amazing hug!!!

41 minutes ago, kingsley88 said:

I still remember 20 years ago there was a hot shirtless guy walking along the march route with a sign FREE HUGS and omg... that was an amazing hug!!!

I remember going to the parade in the 90s and marveling at all the hot gay men. It was a fun joyfilled event.

Now I have to leave town to avoid the droves of hideous angry Lesbians and freak-show crazies who scream, carry-on and destroy property till 3:00 am. It's gotten completely out of control over the years. It's awful. The property owners in Greenwich Village have been slowly pushing it up North and out of the neighborhood because we've had enough of the disrespectful out-of-town monsters.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 10:44 AM, Lucky said:

Given how long the parade is in NYC and SF, I prefer to walk the length of it rather than watch a few miles of church-going gays. Let's face it, I'm there for the shirtless guys.

Happy Pride ;). I'm there for the Altoids float as well as Barry's Bootcamp. They have some of the hottest guys. And, not to mention the Adonis float :)

On 6/25/2023 at 7:10 AM, cany10011 said:

Happy Pride ;). I'm there for the Altoids float as well as Barry's Bootcamp. They have some of the hottest guys. And, not to mention the Adonis float :)

Sadly all the attractive people seem to head elsewhere after the parade on Christopher Street.

We arrived home at 10:00pm last night and I have to say I've never seen to many ugly people in one place. The Christopher Street area ( West Village ) was populated by hundreds of the most hideous, obese Lesbians you could imagine. (It's as if they relish in making themselves ugly as possible). It's like a nightmare scene in a horror movie. I feel bad for my children that they have to witness this kind of stuff. It's hard to convince them this is a "Pride" march when you witness so much disrespectful, and frankly disgusting behavior on the streets of your neighborhood. ☹️

Just now, Lucky said:

Well, of course @pubic_assistancewould fault the parade.

I don't think I am faulting "the parade".

I am instead lamenting that the Village is no longer "fashionable" with the young attractive men who used to be here.

Seems we are left with nothing but the left over garbage that can't afford a ticket to a party or dance.

They instead entertain themselves by destroying property and exposing themselves to innocent onlookers.

I do wish there was more policing of the nonsense, but certain groups have underminded the NYPD's ability for effective crowd control.

1 minute ago, pubic_assistance said:

I am instead lamenting that the Village is no longer "fashionable" with the young attractive men who used to be here.

Seems we are left with nothing but the left over garbage that can't afford a ticket to a party or dance.

They instead entertain themselves by destroying property and exposing themselves to innocent onlookers.

I do wish there was more policing of the nonsense, but certain groups have underminded the NYPD's ability for effective crowd control.

No you are faulting the people at the parade- the garbage. Sorry, my mistake.

2 hours ago, Thelatin said:

Hate me if you want - but I don’t see these events helping “the community” at all.  It’s just so gross….

THANK YOU !!!

What I saw going on last night after the parade was disgusting and nothing to be "proud" of.

Seems to me, that people witnessing this mess are going to have far less respect for gays, not more.

20 hours ago, Thelatin said:

Hate me if you want - but I don’t see these events helping “the community” at all.  It’s just so gross….

22 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

So Pride marches are "gross" to one poster, and the not-cute people there are "garbage" to another. Sometimes I am ashamed to be a part of this company of men.

53 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Sometimes I am ashamed to be a part of this company of men.

Perhaps you should take a break.

Different people have different opinions.

If that troubles you, then open forums are the wrong place to converse.

For my part, I applaud @Thelatinfor saying what everyone is thinking who ISN'T a fan of the gay march thing every year.

It used to be a fun / festive event. Now NY Pride is way too big / way too politicized / and way too full of disrespectful out-of-towners who destroy property, piss in every corner and vomit profusely on my door step. If you saw the massive pile of trash (and heroin needles, crack pipes and broken liquor bottles) left over in the streets Monday morning you might understand why residents of Greenwich Village have a different viewpoint about the event from people who come here to enjoy the parade and leave us with their mess.

2 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Perhaps you should take a break.

Different people have different opinions.

If that troubles you, then open forums are the wrong place to converse.

For my part, I applaud @Thelatinfor saying what everyone is thinking who ISN'T a fan of the gay march thing every year.

It used to be a fun / festive event. Now NY Pride is way too big / way too politicized / and way too full of disrespectful out-of-towners who destroy property, piss in every corner and vomit profusely on my door step. If you saw the massive pile of trash (and heroin needles, crack pipes and broken liquor bottles) left over in the streets Monday morning you might understand why residents of Greenwich Village have a different viewpoint about the event from people who come here to enjoy the parade and leave us with their mess.

Ruefully, it's not just NYC's Pride event(s).  In every corner of today's society dignity/pride/self-respect/mutual respect/respect for the possessions of others/neutral civility have all but disappeared.

I didn't recognize "the good old days" for what they were at the time.

1 hour ago, sync said:

Ruefully, it's not just NYC's Pride event(s).  In every corner of today's society dignity/pride/self-respect/mutual respect/respect for the possessions of others/neutral civility have all but disappeared.

I didn't recognize "the good old days" for what they were at the time.

Sad but true.

It's the people who scream and chant demanding respect that demonize the culture of dignity, pride and self respect.

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

So Pride marches are "gross" to one poster, and the not-cute people there are "garbage" to another. Sometimes I am ashamed to be a part of this company of men.

Do not be ashamed, the hateful assholes are a tiny minority. I am right now reading a book that you may find interesting: Donde está el peligro. Eséticas de la disidencia sexual (Where the danger is. Esthetics of sexual dissidence). Unfortunately is only printed in Spanish, but the author is an Argentine academic who teaches in US Academia, so I expect a translation to be out in the bookstores anytime. His name is Mariano López Seoane.

You may find it questioning, but it is a great report on how sexual dissidence lost its revolutionary potential because of Conservative pragmatism and commercialization. 

343981029_635052601798357_88841694987256
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

May 1, 2023 - 56 likes, 2 comments - Beatriz Viterbo Editora (@beatrizviterboeditora) on Instagram:...

Thanks @José Soplanucas

Yes, Mariano López Seoane's writing is a good example of the kind of demonizing the culture of dignity, pride and self respect.  But then so many Latin American countries have "revolutions" every five minutes that always end up with the same results. Amusing that they still sell books about their constant failure to exert meaningful social change. through "dissonance".  Money and power always wins. But I suppose its nice to dream.

9 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Thanks @José Soplanucas

Yes, Mariano López Seoane's writing is a good example of the kind of demonizing the culture of dignity, pride and self respect.  But then so many Latin American countries have "revolutions" every five minutes that always end up with the same results. Amusing that they still sell books about their constant failure to exert meaningful social change. through "dissonance".  Money and power always wins. But I suppose its nice to dream.

I think you forgot to add that our shit-hole countries are filled with ugly, fat lesbians and "the gays". Mariano would love you, Muack!